PDA

View Full Version : Forever Red?

PRangerX
11/10/14, 11:11 PM
What do you think of Forever Red? I always think it was a great team up to celebrate the 10th year of PR.. People complain about the unexplained return of powers. But I don't think that really matters. Since the whole point of the episode was to celebrate the history of PR. Plus their is some plausible reasons why those Reds could have their powers back. The only big gripe with the episode is how a bike destroys Surpenterra. But the bike did come from Animus, who was a god. Plus the producers didn't have a choice at that point. It was cool seeing all those Reds again. Especially Jason, Tommy, Andros, and TJ.

Kamen Rider Decade
11/10/14, 11:12 PM
My favorite part was seeing Jason being all chubby.

Every Red Ranger that appeared never lost his powers. (That sounds sexist)

A machine made by the god of Wild Zords, which is technologically far more modern than the super ancient Serpenterra.

PRangerX
11/10/14, 11:12 PM
I never noticed Jason being chubby as much as most. I guess thats why they had him wearing leather.

I subscribe to theory that Jason got his powers back from the evil Red Ranger (from the comics). TJ got his powers back like Justin did in "True Blue To The Rescue". The Zeo Crystal was never destoryed so its plausible that Tommy could get those powers back.

Kamen Rider Decade
11/10/14, 11:13 PM
Jason never lost his powers period. The Power Transfer only copied the powers, much like transferring files from one computer to another via the Internet.

TJ never lost his Turbo Powers. Eltar was the source of power at the moment they "lost" them Eltar was under attack and the link from Ranger Suit to Ranger power source was temporarily lost.

PRFAN1
11/10/14, 11:13 PM
I will clear up this conversation and tell you that I asked Amit Bhaumik this on FB and got a reply saying:

"My memory is a little fuzzy on the details, but the short of it is Tommy, between leaving in PRT and reappearing in Forever Red, goes to Zordon's homeworld of Eltar around PRLG/PRLR timewise. There he finds the remains of Alpha 5 and takes him to be rebuilt as Alpha 7 (the one you saw in Forever Red). He also uncovers the source of Zordon's powers and restores the Red Zeo Crystal giving him his Zeo powers back. Some time around then he restores Jason's power coin. Lightning Cruiser was modified and became the new source for TJ's Turbo powers. I think the car he pulled up in Forever Red was supposed to be Lightning Cruiser."

Zabitan
11/10/14, 11:14 PM
Makes sense to me.

PRangerX
11/10/14, 11:15 PM
Thats interesting because I thought that Amit's intention was that Jason got his powers back from the Dark Red Ranger. But then again that could have just been a joke. Or Amit's memory could be fuzzy. But PRfan's post is very interesting.

Zabitan
11/10/14, 11:15 PM
Well maybe Jason got his powers from the Dark Red Ranger but everything else could be like what PRFan said.

PRangerX
11/10/14, 11:16 PM
Sometimes thinks we think are true turn out to be false. Since a lot of it is heresay. There have been contradicted truths before.

PRangerX
11/10/14, 11:16 PM
8/18/10

adibsheikh
08/29/17, 07:41 AM
All Red Power Rangers of all seasons features in one Video!
Forever Red!!:):)
Video Link: 5brE_Xdkf0g
love this video!!:):)

mbozzo
09/11/17, 09:49 PM
I hate to post this, but I believe that the video link doesn't work. Prove me wrong. :mad2: :angry:

MattEmily
09/11/17, 09:59 PM
I hate to post this, but I believe that the video link doesn't work. Prove me wrong. :mad2: :angry:

now it does :D

Kimberly Hart
10/02/17, 10:29 PM
I still don't understand why Aurico was there instead of Rocky. Also Eric had no place there. i didn't like where they acted like Jason and Tommy weren't friends anymore.

Goldar's Revenge
10/07/17, 12:11 PM
Amit viewed Eric as a Red Ranger and there was never any place for Rocky to show up as a Ranger. They needed ten Rangers to represent ten years of the show's run at the time. Thats why Eric and Aurico were chosen.

White Tiger Fan
10/07/17, 12:12 PM
Rocky was going to cameo as Tommy's butler but they couldn't get ahold of Steve Cardensa to offer the role to him.

