PDA

View Full Version : Space Patrol Delta

SPD 4ever
02/18/17, 11:50 AM
I am a huge SPD fan. It was just such an awesome season. It had action, adventure, drama, comedy, and great characters. Its shame Power Rangers has never produced anything like SPD since. I bet you guys are mad we didn't get more SPD. I know I am.

Ninja Storm Fan
02/18/17, 11:52 AM
I disagree, Ninja Storm was by far the best series Power Rangers ever produced.

Lord Drakkon
02/18/17, 12:02 PM
SPD was by far not the only good season. There have been many just as good if not better.

MattEmily
02/18/17, 03:20 PM
S.P.D wasn't the best season but it was a good season minus Gruumm and Mora/Morgana since I didn't like Gruumm or Mora/Morgana. Omni? I really didn't care for either since we knew nothing about him other than Gruumm was afraid of him, he was capable of mind control and that he somehow became Gruumm's Terror Space Craft.

SPD 4ever
02/18/17, 09:59 PM
Really? Gruumm was an amazing villain! Mora was very complex. I really liked how Broodwing was a true mercenary. The villains were just so complex and very threatening. There really the only good villains PR has ever had.

Goldar's Revenge
02/18/17, 10:22 PM
SPD had great acting , ambitious locations, and fun characters. But it also had a lot of story problems. Mainly where characters refused to learn lessons and were constantly rebooted. SPD wasn't horrible and comes off better then it did at the time. But its not the gold standard of PR or even one of the best seasons.

No Space Spandex
02/18/17, 10:35 PM
It was a weird attempt at being a space season but not being a space season. If that makes sense. In any case it failed like the others space season's.

MattEmily
02/19/17, 10:18 AM
Really? Gruumm was an amazing villain! Mora was very complex. I really liked how Broodwing was a true mercenary. The villains were just so complex and very threatening. There really the only good villains PR has ever had.

that's laughable. Gruumm wasn't even close to being great, remarkable or even amazing. He's basically right there on the bottom of my list of the most hated villains much like Lothor and Mora/Morgana are but you're definitely right about Broodwing about being a true mercenary and that he was definitely a good villain.

SPD had great acting , ambitious locations, and fun characters. But it also had a lot of story problems. Mainly where characters refused to learn lessons and were constantly rebooted. SPD wasn't horrible and comes off better then it did at the time. But its not the gold standard of PR or even one of the best seasons.

I don't know about the acting but the locations were pretty good and the characters were good too but one of its main problems was their characters (the B-Squad) constantly being rebooted just to fit whatever story the writer wanted to tell.

It was a weird attempt at being a space season but not being a space season. If that makes sense. In any case it failed like the others space season's.

I disagree that it failed like Space and Galaxy but it definitely failed at being a space season if it was trying to be one but I don't think it ever was.

A Gia To Remember
02/19/17, 11:07 AM
I never thought of SPD like a Space Season. It was a futuristic cop season.

Inner Senshi
02/19/17, 07:39 PM
I didn't like how smug Sky acted. But the season was still good.

Massive Ego
02/19/17, 07:42 PM
The acting was definitely overrated. It wasn't horrible, especially since the characters were so horrible. But it wasn't as great as a lot of people make it out to be.

Super Rad
02/19/17, 07:44 PM
SPD wasn't just bad, it was frustrating. Everything was there in the premise to make in a great Power Rangers season. But the bad writing and poor characters ruined it. It was so bad it came off as a parody of a good PR season.

Samurai Gigazord
02/20/17, 12:46 PM
SPD is very good but not that good.

Tommy Angel
02/20/17, 12:48 PM
I didn't like how smug Sky acted. But the season was still good.

I really didn't like him either but I didn't like anyone save Bridge. They were all too smug and arrogant. Jack was too lazy and selfish to be leader.

Yellow Fan Forever
02/20/17, 12:51 PM
Z was pretty nice. She was the one that wanted to serve a greater cause. Plus she helped Sam.

Massive Ego
02/20/17, 12:54 PM
Z was conceited. too. She was too good to help people with no glory involved. Even Jack was cool with giving away clothes to the poor with no glory. Z only helped Sam because of her own problems as a child. She was very self centered.

Adam White Tiger
02/20/17, 12:55 PM
Bridge kinda reminded me of a whacky version of Adam.

No Green Spandex
02/20/17, 12:57 PM
Too bad he wore Green Spandex during that season.

Space Hero
02/21/17, 01:47 PM
Its just such a waste that they didn't take advantage of SPD's concept to make it a true Space Season.

Yellow Fan Forever
02/26/17, 12:52 PM
Z was conceited. too. She was too good to help people with no glory involved. Even Jack was cool with giving away clothes to the poor with no glory. Z only helped Sam because of her own problems as a child. She was very self centered.

But she risked everything to help Sam. It wasn't just for her. She genuinely cared about him. She also wanted to make a difference. She didn't mind givening clothes away. I think the stealing part made her uneasy.

Goldar's Revenge
02/26/17, 12:58 PM
The characters weren't outright jerks like OO. Sky even learns to be a better teammate. But they just kept resetting their personalities to suit the plot. But outside of Jack and Sky's arrogance, I would say the Rangers themselves were fairly likeble. And to go a step further, very likeable in some cases. They are light years better the Overdrive Rangers.

Overdrive Omega
02/26/17, 12:59 PM
I think the Overdrive Rangers get a bad rap because people don't like OO or Benta. The acting and characterizations were fine.

Uncle Steve
02/27/17, 08:49 AM
OO was fine, it just wasn't spectacular.

Ranger Hero
02/27/17, 09:44 PM
SPD had potential ( it even had its moments) but ultimately was not dark enough. The ending just wasn't satisfying.

Wesley Smallings
02/28/17, 04:45 PM
SPD was pretty solid for me. Jack and Sky annoyed me sometimes. But overall it was a good season. They also get point for originality and being inventive. They did do a lot of ambitious things besides just copying Dekaranger.

Dino Guts
03/02/17, 10:59 PM
I don't think they fully took advantage of the future concept. And the characters never really seemed to learn anything. And when they did the idea was repeated later.

A Gia To Remember
03/07/17, 05:14 PM
It definitely was a fun season. The characters were very likeable.

Ivan The Terrible
03/08/17, 07:12 AM
I think they were pretty selfish and very unlikable. They all had their own agendas that they put ahead of their Ranger duties. They really could act like spoiled children at times. Which is amazing, since Z and Jack came from poverty. It didn't help that there mentor had PSD and really wasn't fit to lead Earth's SPD Branch. The guy needed serious help.

Trakeena's Revenge
03/10/17, 11:25 AM
Gruumm was missing something. The villains just were all over he place. Thats what I didn't like about the season.

Massive Ego
03/11/17, 11:53 AM
SPD was just so horrible. I don't know why the fandom has become so forgiven of it since it aired. I remember the venom most fans had for it. Too bad the show has remained horrible.

Kameron Poe
03/11/17, 11:54 AM
There has been good season and bad seasons. Maybe some horrible episodes at times, but I don't think PR has been as bad as you are saying.

Super Rad
03/11/17, 11:55 AM
I think the problem is that the show has been so bad that some people's standards are lower. Can't blame them for trying to enjoy their favorite show.