10/20/06, 05:51 PM
is the magna defender reley a ranger i think no
so yes or no

Kamen Rider Decade
10/20/06, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by craig@Oct 20 2006, 05:51 PM
is the magna defender reley a ranger i think no
so yes or no
Depends on which Magna Defender you mean.

Do you mean the original which did not have a Morpher nor a non-armored form? Then there is no way Magna Defender can be a Ranger.

Do you mean Mike who had all the same basic items every sixth Ranger has but in his own unique theme? Then yes, Magna Defender is indeed a Ranger and nothing else.

MattEmily
02/27/14, 11:41 AM
The original one was not a Ranger but Mike as the Magna Defender was most definitely a Ranger.

In my mind, a Ranger is someone that fights against evil, is capable of morphing and is capable of evening up the score in some way. Mike can even up the score in 2 ways since he grow to become Mega Defender and he can also merge with his Torozord to become the Defender Torozord.

Zabitan
02/27/14, 11:44 AM
Honestly I always thought it was some weird Ultraman thing where they merged bodies and when the Magna Defender moved on he let Mike keep his body.

MattEmily
08/25/14, 03:40 PM
that's a disturbing thought there. Original Magna Defender dies but he keeps his corpse around so that Mike can morph into it.

Zabitan
08/25/14, 07:50 PM
I didn't think about that.

I just thought it reminded me how on Ultraman the Ultramen themselves are already living creatures who need human hosts to survive on Earth, and they seem to explain it as they both exist at same time mentally but only exist one at a time physically.

And it seemed to me they were doing something similar.

Plus his son was dead so when he "died" he got to be with his son again, and when Mike sacrificed the powers to save Terra Venture, and Captain Mutiny's slaves the Magna Defender and Zika's spirits came back to congratulate him for being the Magna Defender.

So I like to think he's at peace now.

MattEmily
09/02/14, 01:21 AM
that's an interesting thought... of course with the Legendary Battle his powers will be back.