Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Alex should have stayed dead (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6515)

Jen's Revenge 02/27/15 10:26 PM

Alex should have stayed dead

"Force From The Future" was one of the best episodes of Power Rangers ever. I feel its impact was hurt by the fact Alex ended up coming back and wasn't dead after all. The whole reason why the TF Rangers went back in time was to get revenge for the death of Alex. It was a key part of Jen's character. It hurt the final confrontation with Ransik since Alex was no longer dead...Yet Jen still acted like she needed revenge.

Alex should have stayed dead and Captain Logan could have come back and took over as Red. He could have had a DNA override.

A Gia To Remember 03/01/15 08:25 AM

Re: Alex should have stayed dead

He needed to come back. No humans die on Power Rangers. Certainly not Rangers. Besides its not like they got back together. So everything wasn't perfect. The relationship was still over Jen loved Wes.

Captain Codfish 03/01/15 08:27 AM

I would have liked that better. Alex dying was such a dramatic and sad moment. They should have left it intact. And found another way to do the destiny arch.

Usagi Reborn 03/01/15 08:30 AM

Alex got hosed big time.He was the one that almost died. And when he comes back he loses his fiancee and has to watch her with another man. Only for her to pretty much make it clear things were't going back to normal when she came back to the future.

Superstatler 03/01/15 08:36 AM

They should have went with the Time Force is corrupt idea that seemed to be there in the beginning. Also the idea that Ransik was just a victim of prejudice. Alex could have ended up being a villain with Ransik somewhat justified for trying to kill him. Or at least for him to have a reason thats more than just because he is evil. Maybe Alex could have killed somone on close to him?

MMPR Forever 03/01/15 08:38 AM

Episodes like this is what make me hate all seasons after MMPR. It wasnt Power Rangers and was way too serious. At least Alex came back alter. But Time Force isn't my cup of tea.

Massive Ego 03/01/15 08:40 AM

Yes, I consider FFTF one of the best episodes of Power Rangers ever. I think it would have made more sense for Alex to have been really dead. Don't take away the dramatic weight of the episode.

VR Master 03/01/15 08:46 AM

Alex did die, the timeline just changed to him being a live. As much as Jen changed during her adventures in the past...Alex wasn't really the same Alex that Jen had left behind. Its pretty obvious that the timeline also changed to Alex sending them back to the past officially rather than them stealing a timeship to go back on their own.

MattEmily 03/01/15 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge (Post 52608)
"Force From The Future" was one of the best episodes of Power Rangers ever. I feel its impact was hurt by the fact Alex ended up coming back and wasn't dead after all. The whole reason why the TF Rangers went back in time was to get revenge for the death of Alex. It was a key part of Jen's character. It hurt the final confrontation with Ransik since Alex was no longer dead...Yet Jen still acted like she needed revenge.

Alex should have stayed dead and Captain Logan could have come back and took over as Red. He could have had a DNA override.

I agree with you that Alex should have stayed dead. I'm not for human characters being resurrected once they are killed off... however Captain Logan wouldn't have worked as the Red Ranger that took over from Wes since he wasn't seen as jerkish as Alex was.

Jen's Revenge 03/01/15 04:49 PM

He was pretty jerkish when they lost Ransik.

Phantom Stranger 03/01/15 04:54 PM

I think he was a clone with Alex's memories. Since the process was imperfect just Alex was slightly colder and distant. But his love for Jen is very real.

Destiny Defeated 03/01/15 05:06 PM

Time Force was diffinitly corrupt. The fact that they have their operatives erase their memories when they come back sounds shady to me.

Dino Charger 03/01/15 05:09 PM

Time Force wasn't corrupt. Ransik was a vicious killer. They were just trying to bring him to justice. Plus Jen and the crew were able to turn down the memory erasing.

MattEmily 03/01/15 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge (Post 52701)
He was pretty jerkish when they lost Ransik.

true but that was the only time he was seen as being a dick and can you blame him? They spent who knows how long tracking down their last known criminal in their world and succeeded in capturing him only to find out that from 4 of his Officers that he eventually escaped from them.

Zord Commander 03/01/15 10:25 PM

I didn't have a problem with it. Since the relationship was not the same....It didn't cheapen the premiere. It was fine and all worked out. It was fun seeing Jason Faunt play two different characters

Jen's Revenge 03/02/15 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 52710)
true but that was the only time he was seen as being a dick and can you blame him? They spent who knows how long tracking down their last known criminal in their world and succeeded in capturing him only to find out that from 4 of his Officers that he eventually escaped from them.

It wasn't their fault they got ambushed. Logan needed everyone he had to go after Ransik. He shouldn't have suspended them. Do an investigation after the crisis.

