Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Did Justin ruin it for you? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7311)

PRangerX 08/25/16 11:11 PM

Did Justin ruin it for you?

Did Justin ruin it for you in Turbo? Was it too much to see a child as a Ranger?

Captain Codfish 08/26/16 11:08 PM

Re: Did Justin ruin it for you?

Justin was pretty annoying at first. But once the second half of Turbo came he was much better. He didn't hog the spotlight and seemed to mesh well with the younger Turbos. It was probably better that he didn't overstay his welcome and go beyond Turbo. I was happy to see him in the Space Team Up though.

MMPR Forever 08/29/16 03:31 PM

I didn't mind him actually. Too bad Turbo just didn't live up to MMPR. It came the closest though. I still don't love it.

Summer Is Rich 08/29/16 03:32 PM

I almost stopped watching since it seemed kinda weird having a kid as a Ranger. Of course then they did Beetleborgs. I don't mind it as much now but I wouldn't say a kid should be a Ranger again.

Jen's Revenge 08/29/16 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 57444)
I didn't mind him actually. Too bad Turbo just didn't live up to MMPR. It came the closest though. I still don't love it.

Turbo was actually a lot like MMPR especially the second half of it. Justin actually wasn't that bad. He was something different and not a bad experiment. I don't think he would have fit in as much during the more serious seasons. Beyond a one time appearance like he made in Space.

Massive Ego 08/29/16 03:37 PM

The character of Justin was just a bad idea. Having a kid team up with young adults and teenagers was just silly. Why would Zordon replace Rocky with an 11 year old? Also Rocky just lets him keep the powers after to be nice?

PRangerX 09/04/16 11:25 AM

At the time I hated the move. It seemed goofy having a kid running around with the Rangers. I do agree it got better in the second half. I did like him in the team up. But he wouldn't have fit in Space.

Mastadon Ranger 09/04/16 11:39 AM

I didn't mind it at the time. But now it does seem strange . But Turbo was a wierd season anyway.

Superstatler 09/04/16 11:41 AM

At least Blake was a good actor for his age. That made it somewhat better. They didn't have to dub his voice like they do in the NZ years at times.

Destiny Defeated 09/05/16 06:19 PM

Turbo was just an abomination. Justin was just a horrible character and a bad idea. I did feel bad Foster got so much heat for this, since he was just doing his job. But Turbo was just atrocious. It was way worse than the cheesiness of MMPR. Thanfully, Space saved things.

MattEmily 11/14/17 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 57423)
Did Justin ruin it for you in Turbo? Was it too much to see a child as a Ranger?

I wouldn't say he ruined Turbo for me since if you're using characters as an excuse to despise a season then you weren't going to like it to begin with anyway I just didn't like how they really did nothing with the child prodigy aspect of him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 57428)
Justin was pretty annoying at first. But once the second half of Turbo came he was much better. He didn't hog the spotlight and seemed to mesh well with the younger Turbos. It was probably better that he didn't overstay his welcome and go beyond Turbo. I was happy to see him in the Space Team Up though.

I didn't find him annoying but I do agree that he did fit in better (but not much better) once the veterans left. I was also happy that he didn't remain for Space.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge (Post 57446)
I don't think he would have fit in as much during the more serious seasons. Beyond a one time appearance like he made in Space.

yea that I agree with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superstatler (Post 57468)
At least Blake was a good actor for his age. That made it somewhat better. They didn't have to dub his voice like they do in the NZ years at times.

to be fair that's not saying much since a lot of kids are generally voiced over to begin with anyway even American ones they even voice over people who aren't kids like the 3 actors who played the Trey triplets and an example of a kid being voiced over is Jason's cousin; Jeremy in the Rock Star episode.

No Green Spandex 11/15/17 11:51 AM

I remember wondering why Jeremy sounded so ridiculously high pitched.

Justin was an attempt to create a new Tommy. One that was young enough to remain for several more seasons. Thankfulky, it didn't work.

