Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   General Fandom Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Power Rangers Legacy Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6055)

PRangerX 01/28/15 11:58 AM

Re: Power Rangers Legacy Discussion

So i power read through a few chapters since the etory has really been enjoyable. I'll post more in depth reviews when I have time to sit down and focus my thoughts.

Destiny Defeated 01/29/15 11:36 AM

So far you have made good use of the powers. Feels better than the way MegaForce used them. Doesn't feel forced. I am up until the Space chapter. Too bad they couldnt actually go to Space in that chapter. But you gave purpose to the Turbo powers and that was an achievment.

The Ghost Ranger 01/29/15 03:30 PM

Thanks Destiny, that means a lot to me. I know Turbo isnt a well-loved season, but I enjoyed and always thought it has potential, but it wasnt realized.

MMPR Forever 01/29/15 07:34 PM

It was cool seeing them use the MMPR powers. Since those are my favorite seasons.

PRangerX 02/02/15 10:22 PM

Sorry its taking me so long. I've been working on site related stuff. Also I read ahead so I wanted to really organize my thoughts.

The Wild Force Chapter was very well done. I like how we got to see the Animarium and Shayla. The Lion Zord played a big role here. It made sense to use the Wild Force powers given the theme of the episode.

When Dark Phantom was first introduced I never expected him/her to join the team. With the conclusion of this episode we see Eve recovered and brought back to the Rangers base. So this is a big story development.

The Subplot with Jerome and his mother was powerful stuff. And the resolution made sense. Since the water of the Animaria could slowly heal his mother. It gave use a lot of interesting Jerome stuff. And of course he gets his own battlizer.

We also see the defeat of Chosev here which is a major storyline development. It also made sense why we didn't see Phantom right away since he was the one that recruited and trained her.

I did think it didn't make sense that Chosev just abandoned Eve so quick. Seemed counter productive to lose such a powerful ally and risk the Rangers getting her. As well as the morpher.

The Ghost Ranger 02/03/15 12:21 AM

It's a bit of a media cliche told quite a bit. Generals or those higher up in power will dispose of a soldier they deem worthless or past their usefulness. I just thought this would be a cool thing to do, to show how merciless the Empire warriors can be.

Astronema 02/03/15 02:48 PM

I was surprised at that too. But it makes sense what you said.

Destiny Defeated 02/05/15 11:44 AM

PRX wasn't kidding things really do pick up with the Time Force Chapter. I never expected Jake's origin to be this in depth. I loved the way you went back and forth from the battle to Jake's story. Dark Phantom Ranger has so much more character depth now.

Khan's Wrath 02/05/15 11:46 AM

Is their any time travel in that chapter?

The Ghost Ranger 02/05/15 02:20 PM

Sadly no, Khan. The chapter is a back and forth between a current battle and a flashback

PRangerX 02/08/15 07:07 PM

The Ninja Storm chapter was less about the powers and more about the story progressing. It was nice twist having have become Legacy Phantom. Especially since the Dark Phantom powers would have currupted her again. I am glad we had her have some self doubt instead of just joining the team automatically. It made for good character growth.

The nazi storyline with Diane was well done. It was a good focus episode for her
as she had.to deal with her family history including a Nazi. It was a good character moment for her and a very big issue to deal with. The plot also lined up well with Eve's own path for redemption.

There is not much I didn't like about this. The Ninja Powers were not central to the plot. But I can't complain about this. Because really it would be a bad thing if the powers were just used for fan service. It was nice to keep it about the story.

The Ghost Ranger 02/09/15 12:16 AM

To be honest, I was a bit worried about what people would think in regards to the Nazi part of the storyline. I was afraid it'd come off as offensive. I know the powers came off as secondary in this chapter, but I wanted to do a a little more story driven piece with it, and I figured Ninjas vs Nazi would be cool. Glad you liked it!

Superstatler 02/11/15 12:00 PM

I would have liked to have seen a past villain to have come back for real and be the big bad in this. It is cool how Dark Phantom can turn into past villains though.

PRangerX 02/11/15 12:10 PM

The DinoThunder chapter gave us more good character interactiong and got us to get to know Eve a little more. Its interesting how the dance storyline becomes a storyline for the next few eps.

But the big story here is the villians getting their hands on the Dark Phantom Morpher. It will be interesting to see what they do with it. Its good that the morpher was not forgotten about.

I did think it was a little odd for Eve to know so.much about shopping and to be acting like a typical school girl. I guess Eltar is similar to Earth's Culture.

The Ghost Ranger 02/11/15 04:24 PM

PRX, for the storys sake, I progress time at a faster rate. Even though she recently joined the team, it could be a few days or even weeks between chapters. I was wanting to avoid the 'one chapter=one episode= one day' type deal where the next chapter is only the next day.

PRangerX 02/16/15 11:20 AM

The SPD chapter saw the return of Dark Phantom. I figured they would use the morpher to create a new one. We got some good character stuff with Zeke. As we learned that he has a father in prision for hacking. It gave us some good background on him. It will be interesting to see why the villains needed all that steel.

Astronema 02/16/15 11:21 AM

I wonder who the new Dark Phantom is? I really like Eve's storyline so far. Going back further, the Lightspeed Team up was pretty cool.

The Ghost Ranger 02/16/15 12:14 PM

PRX, you'll see :D. Astronema,glad you enjoyed that chapter!

PRangerX 02/22/15 08:16 PM

The Mystic Force chapter concluded the dance storyline. Glad to see that was followed up on. As we got more great character interaction. Looks like there is romance brewing between Jake and Diane.

