PDA

View Full Version : Rita as Mystic Mentor?

Kimmy Repulsa
01/13/18, 12:17 PM
What if Rita wasn't just Mystic Mother in the end and instead was there all season as the mentor?

KimandTommy
01/13/18, 12:25 PM
I never trusted Rita. Mystic Mother wasn't the same Rita. She couldn't be. Rita could never become truly good.

MMPR Forever
01/13/18, 12:26 PM
I would have loved it. The only good part of Mystic Force was the Rita cameo. Even if it could have been done better. Having her around all season would have been awesome.

MattEmily
01/13/18, 05:31 PM
I never trusted Rita. Mystic Mother wasn't the same Rita. She couldn't be. Rita could never become truly good.

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong you couldn't be more wrong. Any villain can become good if the story calls for it even Goldar and Scorpina you don't get to decide whether Rita can become good or not however in response to the topic at hand I don't see it happening since it would've required too much original footage.

VR Master
01/13/18, 05:31 PM
But you were limited by the Soga footage? Which was hars to integrate into the finale.

MattEmily
01/13/18, 05:44 PM
yup that they were limited by the Soga footage. They weren't going to hire an American who looks like her and they weren't going to bring her over for original footage.

Massive Ego
01/13/18, 05:53 PM
It may have made things more interesting. They would have needed an actual actor to play Rita though.

A Gia To Remember
01/13/18, 05:57 PM
I think Udonna was a good mentor. Maybe she could have been Rita's daughter?

Gold Ranger In Danger
01/13/18, 06:04 PM
Mystic Mother was just supposed to be a nice tribute to Soga. Who just passed away and happened to appear in Magiranger the year before.

All About Beevil
01/13/18, 06:07 PM
I like this idea. The Soga footage coule have been Rita's Mother. Like mother like daughter.

MattEmily
01/13/18, 06:09 PM
I like this idea. The Soga footage coule have been Rita's Mother. Like mother like daughter.

that's not even the idea. The Soga footage is supposed to be Rita as Mystic Mother herself they weren't going to do anything different other than not use it but once Soga died they wanted to use it due to Soga's death.

All About Beevil
01/13/18, 06:13 PM
I know, I meant I likes the op's idea. I think the Soga footage could still be used as a tribute.

MattEmily
01/13/18, 06:15 PM
I know, I meant I likes the op's idea. I think the Soga footage could still be used as a tribute.

they weren't going to do the tribute unless it was done the way it was.

Chef Mia
01/15/18, 10:55 AM
I would have liked it if Rita was the full time mentor.

Movie Ranger
01/15/18, 03:15 PM
It would be a nice call back to MMPR and bring the character full circle.

Cam's Surprise
01/15/18, 03:38 PM
This definitely was the way to go. You could also use it to explain Rita's true origins. And what she had been up to since Space.

Maligore
01/15/18, 04:09 PM
Disney was too cheap shoot original scenes with Rita to make this work.

Dino Charger
01/15/18, 08:13 PM
I think Rita and the Soga Tribute was fine the way it was done. I would rather keep Udonna as mentor.

Sledge's Bounty
01/15/18, 08:20 PM
No, Rita should have just had her cameo.

No Green Spandex
01/16/18, 10:51 PM
Its not a bad idea. But I am not sure how you do this and use the Soga footage in the end?

Jen's Revenge
01/16/18, 11:10 PM
I would have liked to have seen a good Rita as full time mentor.

Ranger Black
01/17/18, 12:31 PM
I can't see the Soga scenes lasting all year. It was hard enough to intergate the scenes into the finale without feeling forced.

A Gia To Remember
01/20/18, 06:04 PM
The more I think about it, I just don't see Rita as the mentoring type.

Titanium Ghost
01/22/18, 04:44 PM
It would have been an interesting dynamic. But I think it would have been hard to get Carla Perez and fly her accross the country. Especially being non union.

MattEmily
01/22/18, 06:48 PM
It would have been an interesting dynamic. But I think it wpuled have been hard to get Carla Perez and fly her accross the country. Especially being non union.

the union thing wouldn't have been a problem but paying for a flight would've been more problematic.

Hexagon Ranger
01/23/18, 05:41 PM
Thats an interesting idea. It could have worked. But I think Rita would have been played by a different actress. Maybe even Peta Rutter. But that's probably would have been a stretch since she looked nothing like Soga or Carla.

Saban Fan
01/24/18, 12:01 PM
I could see Saban doing this if he has been in charge of Mystic Force. The Mystic Mother scene would have at least been a lot better.

Rangerlord
01/25/18, 12:05 PM
The whole Rita has Mystic Mother plot just didn't make sense in continuity. Having Rita be the Rangers mentor wouldn't have made sense either .

Hayley Oliver
01/25/18, 12:19 PM
Thiw would have been interesting. But i would hate to lose Udonna.

Rita's Pita
01/27/18, 12:28 PM
I would have liked to have seen that. But ypu would have had to creatively use the Soga Footage or get Carla Perez.

Bridge's Brigade
01/28/18, 01:12 PM
I don't see them bringing back Carla or a new actor to play Rita all season. They just wanted to honor Soga since she had recently passed and they had footage of her to use.

Ocean Of Revenge
01/28/18, 04:11 PM
We would have got a better understanding of just how Rita is connected to the Mystical Realm. Nick as her son would have been interesting. Wait untill he would have meant his half brother!

KimandTommy
01/29/18, 01:55 PM
I still say Mystic Mother wasn't Rita. She coule have been her good twin or something

I would have hated the real Rita being the mentor. Since I know she was still secretly evil. I don't care if Zordon gave her a get out of jail free card.

Captain Codfish
01/29/18, 08:46 PM
I like this idea. It would make things come full circle. And would have seemed less out of left field. You could still come up woth a way to do a tribute to Soga.