Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   The Scene where Tommy Lost His Powers (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8630)

Green With Envy 02/19/18 07:32 PM

The Scene where Tommy Lost His Powers

Was anyone surprised when the Rangers failed to save Tommy's powers?

That scene at the end of Green Candle with Tommy losing his powers was pretty chilling for MMPR.

Hayley Oliver 02/19/18 07:44 PM

Re: The Scene where Tommy Lost His Powers

That was pretty depressing. Usually the Rangers always won.

Tommy Hater 02/19/18 10:34 PM

I thought it was overdramatic. But I was beyond happy to be rid of the guy who took Jason's spotlight and ruined the dynamic of the series.

Goldar's Revenge 02/19/18 10:43 PM

It was really the first time when the Power Rangers didn't save the day. Even Green With Evil the stakes were raised but the Rangers pervailed in the end.

DinoThunderKira 02/19/18 10:51 PM

I was one of the kids who had their parents complain. I even stopped watching the series until he came back. I stopped again after Turbo and came back full time with DinoThunder. I went back and watched what I messed though. I didn't quit after DinoThunder lol.

MattEmily 02/19/18 10:55 PM

you're ahead of yourself Tommy Hater since he wasn't a spotlight hog until he became the White Ranger whereas Green with Envy was referring to the Green Candle incident

Massive Ego 02/19/18 11:08 PM

Ah yes, a classic episode.

Sentai Envy 02/19/18 11:22 PM

Burai's death scene was so much better, it made Tommy's Fading Powers Scene look like a joke.

Sentai Mighty 02/19/18 11:26 PM

Tommy was such a crappy character. Burai deserved a lot better.

MattEmily 02/19/18 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Envy (Post 74840)
Burai's death scene was so much better, it made Tommy's Fading Powers Scene look like a joke.

Fox Kids was never going to allow Tommy to die so quit dreaming about it they didn't even allow Eric to die despite the fact they (MMPR Productions) had shot footage of him dying