PDA

View Full Version : Did Rita create the Mystic Realm?

Rita's Pita
12/26/16, 02:11 PM
Since she became Mystic Mother did she create the whole Realm?

Sailor Moon Ranger
12/26/16, 02:17 PM
Thats a great idea!

Superstatler
12/26/16, 09:22 PM
I think she was just originally from there before she turned bad.

Dayu's Tears
12/26/16, 09:32 PM
I just don't see Rita having this kind of power. Its odd that she wound up as Mystic Mother. I really think they weren't too worried about it making sense. Its a shame since PR has a tight continuity.

Cassidy Casablancas
12/26/16, 09:36 PM
I just thought it was cool having her back. I am sure there is a good reason we didn't see on screen for why she is Mystic Mother. Anything is possible with magic.

Mesagog Lives
12/27/16, 10:20 AM
She didn't seem powerful enough to do this. It made no sense based on what happened to the character in Space. The MMPR nostalgia didn't work on me since I didn't watch all of MMPR. And watched it long after the fact.

Jungle Fury Master
12/27/16, 10:45 AM
Rita created the Mystic Realm after Countdown. The time went by faster, seconds in the pru were thousands of years in the realm. Time somehow synched up in real time with the PRU once Nick was brought to the real world. Most likely by Mystic Mother herself. So Uddonna could see Bowen again someday.

White Tiger Fan
12/27/16, 11:17 AM
Thats the only way Rita as Mystic Mother makes sense..Its a shame and shows you need someone like Amit to handle nostalgia references.

Trakeena's Revenge
12/27/16, 02:03 PM
How do we know she didn't have the power? She sure seemed powerful as Mystic Mother.

Red Lightstar Ranger
12/27/16, 02:33 PM
Rita was probably abducted from the Mystic Realm. She was the daughter of the previous Mystic Mother. Vile was a demon from the Underworld that toom her for the Master. But doublecrossed him by going to the PRU and joining the UAE. Raising Rita as his own daughter. Once she was purified and learned a true heritage Rita took over for the previous Mystic Mother . Who was destroyed when the underworld last was opened. Uddonna likely is the one that helped Rita learn about her true origins. As she mentioned they were friends.

Bonic Ranger
12/27/16, 06:07 PM
No way! Rita as Mystic Mother was just a dumb idea that made no sense. I think the posters here have put more thought into it than the writers. There is no reason for why Rita would be Mystic Mother. It was probably a Bruce idea.

Astronema
12/28/16, 12:42 AM
They should have made her Rita's mother.

PRangerX
12/28/16, 12:46 AM
Rita being the daughter of Mystic Mother, creator of the realm, and the time discrepancy idea are all plausible theories.

Chloe Sullivan
12/28/16, 12:06 PM
I think Zordon created it and Rita inherited it.

Sailor Moon Ranger
12/28/16, 12:22 PM
Rita must have been recruited to be Mystic Mother after she turned good. Its probably a title not the same person for the whole history of the realm.

Chaos Ranger
12/28/16, 07:15 PM
We can make all the excuses for the writers we want. But it doesn't change the fact that they did a shitty job.

Calamity Kimberly
12/28/16, 07:54 PM
Rita could have easily created the Mswtic Realm. It would be interesting to know for sure.

I Love Lothor
12/29/16, 12:45 PM
Maybe she did it on accident during one of her headaches lol.

Hexagon Ranger
12/29/16, 12:47 PM
Rita did experiments with Hexagon to create the Mystic Realm. Which saw thousands of years go by while a few years went by in PRU time.

Green Spandex Supreme
12/31/16, 09:45 PM
She came to the Mystic Realm to connect the Morphing Grid to the Mystic Wands. And ended up becoming Mystic Mother to restore the damage left over from the Underworld War.

Destiny Defeated
01/01/17, 11:36 PM
Mystic Mother was a parallel version of Rita. Mystic Realm was an AU like RPM.

