PDA

View Full Version : Revealed

powrpurpl
11/30/05, 04:40 PM
Revealed
Ch. 1: Homecoming

Jack stepped off the Light Train in SPD Station. It was the first time that he had been here, the place that he called home in almost six and a half months, and what a time that was. He had journeyed to SPDF, worked with Dr. Manx, returned to Earth only to fly through a time portal to restore time, successfully completed his mission, took a bad blow and woke up in a hospital in Beijing, back in 2025, after being unconscious for three months. They kept him another three months for rehabilitation and would have kept him longer, if the world didn’t know that he was badly needed. He would finish his rehab at SPD. As it was, he was still using a double cane, and wearing several braces, including a chest brace, two leg braces, a neck brace, and an arm brace.

His MDS uniform was in shreds, so he was given other clothing- normal clothing that, by the rangers of the other timeline, had not been worn since Commander Cruger start his tenure as commander. But the good news was that the scars were gone and his dreadlocks were back. As he hobbled forward, he saw Boom hurrying toward him. “Sorry, Jack. The others rangers are in battle right now. Commander Cruger sent me to uh, well he wants to see you … Oh, dear, you’re worse than they said!”

So Jack hobbled on to the Command Room, where Commander Cruger and Dr. Manx were waiting. “What happened to…?” Dr. Manx trailed off as Commander Cruger raised his hand. “Are you back from 2013, Jack?” “Yes, Sir. I, thought that you were going to …?” “Erase my own memory? Yes, I was going to. However, it made more sense not to. Someone would need to know where you were, when you came back, and someone would need to know where your father really was.” “My father?” Jack asked, confused, as he glanced at Kat who was staring at the two of them. “Yes, your father. The one you rescued when he was meant to die. I sent him on a mission to gather information on Grumm, at the edge of the galaxy. I think that it is time for him to come home. I will send for him. And welcome home Jack.” “Thank you, sir.” “Another thing Jack, anytime you need to talk, I am here. Dismissed.”

Jack tried to salute but fell down instead. Commander Cruger sighed. He reached out his hand and Jack took it after a second. Commander Cruger pulled him up. “Thank you, Sir.” “Think nothing of it, Jack.” Jack nodded and tried to salute again, but Cruger stopped him, “I don’t want you falling down again.” Jack nodded and left. He hobbled to his room, only to find that it was not his room, at least in this timeline. So he asked the computer. It worked and he was able to get directions to his own room. As he walked down the hall, he noticed that all the walls were intact. When he reached his room, he found that he shared it with Bridge. This was obvious because everything on one side was green.

Meanwhile back in the Command Room, Commander Cruger looked up to see Dr. Manx staring at him puzzled. “Sir?” “I will explain when the rangers return.” They returned to watching the fight, which ended in a few minutes with the capture and confinement of Lotox the Annihilator. Then the rangers returned, laughing and joking as they always did. Commander Cruger said calmly. “Summon the rangers and all trainees to the Full Room, Kat.”

When all persons arrived in the Full Room, Commander Cruger spoke. “I will make this short. As you know Jack Landors disappeared six months ago. Somehow he made it China, two days later, unconscious, and nearly dead from injuries. He returned in the last hour.” Commander Cruger waited a few minutes for the commotion to die down.

“I will now briefly explain. Morgana succeeded in time traveling and changing time for the worst. The Jack that you will hereafter know is from that timeline. The Jack we know is gone forever. But this new Jack learned of the change and managed to return and restore time; at great cost to himself. I urge you to respect this new Jack, as if he were our own. In that timeline, they obviously did things differently, much differently and had horrific events occur. I urge you be patient with him and explain that he does not know and/or does not understand. Also, I have learned that with the events have occurred in his timeline, he has reached his breaking point, which I might add would be further than many I know, including myself. Therefore, I lastly urge you to be careful around him. That is all. Rangers, Dr. Manx, and Boom, I wish to see you personally after this, in the Command Room. Dismissed.”

When everyone had gathered in the Command Room afterward, Commander Cruger looked at them one by one. Schuylar Tate, whose arrogance was lessening by the day and normally the Blue Ranger; temporarily promoted to Red Ranger during Jack’s absence. Bridge Carson, the very confused Green Ranger, who also confused others, but not as much these days. Z Delgado, the private and deep Yellow Ranger who making stronger friendships than ever before. Syd the Pink Ranger and heart of the team, who was no longer spoiled. Sam, the mysterious Omega Ranger, who traveled from the future to save the past. And then there was Matthew Longton, sent by the Nebula Academy for back up to complete the team, when Jack was found, as the Blue Ranger, specially requested by Commander Cruger himself.

Finally, he spoke, “I have called you here to explain the drastic difference between Jack’s timeline and ours. First, Morgana’s target was you, Cadet Tate, 12 years ago. No, not to kill you, but to kidnap you and bring you to Grumm, who then trained you to be the ‘Dark Sky Ranger’. Later with the help of the Blue Ranger, you became good. Thus, Jack has barely known you.” Sam spoke up, “Then, sir, he does not know me at all except for the little boy down the hall. For it was Sky, barely alive from the massacre on the day that I appeared who became acting Commander and trained me to become the Omega.” “That is correct, Sam; he does not.” Commander Cruger looked to Matt. “Cadet Longton, have you ever known Cadet Landors?” “No sir. I know him from what every one has told me. Why?” “Because in that timeline, not only he knew you but, in his own words, you two were “closer than brothers.””

jenniferc
09/23/06, 02:55 PM
i like your story. it pretty cool. :)