Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Did Justin ruin it for you? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7311)

PRangerX 08/25/16 11:11 PM

Did Justin ruin it for you?

Did Justin ruin it for you in Turbo? Was it too much to see a child as a Ranger?

Captain Codfish 08/26/16 11:08 PM

Re: Did Justin ruin it for you?

Justin was pretty annoying at first. But once the second half of Turbo came he was much better. He didn't hog the spotlight and seemed to mesh well with the younger Turbos. It was probably better that he didn't overstay his welcome and go beyond Turbo. I was happy to see him in the Space Team Up though.

MMPR Forever 08/29/16 03:31 PM

I didn't mind him actually. Too bad Turbo just didn't live up to MMPR. It came the closest though. I still don't love it.

Summer Is Rich 08/29/16 03:32 PM

I almost stopped watching since it seemed kinda weird having a kid as a Ranger. Of course then they did Beetleborgs. I don't mind it as much now but I wouldn't say a kid should be a Ranger again.

Jen's Revenge 08/29/16 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 57444)
I didn't mind him actually. Too bad Turbo just didn't live up to MMPR. It came the closest though. I still don't love it.

Turbo was actually a lot like MMPR especially the second half of it. Justin actually wasn't that bad. He was something different and not a bad experiment. I don't think he would have fit in as much during the more serious seasons. Beyond a one time appearance like he made in Space.

Massive Ego 08/29/16 03:37 PM

The character of Justin was just a bad idea. Having a kid team up with young adults and teenagers was just silly. Why would Zordon replace Rocky with an 11 year old? Also Rocky just lets him keep the powers after to be nice?

PRangerX 09/04/16 11:25 AM

At the time I hated the move. It seemed goofy having a kid running around with the Rangers. I do agree it got better in the second half. I did like him in the team up. But he wouldn't have fit in Space.

Mastadon Ranger 09/04/16 11:39 AM

I didn't mind it at the time. But now it does seem strange . But Turbo was a wierd season anyway.

Superstatler 09/04/16 11:41 AM

At least Blake was a good actor for his age. That made it somewhat better. They didn't have to dub his voice like they do in the NZ years at times.

Destiny Defeated 09/05/16 06:19 PM

Turbo was just an abomination. Justin was just a horrible character and a bad idea. I did feel bad Foster got so much heat for this, since he was just doing his job. But Turbo was just atrocious. It was way worse than the cheesiness of MMPR. Thanfully, Space saved things.