Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Power Ranger Movie not a reboot (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6941)

PRangerX 10/09/15 04:51 PM

Power Ranger Movie not a reboot

Collider is.reporting that the MMPR movie is going to be a continuation and not a reboot. With Scorpina as the big bad.

http://collider.com/power-rangers-mo...scene-details/

Sounds kinda strange to me. Especially since they just casted Kimberly. But we will see if this even ends up true. If it is is a major change from what we thought this thing was.going to be.

The Ghost Ranger 10/10/15 03:44 AM

Re: Power Ranger Movie not a reboot

Take this with a grain of salt; It was said from the beginning it was an MMPR Reboot, and they are using the original character names. It would not make sense to have a continuing movie of the show when another seasons is coming right after it.

PRangerX 10/10/15 12:04 PM

Agreed it seems out of left field. This isn't Star Trek where you have to worry about 50 years of continuity. There is no need to go Abrams Trek here.

Massive Ego 10/10/15 12:05 PM

Sounds like a pretty boneheaded idea to me. But we shall see.

Captain Codfish 10/10/15 12:12 PM

It amuses me that the writers knowledge of PR is limited to MMPR seasons 1 and 2. Yet is speculating about a Dino Charge tie in.

Delta Black 10/10/15 12:13 PM

Won't Dino Charge be old news by then?

A Gia To Remember 10/10/15 12:15 PM

Maybe the kids of the original MMPR team will team up to go against Scorpina.

The Ghost Ranger 10/10/15 04:58 PM

Gia, I don't know about that; some don't want to come back, some cant, and due to union reasons, some wont.

Captain Codfish 10/10/15 05:56 PM

I think Gia meant they would use the children of the originals. If they went that route I would think it would be just a next generation type of thing and not necessarly relatives of the Rangers.

Rangermanuel 10/11/15 01:37 AM

I'm going to take it with a grain of salt too