Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Tommy should have died like Burai (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7746)

Sentai Envy 01/31/17 10:37 PM

Tommy should have died like Burai

One think I will never forgive MMPR for is how it robbed us of a great Zyuranger Story-line. The Burai Arch was so amazing. By not having Tommy at least die ruined the story-line. And frankly, was an insult to Sentai Fans.

Sentai Snob 01/31/17 10:55 PM

Re: Tommy should have died like Braui

I agree , it was very insulting. And bad writing to boot. I would have liked MMPR much better if he followed the story-line of Braui.

Power Rangers Forever 01/31/17 10:58 PM

Why Tommy was his own character? And if they wrote him off they would have missed out on capitalizing on his popularity like they did with him as White Ranger.

MMPR Forever 01/31/17 11:00 PM

Tommy was perfect the way he was. I am glad MMPR never tried any of that drama crap. Writing off Tommy would have been insulting to the fans. I don't know a lot about Braui but he wasn't in MMPR and didn't need to be.

Goldar's Revenge 01/31/17 11:38 PM

At one point something like this was discussed but it never got passed being talked about in a writers meeting. There is no way it would have worked anyway. And it would have been foolish in hindsight.

Smarty Pants Rose 02/01/17 09:32 PM

That would have made no sense. Tommy was nothing like Burai. And nothing would have been there to set up his death like Zyuranger set up for Burai. Burai was trying to save his life , Tommy was trying to save his powers.

MMPR Forever 02/01/17 09:33 PM

Tommy dying would have been an insult to MMPR fans. And would have destroyed he franchise.

No Green Spandex 02/01/17 09:36 PM

It would have been a dramatic end to his storyline. Even more so then the powers loss arch.

Zabitan 02/01/17 09:37 PM

I don't know I think there was more to the Burai arc than just the fact that he died like the fact that he, and Geki were brother, and at first he hated Geki but then came to love him.

And the fact they established he was going to die, and when he finally did he helped save a little kid who was also going to die.

I would have liked it if they did the limited powers thing with Tommy before he lost his powers the first time but that's it.

KimandTommy 02/01/17 10:30 PM

Re: Tommy should have died like Burai

It would have been a terrible move to kill off Tommy! I would have stopped watching the show..It wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway.