PDA

View Full Version : ABC Family's Countdown to Destruction

Deviot
08/09/02, 04:38 AM
I'm not sure if anyone on the web has mentioned this yet, so I thought I would. I've seen CtD about a million times, and pretty much know it by heart. When I watched ABC Family's airing of it last Sunday morning, I immediately knew something was amiss. There was little jumps in the music during the part where the city is blasted by Velocifighters. It didn't take me long to figure out it was severely edited (due to 9/11, no less). Kinda outraged me, to chop up a perfect episode like that. One thing that was cut was the infamous stock footage shot of the building that always falls over and causes a HUGE explosion. Also, after Dark Specter blows up, the fragments of his rock body are hurled all around, down to Earth. In the edited version, the screen fades seconds after he blows. Damn terrorists.

I would also like to express my outrage and then sympathy for the monster costumes sacrificed for "Reinforcements From The Future". They used such important characters, Darkliptor, Monster-form Deviot, and Gatekeeper. They could have at least used monster costumes from years past that were never shown before...

Bison Zord
08/10/02, 09:23 PM
Yeah.. stupid terrorists. That's just annoying.

MattEmily
06/11/12, 02:17 PM
Indeed, edits are the worse.

Also I doubt the Mut-Org suits were picked to anger some fans. The Space and Galaxy suits were probably falling apart by then so why not use parts of them for a new monster?

MattEmily
04/07/14, 01:16 AM
Case in point is here.

Takach was made from Bara Police, Corrosion Psyma Beast Jeruda, Lightning Rod Psyma Beast Raima, Spirit World Guard Psyma Chaos and Tire Org.

Bara Police was an unused monster from Ohranger however they did use parts of him for Space's Electrotramp who was the monster that the Ninja Turtles destroyed.

Jeruda is a demon that was used briefly from GoGoV for Lightspeed. Probably just Shadow World scenes.

Raima was Strikning from Lightspeed. Chaos was the Gatekeeper from Lightspeed and no need to tell you who Tire Org was.

Rofang was made from Kaiser Buldont, Giga Guirail, Jigoku Nejilar and Lightning Rod Psyma Beast Raima.

Kaiser Buldont is Prince Gasket from Zeo, Giga Guiral is Darkliptor from Space,
Jigoku Nejilar is Bodyswitcher from Space and of course as we already know due to Rofang, Raima is Strikning.

Kired was made from Majin Biznella, Kolshizer, Child Transformation Psyma Beast Zairen and Jadow Mothera.

Majin Biznella is Deviot's Monster Form that the Galaxy Book gave him.
Kolshizer is Galaxy's Radster.
Zairen is from Lightspeed, he/she was briefly used, probably just Shadow World stuff.

Jadow Mothera comes from Beetleborgs Metallix, she was known as Repgillian, I believe she was the last monster that we saw in the series.