Lightspeed Zeo 03/02/15 11:08 AM

Logan was just mad and reacted quickly. He had no time to deal with Jen's team so he suspended them pending an investigation.

Kelly Power 03/03/15 11:38 AM

Alex needed to come back. They couldn't kill him off for real. It would have been too much for Power Rangers. Alex was kind of a jerk. I am glad Jen didn't end up with him.

Sledge's Bounty 03/03/15 11:40 AM

They probably gave Alex the device that he himself used to save Mr. Collins later on.

Gosei Great 03/04/15 06:55 PM

I like the way they things turned out. I am glad the brought Alex back and had Jen fall in love with Jen. The destiny arc was awesome!

Sentai Is Forever 03/05/15 07:36 AM

They had to bring Alex back. They had to stick close to the Sentai here. It made sense to bring Alex back since Timeranger used the captain again.

MattEmily 03/05/15 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge (Post 52837)
It wasn't their fault they got ambushed. Logan needed everyone he had to go after Ransik. He shouldn't have suspended them. Do an investigation after the crisis.

I completely agree that it wasn't their fault since they got tricked and ambushed. He did have a right to suspend them since Ransik, a captured criminal had escaped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightspeed Zeo (Post 52838)
Logan was just mad and reacted quickly. He had no time to deal with Jen's team so he suspended them pending an investigation.

I completely agree that Logan was just mad and reacted quickly and had no time to deal with Jen's team but he really shouldn't have fired them. "Relieved of your duties" is just a nicer way of saying "you're fired."

Massive Ego 03/05/15 11:50 AM

Captain Logan was a fool and was really just a patsy for Alex. Who eas the real brains behind Time Force. He was smart enough to send Jen and her team to the past after Ransik.After he recovered he made sure they officially were given the mission. Thats why TF never went after them after they took the ship without permission.

Disney Ranger 03/05/15 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge (Post 52608)

I thought it was terrible. It was way too serious for PR. It didn't even feel like Power Rangere at all. I hate seasons like this. Way too serious and full of it self. Time Force felt too much like Sentai.

MMPR Forever 03/05/15 11:59 AM

Hi Disney Ranger, been awhile since you posted.

Decepticon 03/15/15 11:41 AM

I thought it was fine. Like someone said the relationship didnt get continued. So its not like Jen and Alex really got each other back. Plus you had the sadness of Jen and Wes having to say good bye in the end.

Lightspeed Omega 03/17/15 05:47 PM

Wasn't there a rumor that Alex was going to come back as Quantum Ranger ?

MattEmily 03/17/15 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightspeed Omega (Post 53576)
Wasn't there a rumor that Alex was going to come back as Quantum Ranger ?

yes but I think that was mainly due to the inaccurate information that Bandai had received.

PRangerX 03/17/15 09:55 PM

I remember that. I was actually disapointed at first when I first found out. It waas ironically on PRO where I found out.

Captain Codfish 03/17/15 09:57 PM

Did you not like Eric? Inthink it worked out for the best personally.

PRangerX 03/17/15 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 53583)
Did you not like Eric? Inthink it worked out for the best personally.

I thought Eric was an great character. Just was a bit disapointed when I first got the news. Once I saw the show I loved it.

MattEmily 03/18/15 11:51 AM

I personally thought it would've been interesting if it was Alex instead of Eric not that Eric wasn't an interesting character all his own but it would have changed things in Power Rangers if it was Alex since it would've made things rather ironic since in Timeranger Captain Ryuuga was supposed to be the original Time Fore.

PRangerX 03/18/15 12:07 PM

I like that he was a three demensional character with complicated intentions. He was one of the first Rangers to really by come one for personal gain. At least at first. This made him different and separated im from other Sixth Rangers. He was also the first not to be really part of the team.

Kimmy Repulsa 03/18/15 12:10 PM

Eric was annoying since he was always wining about Wes having all the opertunities and blaming other people for his problems. Yet Wes just tried to be his friend and ended up going on his own to make his own way.

Inner Senshi 03/18/15 12:12 PM

Eric was just a big jerk. He ahould never have been a Power Ranger.

I didn't like Alex either. He was a real jerk to Jen and the team. Its no wonder his girlfriend left him.

Captain Codfish 03/18/15 12:13 PM

A character can be unlikeable and still be a great character. Eric was a great character. Mostly because of his unlikeable qualities.

Usagi Reborn 03/18/15 12:17 PM

Alex was in a terrible situation and reacted the way most would act. He thought the Rangers were fulling around and had a different way of doing things. Its a credit to him that he was able to realize his mistake and be the bigger man. He did give Wes the morpher back willingly. Which took a lot of guts.

Astronema Karone 03/18/15 08:57 PM

in my opinion if a ranger falls in the very first episode their not worth being brought back