Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Police Controversy (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6076)

MattEmily 12/15/14 12:11 AM

Police Controversy

Obviously I'm sure all of us are aware of the recent police controversy with the situations in Ferguson as well as in New York with the chokehold death and the one in Cleveland with the 'toy gun death' so I wanted to see what everyone had to say about it here.

I find it disappointing that we're hearing such news but I do believe in some of the cases that the officer responsible should have been charged especially in the case of the New York situation since he knowingly violated their procedure.

PRangerX 12/18/14 10:40 PM

Re: Police Controversy

The St Louis cop seemed to have probable cause to shoot Micheal Brown. I don't think it was an issue of race. I haven't heard enough about New York yet.

MattEmily 12/18/14 10:50 PM

Re: Police Controversy

I agree with St. Louis. Based on what I have heard in regards to the New York one I don't know whether it has to do with race but I do believe the officer involved was too aggressive especially when if I recall correctly the person was already restrained.
However in the case of the Cleveland one it does seem suspicious since the officer that shot him was about to be disciplined for having emotional issues in another Police Department so you have to wonder why Cleveland's Department didn't even do a background check with his other department to make sure he was stable.