MattEmily
10/07/17, 03:56 PM
I still don't understand why Aurico was there instead of Rocky. Also Eric had no place there. i didn't like where they acted like Jason and Tommy weren't friends anymore.

Aurico was a Red Ranger which is why he was there. Rocky didn't have a separate Ranger suit since it would've looked identical to Jason's.
Yes Eric had no place there but they needed 10 Red Rangers so they had no choice in the matter.

MattEmily
10/07/17, 04:00 PM
Rocky was going to cameo as Tommy's butler but they couldn't get ahold of Steve Cardensa to offer the role to him.

partly right. Rocky was going to be the Butler but he would've morphed if Austin was unable to return the problem is that they had contacted him so they knew he was interested in returning but he was in the middle of moving and he forgot to give them his updated details so when they tried to contact him they weren't able to since they didn't have access to his new details.

Everyone Loves Rocky
10/09/17, 06:14 PM
What a waste that would have been by using Rocky as a butler. People would have rather seen him as a Ranger over Jason anyways.

Adam White Tiger
10/09/17, 06:15 PM
I think people would have rather had Adam as Red over those two.

Massive Ego
10/09/17, 06:17 PM
Why ? He was never Red ever?And this was an anniversary season featuring all Reds?

Green Alien Ranger
10/09/17, 06:18 PM
Agreed, and no way people wanted Rocky over Jason.

Forever Jason
10/09/17, 06:20 PM
No offense to Rocky but Jason was well above him as a character. And certainly as a Red in the eyes lf the fans.

Power Sentai
10/09/17, 06:23 PM
Tommy and Jason were always going to be Reds and featured players.

KimandTommy
10/09/17, 06:55 PM
I just wish Kimberly cameoed as Tommy 's wife. I am glad they dropped the idea of Kat coming back.

Wesley Smallings
10/10/17, 11:03 PM
I would have rather had Wes and not Eric. Use Alex if you need time force red so bad.

Lord Leo
10/10/17, 11:04 PM
I wish they didn't bother with Lord Leo. But at least he didn't steal the spotlight for once.

No Green Spandex
10/10/17, 11:05 PM
Yes, he was only Duke Leo here.

MattEmily
10/11/17, 05:09 PM
I would have rather had Wes and not Eric. Use Alex if you need time force red so bad.

it would've been Quantum Ranger and not Time Force Red since Time Force Red is Wes and Alex replacing Eric would've been pointless so I don't know what you're getting at there.

No Green Spandex
10/11/17, 09:51 PM
"Forever Red" was good. I could have done without Tommy in charge. But at least many of the others got focus. And they ended it by making fans make up their own mind on his legacy. So I applaud them for that.

Forever Lame
10/14/17, 07:14 PM
I think Forever Red was stupid! It just didn't have no time. And it violated continuity. Jason, TJ, and Tommy shouldn't have had their powers. Jason acts way out of character. He was never a bully. Lightspeed Rescue was disbanded so Carter should have been independent. They made this mistake in the TF team up too, to be fair. The Wild Force Rider should never habe been able to take out Serpentera. Which was never left buried on the moon. And since when do we have Machine Empire Generals?

Zeo Power
10/14/17, 07:20 PM
I wish Tommy would have brought back the Zeo Megazord or something like that.

KimandTommy
10/14/17, 07:22 PM
It was fun seeing Tommy and Jason. I agree that Jason acted a little out of characrer and should have been nicer to Cole. It would have been a better episode if it was the MMPR Rangers teaming up with the Wild Force team. Especially if Kat was the villian.

MMPR Guru
10/14/17, 07:23 PM
I liked the episode mainly for Jason, Tommy, and Serpentera. I agree a lot of it didn't make sense. I don't think Jason ane Tommy had a falling our beforehand, like some fans assert.

Space Seasons
10/14/17, 07:25 PM
The episode was great! They just should have had Andros lead instead of Tommy. The mission was in outer space. And even TJ had more experience as a Space Ranger than Tommy ever had. But it wasn't a big deal.

MMPR White
10/14/17, 09:32 PM
I thought it was a great episode. I mean there was bound to be some inconsistencies when you have 20 minutes to tell such a big story.