MattEmily 11/15/17 02:37 PM

yea some young actors can't act for whatever reason so that could be 1 reason as to why Jeremy was dubbed or it could also be because he had some kind of accent which didn't mesh due to his character being a relative of Jason's

Captain Codfish 11/16/17 08:24 AM

He was on the older side for a child actor. He was probably older than the character he was playing. He probably didn't sound young enough and they dubbed him with a younger voice.

MattEmily 11/16/17 11:14 AM

ah yes I forgot about that excuse his voice probably started to go deeper due to maturing and aging.

PRangerX 11/16/17 11:20 AM

He kind of reminded me of Jonathon Brandis . God rest his soul.

Bonus Ranger 11/16/17 11:30 AM

Oh he was dubbed over? He always did sound like his voice was odd.

MMPR Supreme 11/16/17 11:32 AM

I wonder why they invovled Jason's nephew in a putty battle?They almost never did that for non Rangers and never did it with the child guest stars.

Putty On The Brain 11/16/17 11:33 AM

They must have had "Putty On The Brain".

MattEmily 11/16/17 11:35 AM

hilarious response but truthfully that's probably it they wanted to get their mileage out of their own Putty suits before they were going to be ditched in the next season

Byron Stinger 11/17/17 11:37 AM

It was a mistake to make most of the season about him. Just because it worked in Beetleborgs, it doesn't mean it would for PR. Just like how the other pr inspired shows weren't as successful as the Power Rangers Series.

Bansheera's Revenge 11/18/17 08:05 AM

Justin should have been 14 years old. It would have been fine having the first Turbo Rangers mentoring a freshma high school student. And would have been a good transition to the younger team that replaced them. TJ , Cassie, Ashley, and Carlos could have been Justin's friends.

Sentai Is Forever 11/18/17 11:51 AM

Justin is one of the plot points i loke to use when i say as shouldn't do its own storylines outside of super sentai.

Lion Tamer Org 11/18/17 11:57 AM

I think he ruined the first half and he first team's send off but was much berrer in the second half.

Maligore 11/18/17 10:30 PM

Saban was too cheap to higher an older actor or keep Steve Cardensa.

MattEmily 11/18/17 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maligore (Post 68935)
Saban was too cheap to higher an older actor or keep Steve Cardensa.

that wasn't Saban's decision that was a decision that was made by his partner; Shuki Levy it was his idea to hire a child for a Ranger.

Galvanax Rises 11/18/17 11:25 PM

I thought it was a great idea. Justin fit in fine anyway.

Pretty Kimmy 11/20/17 12:00 PM

Not really he was just one Ranger and didn't really bother me.

Zeo Power 11/20/17 12:40 PM

Yes, and things felt bad enough with the terrible transition from Zeo to Turbo.

Mastadon Ranger 11/20/17 01:03 PM

I was young so I liked the fact they had a kid Ranger. Blake Foster was a very likeable actor too.

I Love Lothor 11/22/17 06:25 PM

Justin made Turbo more fun. I really think his character was a much welcome addition.

Time Force Omega 11/22/17 06:30 PM

It seemed really bad at first but I waa able to live with it. I guess Turbo was the year to do it if they were going to do it.

Psycho Silver 11/25/17 09:04 PM

It was really bad at the time but i have long gotten over it . It was so long ago.

Zeltrax Reborn 11/25/17 09:07 PM

Justin was a bad idea as a character but at least they were smart enough to never do it again.

Anti-Justin 12/03/17 07:05 PM

Yes he did since he served no purpose not to mention I completely hated him. I don't know why they thought creating him was a good idea but it wasn't it was a horrible idea.

Powermaster 12/03/17 08:17 PM

He was a cringeworthy addition to the season. But not the only problem.

Judge Dredd 12/03/17 08:29 PM

He certainly wasn't my favorite character but I can't say he ruined the seawon for me.