PDA

View Full Version : Would Power Rangers have been the same if it started with Jetman?

Jet Ranger
03/14/17, 11:25 AM
Do you think it would have been as popular?

Decepticon
03/14/17, 11:29 AM
I don't think so. The dinosaur concept of Zyuranger really helped make MMPR appealing to the children.

MattEmily
03/14/17, 11:48 AM
definitely not I think the whole thing with Zyuranger having dinosaurs and the Jurassic Park movie coming out prior to the show's release was just basically kind of the perfect storm for the show to succeed without even needing to do much of anything else at first.

Inner Senshi
03/14/17, 12:56 PM
I don't think it would be any different. Every season is good in its own way. They would have used the Zyuranger footage the very next year.

A Gia To Remember
03/14/17, 12:57 PM
I can't picture Power Rangers without the MMPR we had.

Space Crazy
03/14/17, 01:17 PM
It would have worked if they turned Jetman into an space season. PR would have been even more popular. Especially long term since every season would have been a space season going forward from season 1.

Bandora's Ghost
03/14/17, 01:28 PM
Its more likely that MMPR or whatever they would have called it would have been a borderline successful series. But with the long term potential Saban and Loesh saw in it, I think we would have had a reboot starting with Zyuranger. Which would have been successful. Just looking at Zyuranger, it would have been easy for them to see it as a better series to adapt. Its probably why they picked it over Jetman in real life.

Todd Oliver
03/14/17, 09:54 PM
There would have been no Tommy. Which was a key part of MMPR's success. I don't think it would have worked.

Knights of Ren
03/15/17, 12:01 PM
I think they started with Zyuranger on purpose. It was really the perfect Sentai to start with.

PRangerX
03/15/17, 06:17 PM
Joe Rovang wrote a fan fic some years back trying to realistically adapt Jetman into a PR season. He did this in script form trying to properly use the source footage. It was an interesting idea.

Power Rangers Forever
03/15/17, 09:18 PM
Jetman and now of the early Sentai would have worked as well as Zyuranger or post Sentai.

MattEmily
03/16/17, 09:30 AM
Jetman and now of the early Sentai would have worked as well as Zyuranger or post Sentai.

Jetman and other pre-Zyu teams might have worked but I don't think any of them would have worked as well as Zyuranger did since they had dinosaurs which is partially why the show was so successful since it came out a couple months after Jurassic Park had came out and on top of which Tommy became a popular character and he started out as an evil Ranger and none of the pre-Zyu teams had 6th members so there would have been no Tommy either.

Samurai Forever
03/16/17, 11:57 AM
Didn't Saban Entertainment suggest Zyuranger use a Sixth Ranger?

Hailey Ziktor
03/16/17, 11:58 AM
I think its hard for any of us to imagine Power Rangers starting with anything but Zyuranger footage.

Continuity Ranger
03/16/17, 10:01 PM
I think a Jetman style team does exist in the PRU.

True Blue
03/16/17, 10:21 PM
Wasn't Bioman actually what they used for the first pilot? The one before the first MMPR pilot.

Goldar's Revenge
03/17/17, 11:18 PM
Zyuranger was the perfect Sentai to adapt first and came at the perfect time.

No Green Spandex
03/18/17, 12:21 PM
If it means there would have been no Tommy than sign me up for the next available Delorean.

Todd Oliver
03/18/17, 12:23 PM
But the. you wouldn't have the Green Ranger Arch that you said was actually good?

No Green Spandex
03/18/17, 12:25 PM
Its worth getting rid of if you eliminate the ridiculous White Ranger years everything after. You have to eliminate the Green Spandex from the time continuum to get rid of the White.

Jet Ranger
03/18/17, 12:26 PM
I wonder if Saban would have got Toei to do a Sixth for Jetman?

No Green Spandex
03/18/17, 12:27 PM
As long as his name wasn't Tommy I am cool with that.

Zordon's Legacy
03/19/17, 12:23 PM
I can't say it would have been as successful. But it sure would have been interesting to see what the adaption would be like.

Superstatler
03/19/17, 12:30 PM
I feel like it would have been a good Lightspeed Rescue prequel in hindsight.

Diabolico Rising
03/20/17, 04:48 PM
Jetman as an LR prequel is a good idea. Obviously that's wouldn't have been an option before season 1.