Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Mesagog's redemption (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6820)

Calamity Kimberly 06/13/15 05:20 PM

Mesagog's redemption

Does anyone else think that Anton's redemption was tacked on and forced?

Rangermanuel 06/13/15 05:40 PM

Re: Mesagog's redemption

I think Anton's redemption was tacked on in my opinion

MattEmily 06/13/15 07:51 PM

Not at all.

I truly saw Anton Mercer as a good person who just made a stupid mistake with drinking his science experiment liquid which caused him to become Mesogog.

Rangermanuel 06/13/15 08:44 PM

^I say amen on that even if his alter ego was the Lord Zedd of the Dino Thunder team

Massive Ego 06/14/15 11:09 AM

Well he was pretty irresponsible. He experimented on something he shouldn't have. Then when he lost control of it he arrogantly thought he should deal with it o. hia own. I stead of going to Doctor O for help he gave him that cold shoulder. He even put his son's place on the team in danger by making him lie for him. He is lucky his team was able to save him and for the Rangers fixing his mistake.

Rangermanuel 06/14/15 11:15 AM

Has he seen Jurassic Park and thought to never mess with nature?

Massive Ego 06/14/15 11:18 AM

Aparently not. Based on his actions..

Eye Guy 06/14/15 11:21 AM

Yeah, I originally thought Anton was fully on board with his Mesagog persona. But he ended.up being good. It did feel a bit forced since Anton was such a jerk. Elsa shouldn't have turned good. It was overkill. At least Zeltrax stayed bad.

MattEmily 06/14/15 11:28 AM

I didn't think Anton was that much of a jerk. Fathers just typically want what they feel is best for their kids they don't typically care what their kid wants.

I agree that Elsa shouldn't have been turned good that definitely was forced I view that as just an excuse so that they didn't have to destroy a human character.

Eye Guy 06/14/15 11:31 AM

Well he was wrong to treat Tommy like he did and not ask for his help. He also gave the DT Rangers a hard time when he was their sub. Even when he knew they had Ranger duties.

Rangermanuel 06/14/15 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 55357)
Aparently not. Based on his actions..

Guess that answers my question

Power Sentai 06/15/15 04:25 PM

Anton was pretty arrogant. But he was humbled by the end when he lost total control. He became a better person and father to Trent..

Massive Ego 06/15/15 09:27 PM

Only because he had no other option once he was exposed. Tommy should have captured him and have Andros take him to a intergalactic prision or something.

Rangermanuel 06/15/15 10:47 PM

But Andros disappeared after Forever Red but behind the scenes it would have impossible for Christopher Lee (his actor) to fly to New Zealand. Another thing, 13 years have passed and it is a mystery how Tommy and Andros know each other besides they were both mentored by the great Zordon of Eltar.

Massive Ego 06/16/15 05:19 PM

I was talking in show. And assumed that Tommy would still have a way of contacting Andros after "Forever Red". There was early SPD as an option too.

Captain Codfish 06/16/15 05:23 PM

FR seemed to imply that the Ranger teams were more interconnected then it seemed. With Tommy as the leader. He also seemed to be closely associated with Andros. Its not really that difficult for the two to meet. Especially if Tommy was watching over the Ranger teams a la Zordon. Andros would be a valuable asset with his connections in Space.

Rangermanuel 06/16/15 10:00 PM

^You do have a point there and plus Tommy and Andros both according to the Morphing Grid worn Red

Red Spandex Forever 06/16/15 10:10 PM

There two of my favorite all time Rangers. They were the best leaders. Tommy was the great the most important Ranger of the Zordon Era. He led the team through many great battles. Andros was the won that led the Space Ranger and shattered Zordon's tube.

Rangermanuel 06/17/15 09:04 PM

And Andros ended the Zordon era for Tommy

MattEmily 06/17/15 10:31 PM

I suppose what the end of the Zordon Era is... is all a matter of opinion.

Yes Zordon died in Space but Galaxy was still connected to Space because of Alpha 6, Karone, the Astro Megaship, the Professor, Bulk, the small clip of Skull and of course D.E.C.A. and the mentioning by Leo to Andros that he was there in Angel Grove on the day the Space Rangers defeated those evil forces.

Rangermanuel 06/18/15 11:49 AM

And that is one reason Lost Galaxy was a great successor to In Space and a great season period

Captain Codfish 06/18/15 12:52 PM

Galaxy was the beginning of the After Zordon era. It just had a lovely on continuity with Space. Since the show is all part of the same continuity it makes sense.

Massive Ego 06/18/15 12:55 PM

Space and Galaxy were the best season. So much better than the crap we get now. I was hoping we woukd get back to that quality with Neo Saban but what a creative flop that has been. PR might as well have stayed with Disney. But at least the classic seasons are on Netflix now. Thats the only good.thing about the Saban deal.

Rangermanuel 06/21/15 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 55465)
Space and Galaxy were the best season. So much better than the crap we get now. I was hoping we woukd get back to that quality with Neo Saban but what a creative flop that has been. PR might as well have stayed with Disney. But at least the classic seasons are on Netflix now. Thats the only good.thing about the Saban deal.

Well the new seasons are good but nothing can replace the magic of the 90's seasons.

MMPR Forever 06/21/15 12:23 PM

Agreed, nothing will ever be as good as MMPR.

Rangermanuel 06/21/15 01:33 PM

^Or Zeo In Space Lost Galaxy or Time Force

Lightspeed Zeo 06/21/15 01:35 PM

Zeo and Lightspeed are my all time favorites.

Gosei Great 07/10/15 08:04 AM

I always thought it was kinda wierd. Anton was so unlikeable for most of the season. I wonder if the original plan was for Anton to be evil and they changed course on that idea?

Usagi Reborn 07/10/15 11:40 AM

Anton was pretty much a tool who was too arrogant to admit his mistake until he was forced to. He is lucky Tommy went easy on him due to Trent. Hopefully, he learned his lesson.

Gosei Gold 07/11/15 12:25 PM

I think Anton realized his mistakes by the end and was truely humbled. He meant his apology to Tommy. He was a better man after his ordeal. We also saw how he became a more understanding father of Trent.

Rangermanuel 07/11/15 02:03 PM

I have to agree with you on that Gosei Gold