PDA

View Full Version : Is Lothor Dead?

Orange Ranger
01/10/11, 08:44 AM
Something that confused me about Thunder Storm is at the very end when Lother seems to become what the mutants became when they were defeated in Time Force. So what I want to know is if Lother really is dead or if he could theoricitally be brought back.

PRangerX
01/10/11, 08:46 AM
Thats a very interesting question. I felt that Lothor was still alive when Mesagog reduced him to genetic material. However, Mesagog's lab was destroyed at the end of DinoThunder. So you could argue that Lothor's DNA was destoryed with it. I like to think the material still exists somewhere. Ready to be revived. But I don' think we will see it happen on screen.

Kamen Rider Decade
01/10/11, 08:47 AM
He is as dead as Julius Ceaser.

Orange Ranger
01/10/11, 08:49 AM
He probably really is dead, but I wrote a fan fic called True Blue till the End where he comes back with a mutant army and only a reunion of all the blue rangers under the powers of a magical moon will stop them.

PRangerX
01/10/11, 08:50 AM
Interesting idea. I have tried to come up with ideas to bring Lothor back for a team up as well.

Zabitan
01/10/11, 08:50 AM
Who knows maybe that jar is still intact, and someone can just open it, and let Lothar out?

Kamen Rider Decade
01/10/11, 08:51 AM
Lothor was put in a glass containment jar.

Mesogog's Island Fortress collapses.

The chances of a glass containment jar surviving are about as likely as a snow ball's chance in Satan's home.

Zabitan
01/10/11, 08:51 AM
Touche still if they ever wanted to bring him back they could always come up with something to bring him back like he did get blown up but that caused him to get sent back to the abyss of evil so some other villain could bring him back.

Terry
01/10/11, 08:54 AM
Thats a very interesting question. I felt that Lothor was still alive when Mesagog reduced him to genetic material. However, Mesagog's lab was destroyed at the end of DinoThunder. So you could argue that Lothor's DNA was destoryed with it. I like to think the material still exists somewhere. Ready to be revived. But I don' think we will see it happen on screen.

Speaking of Mesogog, does part of his DNA still exist in Anton after they were seperated?

PRangerX
01/10/11, 08:54 AM
Thats an interesting question. I would assume that Mesagog's dna is in fact gone. But if Anton repeated the same experiments on himself... You wonder if a new version of Mesogog would be created with the memories of the old ( before the split)?

Kamen Rider Decade
01/10/11, 08:55 AM
If Anton was stupid enough to repeat that insanity all over again, he should be shot in the head for being the stupidest person alive and the prince of evil.

Terry
01/11/11, 12:23 AM
Yeah. That would make him just as bad as Mesogog. Unless of course he can turn him good somehow..

PRangerX
01/12/11, 12:23 AM
If Anton was stupid enough to repeat that insanity all over again, he should be shot in the head for being the stupidest person alive and the prince of evil.

Yeah it would be dumb. I was just using it as an example.

Zabitan
01/13/11, 07:46 AM
I remember on Rangerboard Latham Gaines the actor who played Messogog/Mercer said that Lothar's jar was made into a lamp that sits by his pool table.

I know he was joking but that's probably the most likely answer for all we know.

MattEmily
I believe Lothor is dead but I do believe he probably went back into the Abyss of Evil like all of his Monsters did after being destroyed.

Terry
Didn't Mesogog once say to Tommy "That depends on who the good guys are" when Tommy mentioned that the good guys always win?

Does Mesogog think he's good? He even believes that what he's doing is right. No other villain is like that and know that they are evil except for maybe Ransik who also believes what he's doing is justified.

Apprentice Claude
No. Lothor regenerated in DT.

MattEmily
12/13/14, 10:10 PM
Lothor was put in a glass containment jar.

Mesogog's Island Fortress collapses.

The chances of a glass containment jar surviving are about as likely as a snow ball's chance in Satan's home.

Yes the containment jar was glass and it likely was destroyed once the island fortress was destroyed but keep in mind that if Lothor was destroyed then he would have went back to the Abyss and therefore he would have been able to escape again just like he did before.

Didn't Mesogog once say to Tommy "That depends on who the good guys are" when Tommy mentioned that the good guys always win?

Does Mesogog think he's good? He even believes that what he's doing is right. No other villain is like that and know that they are evil except for maybe Ransik who also believes what he's doing is justified.

I don't know if he believes that he's good but I do believe that he believes that he is justified in his actions of returning the world to the age of the dinosaurs.

No. Lothor regenerated in DT.
They're aware of that, they're referring to Mesogog imprisoning Lothor inside one of his containment jars DURING Dino Thunder and then the island fortress was destroyed by Hayley which likely would have destroyed the jar and therefore Lothor.

