Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was Hartford wrong? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7358)

No Green Spandex 09/22/16 11:30 AM

Was Hartford wrong?

It seemed pretty arrogant for Hartford to think he could just make a son with robotics and lie to him about it. He interfered with the laws of nature and played god.

Lord Leo 09/22/16 11:32 AM

Re: What Hartford wrong?

Deffinitly....And don't forget how he caused the whole mess in the first place by desturbing the crown.

Forever Pink 09/22/16 11:34 AM

I never thought about it that way. I figured Hartford wanted a son to love. But didn't want Mack to feel bad for being a robot.

Jungle Master 09/23/16 08:09 AM

Hartford did nothing wrong. He built Mack out of love and did everything in his power to protect him. He said so hinself, he would have giving up alll the gems to save Mack. Hartford was overprotective at times but loved Mack enough to ultimately let him be a Power Ranger.

Sailor Moon Ranger 09/23/16 11:38 AM

Hartford was a good man and a great father. Mack realized this in the end.

Hailey Hartford 09/23/16 01:41 PM

I admit I wasn't originally that into the whole "Mack is an Android" thing. I did come around. The one thing that happened I wasn't happy about was when he was turned human by Sentinel Knight. To me it was a Pinocchio moment imo. Hartford was just a lonely billionaire who just wanted a son so he built one.

Captain Codfish 09/24/16 07:25 AM

I didn't like that either. They spent so long showing that Mack was a living thing despite being a robot. And then just have him get made human like being a robot made him less alive.

Goldar's Revenge 09/24/16 07:29 AM

Hartford had a God complex. He truely loved Mack but was wrong to try and create life. It was also wrong of him to try and decieve him. Mack was perfectly justified in being mad at Andrew.

It was beyond rediculus that Mack became human. It could the whole narative of him proving to others and himself that he was alive. That being a robot didn't make him less of a person. In the end the writers too the easy easy out.

Calamity Kimberly 09/24/16 08:17 AM

Hartford wanted to have kids but figured he was too old. He didn't make Mack to be some kind of great invention. He built him as his son and always treated him as such. His big mistake was lying to Mack.

Green With Envy 09/24/16 12:07 PM

Hartford realized he was wrong to do what he did but he did truly love Mack and wanted to do what was best for him. Mack was his son.

Lightspeed Zeo 09/24/16 12:08 PM

I don't think he realized just how real Mack would be until he was done building him.

Captain Mutiny 09/24/16 12:10 PM

The thing that made no sense was how Mack was built to be a young adult. Wouldn't Andrew have wanted an actual child?

Gia the Fiend 09/24/16 12:13 PM

How did Mack even morph if he was a Robot? Why did Spencer have to give him super strength? Those mutations would only work on a human.

MattEmily 09/24/16 02:43 PM

while it was wrong of Andrew to create a robotic son and lie about the truth of his origins to him it's understandable why he did it.

Disney Ranger 09/26/16 12:20 PM

I like the comparison to Pinocchio. The Robot plot was right out of a Disney Movie. Thats why I like it so much.

Superstatler 09/27/16 10:38 PM

Hartford was so into his work that he sometimes overlooked the bigger picture. This is where Spencer came in handy. Since he made sure to remind him of these things.

Inner Senshi 09/28/16 08:10 PM

I don't get why so many people act like Hartford was up to no good. Power Rangers is a kids show, it was not meant to be taken this seriously. The story was just about the bonding of a father and son.

Captain Mutiny 09/28/16 08:11 PM

Just because its a kids show, doesn't mean it can't be good or bad. There is no reason why we can't debate stuff like this .

PRangerX 09/28/16 08:12 PM

Otherwise we wouldn't need message boards. I do think Hartford acted irresonspibly. But I think he also felt guilty about that. In the end he really did love Mack. So Hartford isn't a bad guy.

Goldar's Revenge 09/28/16 08:12 PM

Hartford created Mack to be his personal servant Nd felt guilty so he made him his son. why wlse woukd he build him so old? Mack was meant to be Spencer's assistant but Hartford felt guilty creating his own slave. He made the problem worsw by lieing to Mack. The whoke storyline was ill thought out from that respect.

Tommy Angel 09/30/16 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inner Senshi (Post 58144)
I don't get why so many people act like Hartford was up to no good. Power Rangers is a kids show, it was not meant to be taken this seriously. The story was just about the bonding of a father and son.

I agree, people read way too much into things and end up coming up with ideas that just aren't really supposed to be part of the storyline. Mack was just a robot Hartford created because he wanted a son to love. There was no bad motive or violation of science.

I just thought the robot stuff dragged on way too long. it would have worked better as a two parter.

Green Saba 10/01/16 12:05 AM

Mack was just a winer. The whole storyline made Mack look bad. He was such a crybaby during this. He treated Hartford terribly after all the opertunities he gave him. Hartford loved him and gave him everything.

Zabitan 10/01/16 10:08 PM

I don't think Hartford was wrong to create Mack but I do think he should have let Mack know he was an android from the start.

Hailey Hartford 10/01/16 11:23 PM

Truth is yes Andrew should of told him the truth about what he was. Mack had no way of knowing he was an adroid because that is how Andrew wanted it. Yes, this season was my favorite but honestly their were parts of it I didn't like.

I personally would not go as far as calling Mack a whiner or you could also say a few other Rangers were also whiners. Among them: Ashley(Turbo, RiS), Alyssa(WF), Mia(MF), Madison and Vida(Mystic Force), and several others.

Lord Leo 10/02/16 11:36 AM

Why was Alyssa a winer?

Gosei Gold 10/02/16 11:39 AM

Hartford was only human. He may have been a bit irresponsible. But he realky wasnjust trying to do what was best for Mack once he was alive. Mack was his true son. No matter what he was.

Hailey Hartford 10/02/16 01:23 PM

I am talking about every time Cole was in trouble or something, she complained.

No Green Spandex 10/02/16 05:11 PM

Reminds me of how Kim and Kat used to always scream when Tommy was in trouble.

Blue Ranger Gone Bad 10/02/16 05:14 PM

Remember when the Wild Force Rangers screamed when the Wild Zords were destoryed in the finalie? That was so overacted it almost ruined the scene.

MattEmily 10/02/16 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gia the Friend (Post 58064)
How did Mack even morph if he was a Robot? Why did Spencer have to give him super strength? Those mutations would only work on a human.

it's been proven that robots can morph - remember the Robot Rangers from Turbo?

Samurai Mentor 10/03/16 07:46 PM

Re: Was Hartford wrong?

Didn't the Robot Ranger's power really come from being robots? They just made them look like Rangers.

Turbo Guy 10/03/16 07:49 PM

Don't forget about the Robot Rangers in Turbo.

Gosei Great 10/03/16 07:53 PM

I'm surprised those Rangers could co-exist with the regular teams. Since they would have shorted out the grid.

Starlight Starbrite 10/03/16 07:57 PM

The Lightspeed Robots were meant to replace the Human Rangers, not co-exist with them. The Robot Ranger s were just experimenting with the powers and would only be used in an emergency. They weren't going to be full time until the Rangers went Space.