Itzy Bitzy Carter
01/02/17, 12:00 AM
That would make a lot of sense and solve the issue with continuity contradictions that happened in "Countdown To Destruction" .

Omega Black
01/02/17, 12:09 PM
The Mystic Realm feels like some bizarre pocket demension. Its unclear how Rita gained power there.

WesJen
01/02/17, 04:08 PM
Its pretty clear Mystic Mother is meant to be the real Rita.So the parallel universe theory doesn't really hold water.

Ransik Lives
01/02/17, 04:39 PM
I don't like how they just made Rita Mystic Mother and assumed the rans would understand. Its like they didn't care about ignoring "Countdown To Destruction". Which was ironic since Mystic Fate heavily tries to recreate it.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed
01/02/17, 08:56 PM
Even though she was purified, Rita still desired power. Creating the Mystic Realm gave her this power. As she had her own world and reality. Of course things got out of control when evil corrupted it. The Master was created from the evil essence of Zedd and followed Rita to the realm. With the intent on getting revenge for "corrupting his shell" with the love potion. As well as to gain absolute power in the Mystic Realm. Which led to the creation of the Underworld and infection of the Mystic Ream's good power with evil. If The Master succeeded he would have been able to easily conquer Earth and soon the galaxy.

Smarty Pants Rose
01/02/17, 09:19 PM
I don't see how she could create a whole world. Its more likely she took over for the precious Mystic Mother. No doubt with help from Udonna. Which someone already suggested.

Wesley Smallings
01/02/17, 09:59 PM
Its way too much power for Rita to have. Especially since "Countdown" shows her as a normal human at the end. Mystic Force acts like that never happen. Which is ridiculous since Rita would still be evil if it didn't .

Morphing Master
01/09/17, 04:28 PM
Its more likely a realm created by the ancient Morphing Masters to escape Zedd and Rita's conquest. Rita later came to defend it to make up for her evil deeds.

Powermaster
01/09/17, 04:57 PM
I think the Mystic Mother was Rita's good half. Her evil half was the Rita we saw that was purified herself in Space.

Hexagon Ranger
01/09/17, 05:42 PM
Hexagon helped purfied Rita to regain her powers so she could create the Mystic Realm. As one of their experiments.

Ninja Kat
01/09/17, 09:31 PM
I think she just inherited the title of Mystic Mother. Perhaps the people of the realm just assumed the many Mystic Mother's were the same person.

Forever Pink
01/09/17, 09:55 PM
Creating the realm is a stretch to me. Perhaps Time Travel was involved?

Crazy Ranger
01/09/17, 10:03 PM
Rita helped Udonna restore the good magic that was lost in the war. But it accidently helped to make the seal to the Underworld vulnerable to Earth Quake. Vile was from the Underworld and Rita's half father. With the previous Mystic Mother her mother. After the first Mystic Mother died, Vile took Baby Rita and fled to ancient Earth. Where he moved into the Distant Galaxy and joined the UAE. When Rita grew up she wanted Earth because deep down she knew she was connected to it.

Darth Malik
01/09/17, 11:15 PM
As much as we try to cover for the plot hole of Rita being Mystic Mother....It just makes it clear how nonsensical it was. I get they wanted to have a tribute to Soga and had a ready made way of having a call back to Rita....But they could have put more thought into making it make sense.

Kameron Poe
01/10/17, 01:20 PM
I like the reference to Rita and tribute to Soga. But it makes no sense that Rita would be Mystic Mother for thousands of years while she was supposed to be trapped in the dumpster and later active for the UAE. They needed to put more.thought into this to make it make sense.

Doctor Dana
01/10/17, 01:25 PM
Rita is definitely Mystic Mother. So something must have happened after Space and off screen.

Mitchell's Navy
01/10/17, 06:10 PM
Well a lot of things could have happened off screen. I would prefer it was more easily explained. But I am sure there is a good reason to be made in continuity.