Maligore
10/14/17, 09:33 PM
Disney was too cheap do a multi-parter or proper Megazord sequence.

Die Hard
10/14/17, 09:34 PM
Wow ! Didn't know that Jason amd Tommy actually came back!

Ginger Snap
10/14/17, 09:36 PM
It was a pretty amazing episode! And a nice surprise since I didn't have the internet or all the backstage info you guys have.

Forever Lame
10/14/17, 09:37 PM
I didn't have the internet either. And I still knew enough to no what a continuity nightmare it was.

Captain Codfish
10/14/17, 09:39 PM
So much time had passed its not unbelievable to assume the powered down Rangers had enough time to get their powers back off screen. Amit even had some ideas to how himself. But the possibilities were really endless.

Guardian Ranger
10/14/17, 09:41 PM
It would have been nice to have a second part. But I thought rhe episode waamvery goos. Even with a few continuity issues.

Zabitan
10/14/17, 09:47 PM
I liked it just as an excuse to watch a really cool fight scene.

I just thought how they defeated Serpentera was anti climatic.

I got a kick out of the bad guys being Beetle Borgs but I always wished they could have had other villain groups like Divatox's space pirates, Scorpius' minions, and Bansheera's Demons, and Time Force's mutants represented.

Goldar's Revenge
10/14/17, 10:13 PM
Amit originally wanted a cult trying to resurrect Dark Spector. But Tzachor wantes him to use the beatleborg suits, wince they were already there to use. Not even realizing that they were the Beatleborg suits.

Bandai funded the final battle and only stipulated that the Wild Rider be promoted in the scene. The episode would have not been finished without the funding. There was no money left for MMPR Productions to do its own Zord battle , let alone a massive Megazord battle.

Zabitan
10/14/17, 10:20 PM
Oh yeah I remember that it would have been cool.

Then again I always joke about them using the Battle Grid suits from VR Troopers in Power Ranger back when they still had those suits.

VR Master
10/14/17, 10:21 PM
That would have been interesting.

VR Forever
10/14/17, 10:22 PM
I wish the VR Troopers usee the battle grid suits and endee up being a Ranger team.

Forever Pink
10/14/17, 10:25 PM
I am surprised there was never a team up of VT and PR. Maybe rhey could have used the battle grid suits there?

VR Master
10/14/17, 10:26 PM
That would have a great idea actually. I guess it can only happen in fan fiction now.

MattEmily
10/15/17, 05:32 AM
I think Forever Red was stupid! It just didn't have no time. And it violated continuity. Jason, TJ, and Tommy shouldn't have had their powers. Jason actes way out of character. He was never a bully. Lightspeed Rescue was disbanded so Carter should have been independent. They made this mistake in the TF team up too, to be fair. The Wild Force Rider should never habe been able to take out Serpenterra. Which was never left buried on the moon. And since when do we have Machine Empire Generals?

False it did nothing to violate continuity.
Fact 1: The Dino Coins and Tommy's Tiger Coin were only damaged when their zords were destroyed.
Fact 2: The Ninja Coins were the only coins that got destroyed
Fact 3: the Zeo powers were never destroyed.
Fact 4: The Turbo powers were never destroyed. First of all they lost their powers when Eltar was conquered.
Fact 5: Second of all much like Justin did with his Storm Blaster it's also possible TJ could've used Lightning Cruiser to morph even if Eltar was still in bad shape at the time.

I do have to agree with you about Jason.
Incorrect about Lightspeed Rescue it was never stated that the organization itself was disbanded yes the group went their separate ways but they still carried their Morphers with them in case they were needed.

I wasn't happy about the Rider destroying Serpentera either but you do have to keep in mind of who gave it to Cole.
Who gave it to him?
Yes that's right Animus who was essentially a God.

Just because we didn't see it didn't mean Serpentera couldn't have gotten buried on the Moon I mean how else would you expect Rita, Zedd and Finster to come back from the M51 Galaxy? Don't forget that they left in Serpentera so they would've needed to take it back to the Moon.

It was fun seeing Tommy and Jason. I agree that Jason acted a little out of characrer and should have been nicer to Cole. It would have been a better episode if it was the MMPR Rangers teaming up with the Wild Force team. Especially if Kat was the villian.