I remember on Rangerboard Latham Gaines the actor who played Messogog/Mercer said that Lothar's jar was made into a lamp that sits by his pool table.

I know he was joking but that's probably the most likely answer for all we know.

yea I'm sure he was joking even though I'm not even sure if I remember that post of his or not but I don't believe it's the most likely answer since I can't really see how a containment jar can survive such a powerful explosion especially since it was shown that you can break the jars without a problem as if they were likely made of glass and they probably were made of glass.

Disney Ranger
12/15/14, 09:19 PM
I liked Lothor. He was pretty funny. One of the highlights of NS for me. Would love for him to return.

Captain Codfish
12/15/14, 09:21 PM
Not a big fan of Lothor. I think the main villain of PR should be menacing. I liked it when PR ditched the funny villains for the more serious. I'm glad the funny main villain archtype didn't return full time. I do think Lothar is in some test tube buried under water somewhere.

Willow
12/15/14, 09:30 PM
I think Lothor got destoryed when Mesagog's base got destroyed. Funny that the Rangers will never know. But Matt makes a good point about Lothor probably ending up back in the abyss.

MattEmily
12/15/14, 09:32 PM
I agree with you Captain Codfish, I personally think that a lead villain should be more menacing.

Disney Ranger
12/15/14, 09:36 PM
I just like the villains that crack me up lol

MattEmily
12/15/14, 09:37 PM
Sometimes it's fine but only if it's a General or one of the lamer villains like Squatt and Baboo that weren't going to fight to begin with anyway but when it's the actual leader that is when I actually have an issue with it.

Turbo Guy
12/15/14, 09:38 PM
I'm kinda the same way. I think Divatox was the best. I thought the episode where she lost her memories and went to work in a pizza shop was halarious. Just love it when PR is whacky. One of the reasons why I like Turbo so much. That and the cool cars lol.

MattEmily
12/15/14, 09:39 PM
No doubt. That was a whacky episode but it was a hilarious one at that plus on top of which it had Mad Mike who was a whacky monster and he had trapped the Rangers in a whacky trap.

PRangerX
12/15/14, 09:40 PM
I just like it when the Rangers have a good menace to fight. It kind of gets less threatening when all the villains are funny. Thats what the side villains are for. The main villains should be serious. Or at least have somewhat of an edge. I do think Lothor was underated in a lot of ways. Don't want to go to funny with the main baddies though. I'm with Codfish and Matt.

MattEmily
12/15/14, 09:42 PM
I agree with you there.
I also like it when they have a good menace to fight but it does get less threatening when you have goofy villains since it makes it seem like they don't want to take "conquering the world" or "destroying the world" serious enough.

PRangerX
12/15/14, 10:09 PM
Yeah always thought Rita and Zedd were a bit overrated because of that. Zedd was cooler before he married Rita though. But it was a different era for the show. There was no need to tottally go back there in the Disney Era.

Turbo Guy
12/15/14, 10:09 PM
I wonder what it would have been like if Divatox was married to Zedd and not Rita?

Willow
12/15/14, 10:11 PM
I like serious main villians too. But Rita and Zedd are classic. Especially Soga's version of Rita.

Captain Codfish
12/15/14, 10:12 PM
I liked Rita better when she was played by her American Actress and in more original footage. No disrespect to Soga. Wasn't her fault they used footage from a foriegn show.

PRangerX
12/15/14, 10:14 PM
I remember my cousins hating it when Zedd replaced Rita. They also missed the old zords. I thought they were crazy lol.

Willow
12/15/14, 10:14 PM
I was kinda like that at first. Zedd warmed up to me though.

No Green Spandex
12/15/14, 10:15 PM
I thought Zedd was bad ass. Loved it when he debuted.

Kilobyte
12/17/14, 10:47 PM
He is dead, no way he could have survived that explosion. Not even sure if he wasn't dead when Mesogog trapped him.

MattEmily
12/18/14, 01:36 AM
I'm pretty sure he was alive when he was imprisoned in the jar since I considered it to be much like Zordon's time warp imprisonment he was still alive even though he was trapped in a time warp and more than likely no longer had a body to walk around in. However after the explosion of Mesogog's island fortress it is doubtful that he would have been able to survive it but then again Mesogog was able to survive it.

PRangerX
12/18/14, 06:00 PM
I assumed he was just reduced to his dna form or whatever Mesogog's monsters were. before they went in the Randomizer. So if Mesogog wanted too he could have reactivated him in his machine. I assume more magical villains could have done it too. Like Lord Zedd could turn objects into monsters.

Captain Codfish
12/18/14, 06:11 PM
Never really wieghed in on the topic. I think he was alive. But didn't survive the explosion.

VR Master
12/18/14, 06:15 PM
I wonder why Lothor even bothered breaking Lothor down to DNA form? Why not just kill him. He obviously didn't like him.