Time Force Rules
01/11/17, 07:06 PM
This is why I hate the magical seasons. Its so unbelievable.

Call Titanus
01/12/17, 12:19 PM
I was super glad to have Rita back. I don't care if it makes sense. I never understood why some people couldn't just enjoy it?

I Love Lothor
01/12/17, 12:34 PM
This was my favorite part of Mystic Force. I just wish we had Mystic Mother all season.

A Gia To Remember
01/13/17, 11:58 AM
If Rita had that kind or power I am surprised she didn't use it against the Rangers.

Troopers Supreme
01/14/17, 12:34 PM
I think that kind of power would have been insane. If she was that powerful she would be stronger than Zordon and Specter put together.

Quasar Saber
01/14/17, 12:36 PM
What dk you think happened to the Dark Demensions? Which Rita created anyway. After she turned good she transformed it into the Mystic Realm and combined it with Zedd's demension.

Lothor's Revenge
01/15/17, 04:42 PM
The Dark Dimension transforming into the Mystic Realm makes a lot of sense. Some of the evil was probably accidentally retained. Which led to the rise of the Master and creation of the Underworld.

Captain Mutiny
01/15/17, 07:54 PM
Could the master be a powered up Goldar?

Super Rad
01/16/17, 06:45 PM
You guys are givening the poor writing way too much credit.

Time Force Rules
01/17/17, 08:05 PM
The Mystic Realm is totally unbelievable anyway. As is Rita creating or rulling it.

Overdrive Omega
01/17/17, 11:33 PM
The Mystic Realm did not make much sense. I don't know what Rita was doing as Mystic Mother. Maybe its another AU. Since we seem to have been getting those lately?

SPD Emergency
01/23/17, 10:55 PM
Why would she create the Mystic Realm if she wasn't evil anymore? Creating a whole realm to rule would be something the old Rita might do. And I am not even sure she would be powerful enough pre or post the wave.

Superhero Galaxy
01/24/17, 04:35 PM
It would make sense for her to purify the Dark Dimension. Things probably evolved slowly after that.

Inner Senshi
01/24/17, 07:35 PM
I just thought of something that could actually explain the Mystic Realm...Rita could have created it for magical people to have a sanctuary.

Digimon Ranger
01/24/17, 07:37 PM
Its funny , the Mystic Realm is amost like the Digital World in Digimon.

Massive Ego
01/24/17, 08:26 PM
And they say I must have a Massive Ego! Well I said it too so....But Rita creating her own world is pretty egomaniac like behavior. Not that I don't believe it. Since Mystic Force is total garabage anyway. As is the continuity destroying fact Rita is Mystic Mother. Ah the good old days. When PR was only terrible and not Boring plus Terrible.

Lightspeed Rescue
01/25/17, 09:30 PM
I never really cared for Rita Repulsa at all. Bansheera was so much better. No disrespect to Soga. Who didn't even know Bandora would be adapted into Rita.

Bandai Guy
01/25/17, 09:55 PM
Creating the whole raealm sounds like too big a task. Its more likely she earned the role after In Space.

Hailey Ziktor
01/25/17, 10:27 PM
Perhaps Rita turned the Mystic Realm into the Dark dimension thousands of years ago..After she turned good she turned it back. But all the people of the Realm didn't remember the Dark Dimension once it was restored. It was as if it never left.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad
01/25/17, 10:32 PM
Its more likely the reformed Mystic Realm would have gone through thousands of years of time for every year on Earth. Since we know Nick was sent to Earrh 19 years prior. Which overlaps with MMPR. Perhaps Phineas jumping through the portal with Nick caused some sort of magic temporal anomaly that brought them back 19 years in the past. And at some point it lined up with Earth's time perfectly.

Ginger Snap
01/25/17, 10:33 PM
Sounds very complicated. But so is trying to explain Rita in Mystic Force.

