Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Forever Red? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=5353)

Dino Ranger Knight 10/16/17 11:28 PM

Re: [FOREVER RED]All Red Power Rangers of all seasons features in one Video!

It was a rushed episode that endes up being a disappointment. It was fanwank anyway.

MattEmily 10/17/17 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 67606)
I merged the two "Forever Red" threads into one.

I was wondering what happened and how it got to be so big LOL

Shadowhawk 10/19/17 08:07 PM

Forever Red was great. The backstory really makes a lot of sense. Its amazing how they were able to fit in so much to a 20 minute episode. It was awesome seeing my old favorites. I am not going to complain about having them back. Leaving out Jason, Tommy, and TJ wouldn't have made sense.

Rangerlord 10/19/17 08:11 PM

The problem is that they should have added more backstory. Amit's explanations after the fact are lazy to me. Plus I don't count anything off screen as canon. That said, I enjoyed the episode for what it was. But lets not ignore its issues. It had major continuity issues that are hard for long time fans to ignore. They did a better job here than "Once A Ranger" though.

No Green Spandex 10/19/17 08:15 PM

I think the writer of the episode is allowed to say backstory after the fact. They are the ones that wrote the episode. Plus Amit was in charge of the whole writing staff. It waa a good episode. Good enough to stomach the un-wanted return of Tommy Oliver .

Goldar's Revenge 10/19/17 08:28 PM

"Forever Red" was a 20 minute speciao to celebrate the ten years or the shows history. It was never meant to answer fanon questions. Nor did it really have the time.

Time Force Omega 10/20/17 09:02 PM

I won't say it was bad. But I really didn't care for anyone except Wes and Eric. It waa nice to get more of them.

Captain Codfish 10/20/17 09:27 PM

The inconsistencies don't bother me...Because there are plenty of theories as to what could have happened off screen. The episode did a remarkable job of cramming in every former Ranger and giving most of them something to do. And the storyline plays off or the show's history. Even if you don't count " Rain".

Quantum Hunter 10/20/17 09:37 PM

I thought it was really cool how they includee Eric. Who always felr like another Red to me.

MattEmily 10/20/17 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 67638)
I think the writer of the episode is allowed to say backstory after the fact. They are the ones that wrote the episode. Plus Amit was in charge of the whole writing staff. It waa a good episode. Good enough to stomach the un-wanted return of Tommy Oliver .

yes they are allowed to the problem is that it doesn't count unless it was stated on-screen. Amit was never in charge of the whole writing Staff.