Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Random Zeo questions (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6693)

Cestro 04/27/15 01:39 PM

Random Zeo questions

After watching a few episodes of Zeo, I started to think of questions regarding the series from a within universe standpoint and a production standpoint. So here is a series of random questions that I hope there are answers to.

In universe questions:

1) Was it ever mentioned what African country Tanya is from?
2) Dose anyone understand the time travel that led us into Zeo?

Production questions:

1) Why was Ernie's Beach Club on the lake? I mean, they were filming in Los Angeles at the time, could't they have gone to an actual beach?
2) Why was it that only the actors for Cestro and Delphine returned though out the run of Zeo? Could they not get the other Alien Ranger actors or did they not want to get the other actors?
3) In relation to the Tanya question, has Nakia Burrise ever stated why her character is from an African tribe, yet she played the character as a typical American teenager?
4) Why was it necessary to introduce the Machine Empire as the new villains? Granted they were using Sentai footage, but they eventually brought back Zedd and company with original footage, so why not just keep Zedd and Rita all season?

PRangerX 04/27/15 04:22 PM

Re: Random Zeo questions

Tanya was from America. Her parents got lost on an expedition. She ended up being adopted by the African Tribe when they went missing.

The time travel was pretty funny and inconsistent. Since it seemed like they reduced everyone's ages but made them think it was still the present rather then the past. But there were times when it seemed like it was supposed to be the past. Tanya' s back story and true age is a bit hazy due to this.

I would guess that it was just cheaper to film on that lake. I would guess the limited Alien Ranger cast was a cost cutting thing too. Again Tanya was originally from America. She did have trouble fitting in at first anyway.

I supposed.they figured using the Machine Empire.would be cheaper and match the footage. Plus it was something different. Zeo was trying to shake things to stop ratings and toy sale declines. Its worth noting that Zedd and Rita were going to be the Turbo villains at one point. But Axelrod was unavailable.

MattEmily 04/27/15 04:39 PM

Quote:

1) Was it ever mentioned what African country Tanya is from?
No it wasn't.

Quote:

2) Dose anyone understand the time travel that led us into Zeo?
It's tough to comprehend it exactly but I would assume that the Orb of Doom had reversed time but it was only a time spell to make the Earth think it was reversed back in time which is probably why the Rangers could still gain access to the Shogunzords and possibly the Ninjazords if the Alien Rangers needed them since they did need the assistance of the Falconzord.

Quote:

1) Why was Ernie's Beach Club on the lake? I mean, they were filming in Los Angeles at the time, could't they have gone to an actual beach?
I would assume it has to do with what was easiest to get to and what would be the easiest to shut down for the duration of their filming.

Quote:

2) Why was it that only the actors for Cestro and Delphine returned though out the run of Zeo? Could they not get the other Alien Ranger actors or did they not want to get the other actors?
I believe it's a case of them being unable to get the others.

Quote:

3) In relation to the Tanya question, has Nakia Burrise ever stated why her character is from an African tribe, yet she played the character as a typical American teenager?
No I don't believe she has but I doubt it would've been up to her anyway since she just plays the part she's not a writer.

Quote:

4) Why was it necessary to introduce the Machine Empire as the new villains? Granted they were using Sentai footage, but they eventually brought back Zedd and company with original footage, so why not just keep Zedd and Rita all season?
Because they wanted to use new villains as well as use the Sentai footage at the same time. Yes they brought back Zedd and Rita but they still wanted to use the Sentai footage of the Machine Empire.

MattEmily 04/27/15 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 54468)
Tanya was from America. Her parents got lost on an expedition. She ended up being adopted by the Aferican Tribe when they went missing.

The time travel was pretty funny and inconsistant. Since it seemed like they reduced everyone's ages but made them think it was still the present rather then the past. But there were times when it seemed like it was supposed to be the past. Tanya's back story andtrue age is a bit hazy due to this.

I would gues it was just cheaper to film on that lake. I would guest the limited Alien Ranger cast was a cost cutting thing too. Again Tanya was originally from America. She did have trouble fitting in at first anyway.

I supposed.they figured.using.the Mechine Empire.would be cheaperand match the footage. Plus it was something different. Zeo was trying to shake things to stop ratings and toy sale declines. Its worth noting that Zedd and Rita were.going to be the Turbo villains at one point. But Axelrod was unavailable.

I don't remember them ever saying Tanya was from America.

MattEmily 11/02/17 12:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I would assume it has to do with what was easiest to get to and what would be the easiest to shut down for the duration of their filming.
The other reason is it was probably easier to get permits for the lake location compared to an actual beach that would probably be much busier not to mention you also likely needed permits for any explosives.