Destiny Defeated
01/27/17, 11:50 PM
It really felt like they shoehorned her in. I know they wanted to have a tribute to Soga. But they could have done a better job explaining why Rita was Mystic Mother.

Roman Ranger
01/28/17, 12:36 PM
I don't think Rita was always Mystc Mother. She became Mystic Mother after In Space. She just looked older because Finister's youth treatment from "The Wedding" wore off.

Itzy Bitzy Carter
01/28/17, 12:47 PM
I don't think she had that kind of power.

Turbo Guy
01/28/17, 12:54 PM
I liked seeing Rita again. She was one of the best villains. I wish Divatox would get a cameo like this. Since she was the best and from the best season no less.

Kelly Power
01/28/17, 07:07 PM
I've said it before, Rita should have been the mentor in Mystic Force. It would have made so much more sense. A season about magic would have been perfect for this.

Mystic Magic
01/29/17, 01:30 PM
I really like that idea. Not sure how you use the Soga footage all year though. You almost have to hire back Carla Perez or a new actor to play Rita full time.

Space Hero
01/29/17, 01:47 PM
I just can't comprehend how Rita is supposed to be Mystic Mother when she became a regular human in "Countdown".

No Green Spandex
01/29/17, 01:48 PM
Its all part of "Zordon's Master Plan" apparently.

MMPR Forever
01/29/17, 02:04 PM
I would have liked the series a lot better if Rita was the mentor in some form. Maybe it would have made more sense too. For the people unhappy for the cameo. I liked the cameo because it was Rita and I wasn't going to complain. I don't care about what happened in Space anyway.

Rangerlord
01/30/17, 10:32 PM
Rita became Mystic Mother after Space. Since she was now good she no longer cared about superficial things like looking young. So she stopped using Finister's youth treatment.

Bratty Katty
01/30/17, 10:35 PM
It still makes no sense for her to become so powerful that she is the leader of good magic in a Mystic Realm.

Shadowhawk
01/30/17, 10:54 PM
I think Vile was the rightful ruler of the Mystic Realm. He was just deposed for being evil. Rita took up the throne after she became good.

Crazy Kelsey
02/01/17, 12:35 PM
No way Rita had that kind of power good or bad.

Massive Ego
02/02/17, 12:23 PM
Rita couldn't even beat a bunch of teenagers and you think she had the power to make her own mystical realm?

PRangerX
02/02/17, 12:26 PM
This thread got me thinking. What if Vile was originally from the mystic realm? He looks like a member of the Undead. Vile and Impurius look a lot a like actually. He could have been a good sorcerer that fell in love with the previous Mystic Mother. And after she died he turned to Black Magic and went Undead. He escaped to Earth and took Rita with him.

Decepticon
02/02/17, 10:36 PM
That actually isn't a bad idea. It would make a lot of sense.

Adam White Tiger
02/11/17, 09:46 PM
Rita had to be adopted she doesn't look like Vile or Rito at all.

Superstatler
02/11/17, 09:50 PM
She did create the wizard of deception. Who could create whole worlds. Rita would probably have more power than him.

MattEmily
02/11/17, 10:33 PM
No way! Rita as Mystic Mother was just a dumb idea that made no sense. I think the posters here have put more thought into it than the writers. There is no reason for why Rita would be Mystic Mother. It was probably a Bruce idea.

it wasn't a dumb idea at all and Bruce had nothing to do with it. He wouldn't have had any knowledge of Soga's importance to the series.

Mystic Mother was a parallel version of Rita. Mystic Realm was an AU like RPM.
that's utterly ridiculous. It may be a different dimension but it's not an alternate universe like RPM was.

Its way too much power for Rita to have. Especially since "Countdown" shows her as a normal human at the end. Mystic Force acts like that never happen. Which is ridiculous since Rita would still be evil if it didn't .
I do agree that it's too much power for her to have in regards to creating a realm but just because she was purified doesn't mean she was a normal human being. All we saw of her after being struck by the Z-Wave was being asked by Zedd if she wanted a dance. She may look human but that doesn't tell us whether she still has powers or not.
They weren't acting like CtD had never happened that's just a bad assumption that you're trying to spin.

