PDA

View Full Version : MMPR The Best Ever!

MMPR Forever
12/16/14, 11:37 PM
I am a huge fan of MMPR. The show was never the same. I just feel like all the seasons after it are poor rip offs. Ive tried Ninja Storm but id just seems like a poor imitation of MMPR. Samurai came close but its just fair to me.

MMPR is the best. It was fun and still kept me hooked. Season 2 and 3 had some exciting multiparters. The Rangers were cooler and more larger than Life. Tommy and Jason were awesome. The cast changes brought it some cool Rangers as well. The original cast is my fav though.

Too bad it ended on a Cliffhanger. I know Zeo continued it. But I really left me dissapointed. I didn't like how Rita and Zedd just left with no resolution. The new suits sucked. I didn't like the Machine Empire.l as villains either.

Disney Ranger
12/16/14, 11:40 PM
I agree with a lot of what you said. But I think Disney really did a goos job. Ninja Storn was a perfect retelling of MMPR for a new generation. Did you see DinoThunder? Surprised you wouldn't like that?

Turbo Guy
12/16/14, 11:42 PM
I agree about Zeo being a disapointment. But I think Turbo was a good follow up to MMPR. It was whacky and made the show fun again. I actually like it better than MMPR.

MattEmily
12/17/14, 12:39 AM
I am a huge fan of MMPR. The show was never the same. I just feel like all the seasons after it are poor rip offs. Ive tried Ninja Storm but id just seems like a poor imitation of MMPR. Samurai came close but its just fair to me.

MMPR is the best. It was fun and still kept me hooked. Season 2 and 3 had some exciting multiparters. The Rangers were cooler and more larger than Life. Tommy and Jason were awesome. The cast changes brought it some cool Rangers as well. The original cast is my fav though.

Too bad it ended on a Cliffhanger. I know Zeo continued it. But I really left me dissapointed. I didn't like how Rita and Zedd just left with no resolution. The new suits sucked. I didn't like the Machine Empire.l as villains either.

I completely disagree and the following seasons are not in any way rip offs.
Ninja Storm wasn't even supposed to be close to MMPR so I don't know where you're getting that from but they were supposed to be trying that with both Samurai and Megaforce.

I completely and entirely disagree with MMPR being the BEST. Yes it was fun and it kept me hooked as well and a lot of those Rangers were pretty cool and I do agree that the cast changes have also brought us some cool Rangers as well.

MMPR did technically end on a cliffhanger but it actually continued into Zeo it's actually Zeo itself that ended on a cliffhanger with no resolution to anything that was about to happen. Bulk and Skull were about to leave Detective Stone. Jason gave Gold Ranger powers back to Trey. Mondo, Machina, Sprocket, Klank and Orbus blew up. Zedd and Rita were ready to take over but in the movie both Rita and Zedd are sleeping in a bed together while Divatox is the primary villain.

I personally wasn't a big fan of the Machine Empire for villains either they were cool but some of the monsters just weren't all that interesting to me and I thought using Klank for part of the growing method was just a little too out there at times.

I agree with a lot of what you said. But I think Disney really did a goos job. Ninja Storn was a perfect retelling of MMPR for a new generation. Did you see DinoThunder? Surprised you wouldn't like that?
I agree the Disney crew did a good job but I don't really see Ninja Storm as a retelling of MMPR.
I can however somewhat see Dino Thunder like that and I would be surprise if he/she didn't like it.

VR Master
12/17/14, 12:02 PM
It was good for its time but its time has passed. Still should be honored whenever possible. I personally like Zeo the best.

Sailor Dragonzord
12/17/14, 12:05 PM
MMPR is diffinitly my all time favorite season for a lot of the reasons the op suggested. Its not my only favorite season though. Most of the early seasons were awesome. And even after that there are some tremendous seasons that stand on their own.

PRangerX
12/17/14, 12:07 PM
Yeah Power Rangers has been around for 20 years , I have a hard time believing that MMPR is the only good incarnation. Far from the case actually. I like MMPR. But Space and Time Force are my personal favorites.

MattEmily
12/17/14, 02:59 PM
I personally don't believe MMPR is the only good incarnation. Space and Time Force are good ones like you said but I also like Galaxy, Wild Force, Dino Thunder and RPM. Mystic Force was also good in some cases.

PRangerX
12/17/14, 05:22 PM
I can see what Disney Ranger meant with NS. I don't think it was literally MMPR retold. But I do see it as attempt to incorporate a lot of the elements of MMPR and make it work for 2003.
I do see.NS as a kind of MMPR the Next.Generation.

MattEmily
12/17/14, 05:28 PM
You do have a point there since we have an evil alien (Lothor) who returns to take over the world for revenge.
You have someone that is somehow trapped - in Zordon's case it was a time warp and in Sensei's case it was in a guinea pig form.
You have a technical advisor, one was a robot, one was a human.
You have teenagers that become Rangers.
You have evil Rangers.

Kelly Power
12/17/14, 05:37 PM
No way would I want everything after MMPR not to count. Why would we want 17 years of history to be erased? I know people are down on PR in recent years. But I don't think it goes.back that far.

Captain Codfish
12/25/14, 10:22 AM
Everything after MMPR not counting would be a waste. Why throw out seasons of content just because you don't like what came after? Saban Brands would be damaging their own brand. I like MMPR, even though I mainly like the serious seasons. But I would never suggest it being the only series to count. If you were gonna do that it should at least be through In Space.

Starlight Starbrite
12/28/14, 12:23 PM
I liked MMPR. But I wouldn't say it was the best ever. Galaxy, Space, Time Force, Ninja Storm, DinoThunder, and Lightspeed were strong seasons. Lost Galaxy is my personal favorite.

Lord Leo
12/28/14, 02:39 PM
I liked Zeo the best from the early seasons. It was fresh and exciting. Also Tommy wasn't treated like a god anymore and was more of a regular character. The Zeo powers were exciting. We got to have Jason as Gold. Who was the best Sixth Ranger. MMPR was good but I.don't think it was the best.

Astronema
12/28/14, 09:39 PM
I would like to think of MMPR through Space as one big storyline. My favorite season is Space . Partly because it blows everything off. If you are going to pretend everything after MMPR doesn't count wouldn't it make more sense to include Zeo, Turbo, and Space. That way your story is complete.