I like the use of the Mystic Force powers here, It made sense to the story. It was cool seeing Clair as Mystic White. It was clever to use a spelled Fire Hart against the Rangers. I like the tribute to Peta Rutter. Well done there.

Now that I am caught up on episode thoughts I can start reading again.

The Ghost Ranger 02/23/15 03:27 AM

Glad you liked it PRX, Mystic Winter is one of my favorite chapters in the story, despite not liking Mystic Force all too much. I figured Clare would work for the new White Mystic Ranger as part of the new generation.

Astronema 02/25/15 05:49 PM

Mystic Force Chapter did end up being real good. Clare being White Ranger surprised me. I wish they would have done this in Super Megaforce. The dance was pretty neat and something we would see in old MMPR.

Calamity Kimberly 02/25/15 05:52 PM

Wow! You made Spike a Ranger. Thats pretty cool. The show wouldn't have the stones to do something that crazy. I am interested to see where this goes.

The Ghost Ranger 02/25/15 08:22 PM

Astronema, I am glad you enjoyed the chapter. I enjoyed doing this mini arc with the dance. Also, I am humbled that you think things I have written would work on tv.

CK, I am happy you enjoyed Spike being a ranger!

Phantom Stranger 02/25/15 08:38 PM

Just out of curiosity but why did you use the Megaforce characters instead of mostly originals? Is the Legacy stuff using Gokaiger powers or original?

The Ghost Ranger 02/25/15 09:18 PM

I'm afraid I don't follow. The Rangers, save for Spike, are all original characters. The Legacy Powers are an alternate version of Legendary Ranger Mode.

Phantom Stranger 02/25/15 09:33 PM

I was just curious why you didn't use Troy ,Jake, Noah,Emma, and Gia?

So the Legacy Powers are original and not an adaption of Gokaiger? Besides Legendary Mode of course.

The Ghost Ranger 02/25/15 09:43 PM

I didn't use the megaforce characters because they were pre-established as a team, and wanted to use my own original one. Remember, I'd been brainstorming for this since college, way back in 2010. The Legacy Powers are original in that they dont use the Gokaiger suits or keys, but rather tap into the Grid itself.

Phantom Stranger 02/25/15 09:47 PM

Oh interesting, must have missed that. Makes sense if you have been working on this since 2010. Since that was long before Super Megaforce.

PRangerX 03/02/15 10:55 AM

Wow Overdrive Chapter was a emotional episode. I didn't expect it to end like that. The twist with Eve and Dark Phantom was well done. Kind of reminded me of Trent's clone problem although a bit different. The end of the team up reminded me of "Power of Pink"

It was fun seeing the OO Rangers again. I am glad you explained why they reunited since they weren't together at the end of OO. It was a fun team up that really had a big effect on the plot. It will be interesting to see how.the Rangers deal with all this.

Captain Codfish 03/02/15 10:57 AM

Mystic Winter was pretty fun. I didn't expect to see Claire again. It was fun seeing the Rangers at the dance. Can't wait to read Overdrive episode since PRX says its good.

The Ghost Ranger 03/02/15 07:02 PM

I am going to admit that I cried when writing Always A Ranger, especially towards the end. I end up crying a bit each time I read it x.x

On another note. I was wondering, would anyone like to see the suits the team wear? I'd just need to know how to put images up on the board.

PRangerX 03/06/15 12:25 AM

You could try copying and pasting into the window.

The Ghost Ranger 03/06/15 01:14 AM

http://i57.tinypic.com/23sez2f.jpg This is Ghost Rangers suit

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ik8bnt.jpg Legacy Red's suit. A friend help me create it but i lost the original file, so I remade it from what I could remember.

Astronema 03/08/15 10:16 PM

Cool pics. They look pretty original. It is interesting to see what you're Rangers are supposed to look like.

Captain Codfish 03/08/15 10:20 PM

I've been binge reading myself. Tottally didn't expect Eve to die. But it makes's sense when you think about the whole story.

The Ghost Ranger 03/08/15 11:56 PM

^ Like I said, i cried when writing that part. I hope it made an impact and it didnt feel cheap

Captain Codfish 03/09/15 12:22 AM

It wasn't cheap. It was shocking but it made sense when you think of the story.

PRangerX 03/09/15 04:46 PM

The Jungle Fury was a good follow up to the loss of Eve. It must have been tough to move the story along and deal with the tragady. I think Jake has kept a lot of things internal. So it made sense for him not to show a lot of emotion on it on the outside. As a loner he would be one to go off and stew on his own. It was cool having RJ and Fran. It was clever using the Legacy morpher to create Jake's new battlizer. I was nervous they were going to bring Eve back like their was no problem. As nice as that would seeem, it wouldn't have been good story wise. So I am glad you resisted that urge.

So did Jake and RJ know each other were Rangers? They didn't seem to be shocked when they both had to Ranger up against the monster.

The Ghost Ranger 03/09/15 06:07 PM

i kinda chalked it up to RJ knowing Jake was a ranger due to him harnessing the Wolf Spirit as well, and since Jake had watched over the previous teams, he knew about RJ but decided not to say anything.

Astronema 03/13/15 10:43 PM

Yeah, I though he was going to bring Eve back too. Part of me wanted him to. But it was best for the story that things turned out the way they did. It really did add wait to the story. I'm not surprised you cried Ghost. It had to be hard to write her off like that.