I like the reference to Rita and tribute to Soga. But it makes no sense that Rita would be Mystic Mother for thousands of years while she was supposed to be trapped in the dumpster and later active for the UAE. They needed to put more.thought into this to make it make sense.

it makes no sense? of course it makes sense.

Well a lot of things could have happened off screen. I would prefer it was more easily explained. But I am sure there is a good reason to be made in continuity.

yea it would've been nice if there was an explanation for it but they didn't have the time for it.

I was super glad to have Rita back. I don't care if it makes sense. I never understood why some people couldn't just enjoy it?

exactly. Some people have to whine and complain about anything and everything.

If Rita had that kind or power I am surprised she didn't use it against the Rangers.

If she did she probably didn't have it when she was evil. Ranger magic was probably higher in power.

I don't think Rita was always Mystc Mother. She became Mystic Mother after In Space. She just looked older because Finister's youth treatment from "The Wedding" wore off.

that's a good theory and you're exactly right with the moon mud.

I just can't comprehend how Rita is supposed to be Mystic Mother when she became a regular human in "Countdown".

Just because she was turned human doesn't mean she's a normal human. Did you see her do anything but react to Zedd's purified form? No you didn't so you can't say just based on that scene that she's a normal human there's no possible way any of us can tell whether she still has magic or not.

No Green Spandex
02/12/17, 10:10 AM
If they wanted to honor Soga's Rita it made a lot of sense to do it this way. Since the continuity implications gave us all a headache!

White Tiger Fan
02/12/17, 01:55 PM
I think Amit should have been consulted. He would have figured out a way to make the whole thing make sense. Since he did such a good job with "Forever Red".

Bratty Katty
02/12/17, 01:56 PM
I don't see a way it would have made sense.

MattEmily
02/12/17, 04:28 PM
I think Amit should have been consulted. He would have figured out a way to make the whole thing make sense. Since he did such a good job with "Forever Red".

he wasn't on the payroll so why would a paid employee consult someone who isn't with the company? that would open you up to lawsuits. There's a reason why Saban doesn't accept fan ideas.

I don't see a way it would have made sense.

that's because you're not using your brain.

Rita could have been the Mystic Mother before she was kidnapped and turned evil
Someone else could have been the Mystic Mother who had passed on and Rita had taken over.

Bratty Katty
02/12/17, 07:31 PM
Rita was Vile's daughter and Rito's sister. So she had nothing to do with the Mystic Realm. And may never have been good before. I find it highly unlikely she took over for a previous Mystic Mother. There was no indication that she wasn't the original. And it seemed like she was there for a thousand years at least.

White Tiger Fan
02/12/17, 07:34 PM
I met if Amit was on the payroll. But Disney should have never laid him off. They should have at least forced Sloan and Austen to hire him bacm as Story Editor. Since they didn't stick around king, Anit could have been groomed to take over as Exec when they left. Imagine the greatness that would have been Amit's SPD?

Massive Ego
02/12/17, 07:38 PM
Perhaps Power Rangers wouldn't have tottally sucked. But that didn't happen when Lynn came back like I thought it would...So who knows. Disney and Saban Brands just can't escape the suck..

Disney Ranger
02/12/17, 07:43 PM
I think Disney always made the right moves in regards to who was in charge. They are an extremely smart company after all. I think there was a clear plan when they used Rita again. Its not a surprise that they brought her back. She was like a Disney Princess. And MMPR was so awesome.

Inner Senshi
02/12/17, 07:44 PM
I keep saying we should learn to just ignore things like this. Who cares if it makes sense. Saban and Disney have both done great jobs!

Massive Ego
02/12/17, 07:45 PM
Sorry I can't get behind the everything is awesome mentality.