It was definitely nice seeing Tommy and Jason but I agree that Jason was acting out of character. Don't start that MMPR-obsessed and "I-hate-Kat" stuff that you do it's getting old.

The episode was great! They just should have had Andros lead instead of Tommy. The mission was in outer space. And even TJ had more experience as a Space Ranger than Tommy ever had. But it wasn't a big deal.

yea I would agree if it was a space mission but technically they were just flying to the Moon which isn't a big deal.

Amit originally wanted a cult trying to resurrect Dark Spector. But Tzachor wantes him to use the beatleborg suits, wince they were already there to use. Not even realizing that they were the Beatleborg suits.

Bandai funded the final battle and only stipulated that the Wild Rider be promoted in the scene. The episode would have not been finished without the funding. There was no money left for MMPR Productions to do its own Zord battle , let alone a massive Megazord battle.

Not quite. Yes about Dark Specter but Tzachor had nothing to do with using the Beetleborgs suits I know people like to blame him for everything since generally he's the 1 at fault for such stuff happening but it was actually Koichi himself who had wanted to use the suits.

Also the part about Bandai funding it is true but actually the whole story is that Disney didn't even want to pay for it and no it's not because "they're cheap" as Maligore likes to cheap out in every single post BUT it's actually because they saw no point in paying for such a teamup episode in which most of the Rangers would've had no figures to make money off of.

Zabitan
10/15/17, 02:27 PM
I always thought that was weird since they bring back old toys all the time even if they repainted them like when Ninjor became Ninjak in the Ninja Storm toyline.

That and I remember them already having a separate line for old toys from the previous seasons.

If anything I think a special Forever Red toyline would have been awesome

MattEmily
10/15/17, 08:37 PM
I always thought that was weird since they bring back old toys all the time even if they repainted them like when Ninjor became Ninjak in the Ninja Storm toyline.

That and I remember them already having a separate line for old toys from the previous seasons.

If anything I think a special Forever Red toyline would have been awesome

yea it's a bad excuse but that is what they wanted to go with but you're definitely right about Bandai bringing old figures back all of the time but just because they did it or didn't do it didn't mean much since Bandai was a separate company so they don't tell the Power Rangers crew what they're doing unless it involves a toy that they want on the show.

Goldar's Revenge
10/15/17, 09:00 PM
Your right about Koichi being behind the suits. I don't know why I thought Tzachor?

MattEmily
10/16/17, 12:46 PM
Your right about Koichi being behind the suitss. I don't know why I thought Tzachor?

because he's to blame about anything and everything?

MattEmily
10/16/17, 12:47 PM
I wish Tommy would have brought back the Zeo Megazord or something like that.

me too but they never had the Ohranger mecha suits and even if they did they wouldn't have been able to use them due to how old they are.

Maligore
10/16/17, 03:47 PM
They should have spent they money and rebuilt all the megazord suits from scratch. When they didn't, I knew Disney was going to be just as cheap as Saban.

Forever Lame
10/16/17, 03:49 PM
The Wild Rider fiasco may not have ruined the entire episode if it wasn't for the other crap.

MattEmily
10/16/17, 04:06 PM
They should have spent they money and rebuilt all the megazord suits from scratch. When they didn't, I knew Disney was going to be just as cheap as Saban.

to be fair we don't know what zords would've needed to be re-created on top of which that wasn't something Power Rangers did they would've needed to pay Toei to re-create the suits and here you go with your cheap bird routine. Disney is so cheap that they did 3 teamups, they allowed the use of Saban music in Dino Thunder even though they would've needed to pay for it, they had a huge cast in multiple seasons AND they had no issues with what the crew wanted to do for Fighting Spirit even though they weren't getting any money for it.

The Wild Rider fiasco may not have ruined the entire episode if it wasn't for the other crap.

I disagree the Rider destroying Serpentera is what damaged the ep for me not just that but Serpentera itself since the CGI was just beyond bad.

Forever Lame
10/16/17, 04:14 PM
Yes the CGi was terrible! How isn't FR a bad episode?

Inner Senshi
10/16/17, 04:16 PM
I disagree! The episode was awesome! Especially with how we got to see pur old favorites again!I thought it was funny how Jason treated Cole like a rookie.

