Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Katie a mutant? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6674)

Delta Black 04/23/15 05:28 PM

Katie a mutant?

Katie had super strength beyond anything human. Does anyone think that she was secretly a mutant?

Destiny Defeated 04/24/15 11:31 AM

Re: Katie a mutant?

No, the people in the future had genetic attributes chosen by their parents. Katie's parents chose for her to have super strength for whatever reason.She was not a mutant.

Inner Senshi 04/24/15 11:33 AM

Yeah, if she was a mutant she would have been able to rip off a piece of herself and grow. I wonder why Ransik never tried that?'

A Gia To Remember 04/24/15 11:36 AM

It was funny how Katie didn't know her own strength sometimes. She diffinitly wasn't a mutant. It would have been interesting to see the others react if she were though. Since mutants weren't exactly their best wt friends.

MattEmily 04/24/15 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Senshi (Post 54365)
Yeah, if she was a mutant she would have been able to rip off a piece of herself and grow. I wonder why Ransik never tried that?'

it's possible because of the unusual way he was born which probably meant that he didn't have the DNA patch that the other mutants did... or perhaps it was a side effect of Time Force freezing mutants which is why they had it but ones like Ransik, Nadira and Gluto didn't since they hadn't been frozen... yet.

RJ Fury 04/25/15 07:31 PM

I wonder if the mutants in TF are the descendents of B Squad?

Captain Codfish 04/25/15 07:35 PM

Probably not, all the babies in Mellenium City were created in a lab from their parent's DNA. Mistakes in the genetic engineering led to mutants.

Galaxy Supreme 04/25/15 07:39 PM

Katie was such an under used character. We had that good storyline of her worrying about the changes to the future and how it would effect her family. We never had it brought up again. Really, most of the Rangers not named Jen, Wes or Eric got minimal focus.

Jen's Revenge 04/25/15 07:52 PM

People say this but t me.there was plenty of focus episodes for Lucas, Trip, and Katie. You mentioned the episode where Katie worries about changing history. There is the one where Katie goes back in time. Also the one where she works with that photographer. Lucas had the episode where he has to learn how to drive, the one where he protect's Zaskins' daughter, the one where his old friend is the mutant enemy and the one where Nadira falls for him. Trip had the episode where Nadira fools him, the one where he keeps messing up and tries to make up for it and he has a big part of the episode with the Black Knight.

MattEmily 04/25/15 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen's Revenge (Post 54382)
People say this but t me.there was plenty of focus episodes for Lucas, Trip, and Katie. You mentioned the episode where Katie worries about changing history. There is the one where Katie goes back in time. Also the one where she works with that photographer. Lucas had the episode where he has to learn how to drive, the one where he protect's Zaskins' daughter, the one where his old friend is the mutant enemy and the one where Nadira falls for him. Trip had the episode where Nadira fools him, the one where he keeps messing up and tries to make up for it and he has a big part of the episode with the Black Knight.

don't forget about the episode where Trip was standing up for Notacon especially towards Eric who was originally against all beings that weren't human.

The Ghost Ranger 04/26/15 05:35 PM

The future in Time Force produces what are called Gattica Babies. You can choose your child's gender, looks, what they could excell in etc. For those who do not know what Gattica is, it is a film made back in the late 90s, and I reccogmend it.

PRangerX 04/26/15 05:41 PM

Its been a prettty controversal for over a decade on the ethics of genetic manipulation. This is why a lot of people probably got the Time Force is evil vibe early on.

MattEmily 11/14/17 01:49 AM

yup that's a good point I mean you could pretty much create whatever kind of baby you wanted so if you wanted it to be a male or female you could choose the gender, if you wanted it to be a certain race you could choose that, you name it so in a lot of ways you could say that everyone as of the year 3000 would've been mutants yes that includes Trip, Jen, Lucas, Katie and yes even Alex and Captain Logan.

Green Spandex Supreme 11/14/17 06:10 PM

I think she wasn't a mutant, just an augmented human.

No Green Spandex 11/15/17 11:45 AM

Everyone in the future is a mutant. The so called mutants are just mutated a lot more than the others.

Putty On The Brain 11/16/17 11:41 AM

She seemed like a mutant of some sort to me

Byron Stinger 11/17/17 11:34 AM

It would be more interesting if they were mutants . And there was some kind of class system. Well a more complicated one

Bandora's Ghost 11/18/17 11:47 AM

I always found it a bit odd that she waa the knly one with superhuman powers. Not counting trip since he wasn't human.

Lion Tamer Org 11/18/17 11:59 AM

That would be a good character arch for her. Better than the history changing angle that was never re-explored.

Racecar Ronny 11/20/17 11:47 AM

I think she is just a superhuman.

Pretty Kimmy 11/20/17 11:50 AM

Mutants usually lookee like monsters, wo I would say no.

Chef Mia 11/20/17 07:02 PM

She was a grade 1 mutant or something .

Goldar's Revenge 11/21/17 06:14 PM

The future clearly is a totalitarian dictatorship with a strict class system. Its prtty clear all the people of Millennium City are mutants. The less human looking are just treated like the only mutants. And our treated like the lower class. Thats how racism works unfortunately.

Diabolico Rising 11/21/17 06:16 PM

I don't know. I would think the human like mutants would be more scary. Ransik is more human looking and this seems to make the people of the future fear him more

I Love Lothor 11/22/17 06:23 PM

She wasn't a mutant. But i never believed in the whole Time Force is evil thing.

Time Force Omega 11/22/17 06:32 PM

She was a mutant just like everything else in the future. Its ironic how they hated themselves when they presecuted "the mutants".

Powermaster 11/22/17 06:43 PM

She was a super human not a mutant.

Dustin Dude 11/25/17 08:05 PM

It was odd that they had Katie had civilian powers while the other human Rangers didn't.

Dino Charger 11/25/17 08:28 PM

I never though of Katie as an actual mutant. But now that the thread starter has brought it up...It makes me think it could be the case. Very interesting...

Princess Org 11/25/17 08:49 PM

Maybe Katie was secretly the Mutant Princess? She was hidden with a human family due to prejudice and the fact Ransik would have wanted her power for himself.

Psycho Silver 11/25/17 09:03 PM

I think all the genetically alter humans were mutants. The more human like mutants just considered themselves real humans for no other reason than that they had the power.

Blank Ranger 11/25/17 10:56 PM

I think there are a separate category of Superhumans that aren't shunned like most mutants.

Kat Oliver 11/25/17 11:01 PM

I always wondered this myself. Its weird it was never explained why she had superhuman strength.

Mega Mission 11/26/17 10:15 AM

Definitely not a mutant. Super Strength is just the genetic trait her parents chose for her.

Sentai Is Forever 11/27/17 09:54 AM

Damon wasn't a mutant so Katie definitely wasn't and shoulene have been written to be.

Wild White 11/27/17 09:56 AM

She seems like some sort of mutant to me. I don't think it needs to be explicitly said.

Evil Astronema 11/27/17 10:17 AM

She was definitely a mutant. The fact the Rangers never compared her to the mutants they faced speaks to brainwashed the future society is .