MattEmily
02/12/17, 11:03 PM
Rita was Vile's daughter and Rito's sister. So she had nothing to do with the Mystic Realm. And may never have been good before. I find it highly unlikely she took over for a previous Mystic Mother. There was no indication that she wasn't the original. And it seemed like she was there for a thousand years at least.

but you forget we don't know if Vile was truly Rita's Dad or not he could have just been the adoptive Dad much like Ecliptor was a Dad to Astronema just not in a literal way in Astronema's case.

We don't know how long she was there for so we can't say how long she was there for we can only make guesses. Just because it seems like she was there for thousands of years doesn't mean she was and you can't say something is unlikely. Is it possible she was good once? Yes you can't say one way or the other. Is it possible she was always evil? Yes. Is it possible she took over for a previous Mystic Mother? Yes none of that is unlikely.

Carnisoar
02/13/17, 06:46 PM
There is a lot of things that could have happened between Space and Mystic Force. And they never said Rita was the creator of the Mystic Realm. Snow Prince was probably running things until a new Mystic Mother was found. The only real discrepancy is Soga versus Carla Perez.

Bratty Katty
02/13/17, 06:48 PM
I'm sorry but that "one discrepancy" is a pretty big one.

Goldar's Revenge
02/13/17, 08:48 PM
Kalish was a hardworker and all around good guy. He just didn't get how Power Rangers worked or had enough of a working knowledge of its history. To his credit he did try to watch key episodes before Mystic Force. But it really didn't help him. Not having Greg around, who had a better understanding of PR despite being a noob to it himself. Kalish simply did what Disney wanted and felt making the Sentai Footage work was the best way to go.

The MF finalie was an attempt to throw a bone to the fandom by recreating "Countdown to Destruction". Referencing Rita was icing on the cake. But Kalish just didn't understand that C2D was a one time thing that worked because of its time. The Rita stuff just showed a complete lack of understanding for the show. I hate to say it. But because Jackie was involved, it shows she wasn't perfect as well.

Captain Codfish
02/13/17, 09:08 PM
I give him points for trying. But "Mystic Fate" didn't feel at the level of "Countdown" at all.

Usagi Reborn
02/13/17, 09:09 PM
It didn't help that Mystic Force really deemed to hit its peak in the middle. " Heir Apparent" almost works as the true finale. Problem was they still had at least a dozen episodes to go and had to stretch out the resolution to Leanbow's plot.

Roman Ranger
02/13/17, 09:32 PM
The final arch did drag a bit. The Terrors weren't very good antagonist. And the Master was a bit of a let down himself. He was already defeated once anyway.

MattEmily
02/14/17, 01:07 AM
The only real discrepancy is Soga versus Carla Perez.

I'm sorry but that "one discrepancy" is a pretty big one.

no it's not.

Soga-Rita had applied Finster's moon mud to her face which made her look younger. No moon mud and she wouldn't be looking young it's that simple.

Bratty Katty
02/14/17, 06:00 PM
But who said Rita had to use the treatment all the time?

MattEmily
02/16/17, 06:43 AM
But who said Rita had to use the treatment all the time?

no one but that's how beauty treatments work.

Knights of Ren
02/16/17, 12:03 PM
I like the idea that it was a reworking of the Dark Dimension.

Rangerlord
02/16/17, 12:09 PM
That doesn't fit the timeline though. The Mystic Realm has been around for thousands of years. At the very least.

Carnisoar
02/16/17, 12:11 PM
The Mystic Realm is like a pocket dimension of Earth. Its likely that it was created by powerful wizards and magically separated from the rest of the Earth. Perhaps Zordon gave her the role of Mystic Mother or intended for her to have it when she was purified.

Lord Drakkon
02/16/17, 11:04 PM
Rita created dimensions or had some in her pocket. This was shown as early as season 1. So I am not surprised at all she gained power in the Mystic Realm.