Ranger Onyx
10/16/17, 04:17 PM
Not this again!

Captain Codfish
10/16/17, 04:23 PM
I'll debate "Forever Red" all day. Its such an interesting and fun episode. I find Amit's backstory for Jason to be interesting . As well as the backstory for certain Rangers getting their powers. It all makes perfect sense. The only mess up with the Wild Rider is that they didn't use it against Master Org . It was powerful necause Animius made it.

Reinforcements From The Failures
10/16/17, 04:28 PM
Thank you OP! This is such an overrated episode. Glad someone pointed its serious flaws. I am going to make another about another overrated episode the same season.

MMPR Fan
10/16/17, 09:34 PM
I saw the episode on netflix. Jason and Tommy didn't feel the same. And I could care less about the other Rangers. I did like Bulk and Skull.

MMPR Fan
10/16/17, 09:50 PM
Jason is the only Red for me. Tommy as Red doesn't work. He should only be Green Ranger.

Green With Envy
10/16/17, 10:08 PM
Jason was out of character. But evertything else about the episode was perfect and was a fiiting tribute to the first ten seasons. I did like seeing Jason and Tommy reunited.

Super Cena
10/16/17, 10:13 PM
I don't buy Jason getting his powers back from an obscure comic book villain. I do think its possibly Jason and the others vowt their powers back in the hears between their exists and the team up. TJ's is easy with Justin in the Space team up. And we never knew what happened to the Zeo Powers.

Fanboy Supreme
10/16/17, 10:43 PM
"Forever Red" is awesome! I have the final word. Now close this thread.

Falconzord Commander
10/16/17, 11:14 PM
The episode is very good. The only real complaint I have has to do with the Wild Rider saving the day. I don't buy the excuse that Amit made it.

PRangerX
10/16/17, 11:19 PM
I merged the two "Forever Red" threads into one.

Dino Ranger Knight
10/16/17, 11:28 PM
It was a rushed episode that endes up being a disappointment. It was fanwank anyway.

MattEmily
10/17/17, 01:23 PM
I merged the two "Forever Red" threads into one.

I was wondering what happened and how it got to be so big LOL

Shadowhawk
10/19/17, 08:07 PM
Forever Red was great. The backstory really makes a lot of sense. Its amazing how they were able to fit in so much to a 20 minute episode. It was awesome seeing my old favorites. I am not going to complain about having them back. Leaving out Jason, Tommy, and TJ wouldn't have made sense.

Rangerlord
10/19/17, 08:11 PM
The problem is that they should have added more backstory. Amit's explanations after the fact are lazy to me. Plus I don't count anything off screen as canon. That said, I enjoyed the episode for what it was. But lets not ignore its issues. It had major continuity issues that are hard for long time fans to ignore. They did a better job here than "Once A Ranger" though.

No Green Spandex
10/19/17, 08:15 PM
I think the writer of the episode is allowed to say backstory after the fact. They are the ones that wrote the episode. Plus Amit was in charge of the whole writing staff. It waa a good episode. Good enough to stomach the un-wanted return of Tommy Oliver .

Goldar's Revenge
10/19/17, 08:28 PM
"Forever Red" was a 20 minute speciao to celebrate the ten years or the shows history. It was never meant to answer fanon questions. Nor did it really have the time.

Time Force Omega
10/20/17, 09:02 PM
I won't say it was bad. But I really didn't care for anyone except Wes and Eric. It waa nice to get more of them.

Captain Codfish
10/20/17, 09:27 PM
The inconsistencies don't bother me...Because there are plenty of theories as to what could have happened off screen. The episode did a remarkable job of cramming in every former Ranger and giving most of them something to do. And the storyline plays off or the show's history. Even if you don't count " Rain".

Quantum Hunter
10/20/17, 09:37 PM
I thought it was really cool how they includee Eric. Who always felr like another Red to me.

MattEmily
10/20/17, 10:56 PM
I think the writer of the episode is allowed to say backstory after the fact. They are the ones that wrote the episode. Plus Amit was in charge of the whole writing staff. It waa a good episode. Good enough to stomach the un-wanted return of Tommy Oliver .

yes they are allowed to the problem is that it doesn't count unless it was stated on-screen. Amit was never in charge of the whole writing Staff.

