Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   RPM's Start Date (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2958)

Kamen Rider Decade 01/09/11 02:52 PM

RPM's Start Date

When does it start?

I thought it usually started by now.

PRangerX 01/09/11 02:53 PM

You didn't hear about RPM not being on Disney XD ( the new version of Toon Disney) this year ? Power Rangers is exclusive to ABC kids now. So it isn't going to debut until March 7. Which is actually coming up soon, Thats why the fandom thought pr was on its deathbed until the RPM promo and the news about Judd Lynn came out.

metal ranger 01/09/11 02:55 PM

I guess if your in Australia you have to wait a year. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kamen Rider Decade 01/09/11 02:56 PM

Exclusive ABC Kids that was a stroke of pure brilliance of a retard. ABC Kids a programming block so unreliable it might as well run for political office.

I won't bother with RPM then.

PRangerX 01/09/11 02:58 PM

Yeah its really not a good place for PR to be. On the bright side a lot of people are very enthusatic about Power Rangers this year. With the supposed darker direction of the first half. And the return of Judd in the second half.

Kamen Rider Decade 01/09/11 03:01 PM

Wait till undependable schedule and the month long hiatuses because of sport preemptions and that enthusiam will die faster than a bug flying into the windshield of a vehicle going 700 mph.

PRangerX 01/09/11 03:02 PM

Burgandy Ranger claims we are going to at least have all new episodes in March and April.

Kamen Rider Decade 01/09/11 03:04 PM

I know Tommy Oliver personally and have ridden in his zords.

End of the day both of those claims are fairy tales.

PRangerX 01/09/11 03:05 PM

There are rumors that this actually might be the last season. The fact that its on ABC Kids with no promotion kinda makes that a strong possibility. Power Rangers will come back in some form someday. MMPR Nostalgia will set in. Assuming it is cancelled.

Kamen Rider Decade 01/09/11 03:06 PM

There are rumors that every season is the last season since before Disney bought it.

They don't need to promote it, kids will watch it, kids will buy the toys. The toys are still selling really well last I heard.

PRangerX 01/09/11 03:08 PM

WF actually almost was the last season. Doug and Ann just convinced Disney to keep going.

This year feels different. You don't put a brand you are trying to feature on a weaker timeslot with no promotion. Toy Sales and ratings have been going down for awhile. Production costs have been rising in a bad economy. Last year consideration was given to doing animation as opposed to continuing live action. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is the last season. If it is, then its the marketablity of the brand that will bring the show back someday.

Kamen Rider Decade 01/09/11 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 38275)
WF actually almost was the last season. Doug and Ann just convinced Disney to keep going.

Doug & Ann should have kept their mouth shut then. At least it could have ended with at least the tiniest bit of dignity, instead of slowly dying and without any dignity and no hope of ever getting it back.

PRangerX 01/09/11 03:11 PM

Actually, most people don't think the show got bad until the Kalish Seasons. I personally still enjoyed those. But thats when ratings and toy sales started to nose dive, well after SPD anyway. NS and DT actually did better then Space-WF in the ratings/toy sales. Dinothunder is considered a beloved season.

Also there is hope of getting the show back. Power Rangers is a long standing franchise. Just like Transformers, GI Joe, any other long standing franchise. There will always be revivals. There is going to be MMPR nostalgia.

Kamen Rider Decade 01/09/11 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 38273)
Actually, most people don't think the show got bad until the Kalish Seasons. I personally still enjoyed those. But thats when ratings and toy sales started to nose dive, well after SPD anyway. NS and DT actually did better then Space-WF in the ratings/toy sales. Dinothunder is considered a beloved season.

Also there is hope of getting the show back. Power Rangers is a long standing franchise. Just like Transformers, GI Joe, any other long standing franchise. There will always be revivals. There is going to be MMPR nostalgia.

While under Doug's control again it was better than Kalish's control but it was still garbage. Back up your claims on ratings and toy sales with factual evidence or don't make them. MMPR is beloved but it still is a crappy campy piece of !+%!, you are not helping your cause. Garbage is garbage regardless of idiots and retards loving it.

There is always hope of getting a show back like Transformers, GI Joe, & Power Rangers back but Power Ranger series dignity died years ago and can never come back. You clearly need to learn to read more thoroughly because I clearly stated the show's DIGNITY not the show itself.

PRangerX 01/09/11 03:14 PM

And Power Rangers was more successful when it is campy. MMPR is the most popular series ever. And it wasn't all garbage. I've been rewatching it and can see why Kids loved it. Getting back to the concept of teenagers with attitudes his actually what the franchise needs. Thats why NS and DT were more successful. Power Rangers isn't a Sentai hack like Johnathon and later Bruce thought of it. Thats what helped to kill the franchise.