Rangerlord
10/21/17, 07:35 AM
I don't count anything off screen either. I am a strict continuity fan.

Power Sentai
10/21/17, 05:30 PM
I don't think there is much more they could have done. A better final fight would have been nice but it wasn't possible.

Astronema
10/21/17, 05:36 PM
I thought it was cool how the episode was set up and played into some loose ends that would never have been tied up otherwise. It was good to see Andros again, as well as him working with Tommy. As well as TJ. And can't forget how awesome it was to have a Megaship 2.

Anti Hexagon
10/21/17, 07:47 PM
I'm not a big fan of Tommy in FR. Since it relies on all of Amit's Hexagon ideas. And I don't like Hexagon at all. Even Doug and the SPD Producer's ideas for it. DT had a much better version of Tommy. Becoming a paleontologist was a stretch but we know Tommy is smart. So it makes more sense with all the time between turbo that he could have got a doctorate. A lot more realistic than that Hexagon nonsense some people like to new bring up.

White Tiger Fan
10/21/17, 08:28 PM
I would be to differ. Hexagon is awesome! Especially Bhaumik's version. I think Tommy was great in Forever Red. To tell you the truth I don't think Tommy waa actually a doctor or a paleontologist. He was just undercover to find the gem holders and protect them from Mesagog. It is pretty fishy for a doctor to be teaching high school. Tommy just over built up his cover.

Green With Envy
10/21/17, 08:39 PM
I was fine with everything. Even if it takes writer speculation and fanon to explain certain things. It all can work given we had so many years and events that could have happened to the characters off screen. It seems like Ranger powers started to become much easier to obtain them, compared to the early years.

MattEmily
10/21/17, 09:26 PM
I'm not a big fan of Tommy in FR. Since it relies on all of Amit's Hexagon ideas. And I don't like Hexagon at all. Even Doug and the SPD Producer's ideas for it. DT had a much better version of Tommy. Becoming a paleontologist was a stretch but we know Tommy is smart. So it makes more sense with all the time between turbo that he could have got a doctorate. A lot more realistic than that Hexagon nonsense some people like to new bring up.

I would be to differ. Hexagon is awesome! Especially Bhaumik's version. I think Tommy was great in Forever Red. To tell you the truth I don't think Tommy waa actually a doctor or a paleontologist. He was just undercover to find the gem holders and protect them from Mesagog. It is pretty fishy for a doctor to be teaching high school. Tommy just over built up his cover.

I don't mind the Hexagon idea I'm just against the whole "Rangers coming together as 2 different teams and causing what basically amounts to a civil war"

Zabitan
10/21/17, 09:38 PM
I think it depends I can imagine all the various government Ranger teams being under one banner, same with space teams.

I'm just not sure I like the idea of all of them being against each other unless one side was under mind control or they had a very good reason for it.

My biggest pet peeve with the original Hexagon idea is the idea that all the Rangers being under one banner is a bad thing.

Then again Patoranger/Lupinranger might make a good Sentai for such a concept, or they can adapt more than one Sentai for a season, and do it that way.

Lord Zedd
10/21/17, 10:20 PM
I can buy the Hexagon organization secretly watching over Ranger Team idea. But the stuff about the civil war and Hexagon being a threat like the alliance doesn't sound right to me.

PRangerX
10/21/17, 10:56 PM
There are some good theories here. But I have no problems with Amit's theories. I was a little confused at first. But I never have not enjoyed the episode. And I understand it a lot better now. The fact we can have such a long discussion about the episode means it has some importance.

Forever Lame
10/21/17, 11:32 PM
Its a terrible episode full of horrible plotholes. Nothing will change my mind.

Eric Loves Taylor
10/21/17, 11:39 PM
I am glad Eric was in it. I wish we got more interaction between Taylor and himself.

Jen's Revenge
10/21/17, 11:52 PM
Jen was pretty bad ass during her introduction.

Dic Dubber
10/22/17, 10:34 AM
I agree with Jason and Tommy not feeling right. The episode just didn't do enough to honor MMPR. It felt more like a Wild Force episode anyway. Not that it's a bad things but this was supposed to be an anniversary episode.

Red With Evil
10/22/17, 01:23 PM
It was such a fanboy moment seeing all the Red Rangers up until that point. I wish they did a sequel for the 20th anniversary.

Itzy Bitzy Carter
10/22/17, 07:58 PM
The only part I hated about the episode was Carter. But at least he wasn't featured too much.

Lord Jedite
10/22/17, 10:35 PM
It just wasn't a good episode. Everything was rushed an a few things didn't make sense. Like the powers thing mentioned in here a bunch of times. Jason big leaguing Cole was stupid. The Wild Rider thing was stupid. I dont care who gave it to Cole. It was all fan wank. It gets way too much hype.

And let me say that Tommy as this rich head of a secret organization was stupid. And you can tell the Disney staff agreed, since DT Tommy was totally different.

VR Forever
10/22/17, 10:45 PM
Its funny how much controversy this episode spurs. I think people take it way too seriously. It was just supposed to be a fun reunion special. Why can't we just enjoy it for that.

Crazy Kelsey
10/23/17, 11:18 AM
The episode made no sense and really felt like we missed a few seasons that we had to see to understand it. I did like how Carter was the one to recruit most of the Red Rangers. It fit his character well.

MMPR Forever
10/23/17, 02:35 PM
Jason and Tommy just didn't feel like the characters we all loved from MMPR. They should have done an MMPR reunion. Who cares about the Reds from the other seasons we don't care about.

Massive Ego
10/23/17, 02:36 PM
Jason and Tommy just didn't feel like the characters we all loved from MMPR. They should have done an MMPR reunion. Who cares about the Reds from the other seasons we don't care about.

You mean the seasons you didn't care about.

Ultra Fan Blue
10/23/17, 05:00 PM
I'm just sad we never got Forever Blue. The Blue Rangers are usually the best in the series.

Jason Chan Fan
10/23/17, 05:43 PM
It was a highlight for a long down era for the franchise.

Dino Guts
10/23/17, 08:49 PM
I think they should have included an adaption of the big dinosaur Sentai Teams with Dino Charge or Super Dino Charge.

I did like Forever Red though.. It was a fun romp. I could see Jason and Tommy being different since so many years went by.

Jen's Revenge
10/27/17, 11:13 PM
I wish Jen could have had a cameo.

Byron Stinger
10/28/17, 08:20 PM
I am glad they were able to do their own thing for Power Rangers. Rather than adapt the Sentai Anniversary team up . Or worst case, do no extra team up.

Zordon's Legacy
10/28/17, 08:27 PM
I know why they didn't do it. But a Forever Red 2 would have been cool for Super Megaforce. Amit was just a consultant in Samurai and pitched ideas for other seasons. So they could haven hired him to write the episode.

Captain Codfish
10/28/17, 08:52 PM
The team up was perfect for me. I liked that most of the Reds got to have their own moments. It wasn't just the Tommy and Jason show. It made sense for Cole to save the day, since they were putting over the current Ranger. It was like passing the torch. Cole would have been written to do the same torch passing if he was in a NS team up.

Zabitan
10/28/17, 08:55 PM
I'll admit my thing when this came out was I wanted to see team ups for other colors like the Blue Rangers trying to stop the remnants of Zedd, and Rita's forces, Green/Black Rangers trying to stop the remnants of Divatox's space pirates, etc.

Mars Fire Ignite
10/28/17, 09:01 PM
I think a lot of people thought the same thing. Its a subject people seem to have brought up a lot over the years.

MattEmily
11/25/17, 06:59 PM
I will clear up this conversation and tell you that I asked Amit Bhaumik this on FB and got a reply saying:

"My memory is a little fuzzy on the details, but the short of it is Tommy, between leaving in PRT and reappearing in Forever Red, goes to Zordon's homeworld of Eltar around PRLG/PRLR timewise. There he finds the remains of Alpha 5 and takes him to be rebuilt as Alpha 7 (the one you saw in Forever Red). He also uncovers the source of Zordon's powers and restores the Red Zeo Crystal giving him his Zeo powers back. Some time around then he restores Jason's power coin. Lightning Cruiser was modified and became the new source for TJ's Turbo powers. I think the car he pulled up in Forever Red was supposed to be Lightning Cruiser."

Thats interesting because I thought that Amit's intention was that Jason got his powers back from the Dark Red Ranger. But then again that could have just been a joke. Or Amit's memory could be fuzzy. But PRfan's post is very interesting.

Sometimes thinks we think are true turn out to be false. Since a lot of it is heresay. There have been contradicted truths before.

that's very true since while there were comments that Amit had made such claims he had also denied those claims so we'll never truly know what his true intentions were with Jason and his Power Coin

PRangerX
11/25/17, 07:26 PM
Merged the newer Forever Red with the old one that waz just bumped

Blastr Zack
11/25/17, 07:30 PM
I think they should have used an all star ranger team instead of just Red.

Dustin Dude
11/25/17, 08:07 PM
I didn't like all the plotholes. They should have mentioned that Tommy found a way to restore the Power Rangers. Which would have been fitting since he lost his own Green Powers in a very memorable storyline.

Ninja Encounter
11/25/17, 08:14 PM
The episode was a big disappointment and just didn't make much sense. It was way too rushed as well. Half the older Red's shouldn't still have their powers back . The ending battle with Serpenterra was really stupid and unbelievable. They shouldn't have used the evil zord if they couldn't afford a real zord battle.

Jason was way out of character and really annoying. It was a wasted opportunity not to have Rocky around. Not to mention have him interact with Jason as a Red.

Dino Charger
11/25/17, 08:24 PM
i loved the episode and think it was one of the best ever. To see all those Reds together was a sight to behold. I actually loved he interplay between Jason and Wes.

Captain Codfish
11/25/17, 08:41 PM
There are many explanations for the powers issue and reasons why the final fight was done the way it was done. Many of which were talked about in this thread. I am all for analyzing pr good and bad! Bust. sometimes you just have to enjoy major episodes like this. Its amazing they were able to do what they did. Especially since Disney waa about to cancel the series soon after.

Princess Org
11/25/17, 08:47 PM
I really liked the episode too. But it's too bad the Rangers couldn't have battled a Princess Org as well as the Machines.

MattEmily
11/25/17, 09:32 PM
I'm just sad we never got Forever Blue. The Blue Rangers are usually the best in the series.

I wouldn't say "they're usually the best" since they generally aren't the best the only ones that I found awesome were Billy, Cestro, T.J, Kai wasn't awesome but he was fine same with Chad, Tori was awesome as was Ethan, Sky was more good than awesome for most of SPD due to him being a whiner, Madison didn't have much focus but I found her awesome but otherwise that's it until Koda and Preston but Koda and Preston are just good they're not awesome.

I think they should have included an adaption of the big diosuar Sentai teams with Dino Charge or Super Dino Charge.

I agree.

I'll admit my thing when this came out was I wanted to see team ups for other colors like the Blue Rangers trying to stop the remnants of Zedd, and Rita's forces, Green/Black Rangers trying to stop the remnants of Divatox's space pirates, etc.

me too but probably not the same remnants that I would be thinking of.
6th/Extra Rangers would be fighting against the remnants of those closely associated with Dark Specter, Astronema, Ecliptor and Darkonda.

Black and Green Rangers would be fighting against the remnants of Divatox and Havoc.

White and Pink Rangers would be fighting against the remnants of Rita and Zedd.

Blue would fight against the Machines.
Yellow would fight against the remnants of Scorpius and Trakeena.
Red would fight against the remnants of Diabolico, Olympius and Bansheera

Kat Oliver
11/25/17, 11:03 PM
I wish they left the planned scene of Kat showing up as Tommy's wife.

Kira Fan
11/25/17, 11:09 PM
I liked seeing all the Reds team up. Having Tommy in it waa really awesome!

No More Pink
11/26/17, 06:47 AM
I am glad neither Kat nor Kimberly made cameos. Pinks can be so annoying .

Yellow Fan Forever
11/26/17, 06:56 AM
I don't think Kimberly was ever supposed tobe in the episode. Kat never waw in any rough drafts.

White Tiger Fan
11/26/17, 06:57 AM
Yes, it was just something Amit wanted to include that Tzachor vetoed.

Captain Mutiny
11/26/17, 06:57 AM
Kat's Cameo may have been in a script but we no such a theme was never filmed.