Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Assume everything was the same up until the SMF Finale. How would you rewrite it? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7879)

RoughRiders9 05/23/15 04:07 PM

Assume everything was the same up until the SMF Finale. How would you rewrite it?

Assuming everything are exactly the same for Megaforce/Super Megaforce as it is today up until the finale episode. You just got hired to write the final episode. Also, assume the same returning veteran rangers we saw are set to star in the finale. How would you rewrite the finale?

How would you make the final two-part episode of SMF better? How would you incorporate the returning rangers better and give each of them enough spotlight? What type of lines would they have? etc. etc.

Just for reference, here are the veteran rangers that returned:
  • Tommy, MMPR Green
  • TJ, Space Blue
  • Cassie, Space Pink
  • Leo, Red Galaxy
  • Damon, Green Galaxy
  • Karone, Pink Galaxy
  • Carter, Red Lightspeed
  • Dana, Pink Lightspeed
  • Wes, Red Time Force
  • Mike, Green Samurai
  • Emily, Yellow Samurai
  • Would love to hear what you guys have to say!!

As for my thoughts, I would probably keep the finale relatively save, but give a little more spotlight on each of the veteran rangers, like how they helped out civilians in distress just like before. But this time, actually give Karone, Wes and Damon something to do and lines instead of just standing around a fire.

And then in the third act, rearrange it a little bit and keep the extended scenes in it.

Marvo sends in his entire army to battle the SMF Rangers. They can't handle it. So enter the veteran rangers, in civilian clothing, in badass slomo scene with the other morphed rangers coming up behind them.

Each returning ranger get at least one or two lines saying stuff like "you're never alone. We're always here for you. Blah blah."

Then the veteran rangers "morphs" real-time but with some cool effects to it to battle the army.

Then Marvo shows up. The SMF ranger battle him (using the scene from the extended version), while the veteran rangers fight the army.

Everybody wins. Everybody is happy. Everybody gets a Forever Red type lines at the end. Everybody goes home. Troy wakes up from his dream on the school bus.

PrimoMystechRanger 05/23/15 04:07 PM

Re: Assume everything was the same up until the SMF Finale. How would you rewrite it?

This is easy, have all ten show up BEFORE the main villain dies. That one simple change would have made all the difference, the Ranger army agrees to help take down the X-Borgs so the Super Megaforce can focus their energy and everybody wins.

Playing cleanup duty after they'd worn themselves out was a waste.

maritroniuity 05/23/15 04:07 PM

Re: Assume everything was the same up until the SMF Finale. How would you rewrite it?

In addition to what was said above, refilm the fight with Marvo so that it appears that some of the veteran ranger army are helping the Super Megaforce rangers in that battle.

Dyl 05/23/15 04:07 PM

I would've treated each ranger that returned as if they matttered and no one ranger would get extra treatment than the rest.

Also I would've toned down alot of Tommy's cockiness, his face and the way he spoke just you could tell he thought that he was better than all the rangers.

GUY W/ 1000 NAMES 05/23/15 04:07 PM

Can't do it like that, I'd have to rewrite everything including the finale:

The Mega-War happens in-between the seasons, ending in the R-Wave. The only known survivors are

Andros
Chad
Katie
Ziggy
Kimberly

As a result of the R-Wave, the universe is all jumbled up(seriously, you're think you're walking to the bathroom, but end up in Onyx[may the Power protect your behind]). Thankfully, the assorted veterans find the Star Galleon with the Legendary Morphers which all protects them enough to travel the universe and find the Ranger Keys; which have enough juice in them to put reality back in order.
Also:Fred (Yes, from the non-canon movie; Billy did say it had a certain ring to it, AND has optional Gold Mode).

I'd just use the final battle from Gokaiger.

CheckeredRanger 05/23/15 04:07 PM

I would have made it a two-parter and actually give buildup to the veteran Ranger returns....I would have also had the vets meet with the Rangers in Gosei`s base out-of-suit to discuss a plan of attack.I`d also had done a morph sequence(new or use the original morphs)for the veteran Rangers and the Megaforce Rangers
I would have also had American(and Sentai)footage for the Marvo-Legendary Megazord battle.

big smile 05/24/15 04:07 PM

Changes to Wrath
Orion discovers the Rangers are in danger and so flies back. Marvo sends a ship to destroy him.
With the Rangers lying defeated and separated around the City, the episode ends with Marvo's generals (unused Sentai monsters) arriving to destroy them.

Scene 1: Veteran Rescue
Marvo's generals split up and go to each of the fallen Ranger locations. The veterans split up and arrive just as each of the generals are about to destroy the Rangers.

Each veteran has a quick unmorphed fight before morphing and destroying the generals.

They split up like this:
Wes helps Troy (both reds)
Mike and Emily help Gia (2 yellows)
Dana and Carter help Emma (2 pinks)
Damon, Karone and Leo help Jake (2 greens)
TJ and Cassie help Noah (2 Blue)
White Ranger Tommy helps Orion (2 6ths)

Subtle references are made to the veteran's past. For example, PRLG use Damon as a decoy to distract the generals away. Tommy descends from the sky (as in "White Light") and catches Orion as his ships explodes.

Scene 2: Karone's Plan
Alpha 5 arrives and the veterans group together. They go to the command centre. Alpha uses his tech to rebuild Robo Knight. Karone says she'll pretend to be Astromena and the rangers will wear chains pretending to be her captives. Using the Command Centre's communicator, she will call Marvo and tell him that Astromena is back and wants to do a deal. She'll bring the captives onto his Ship. They can then destroy him.

Scene 3: Marvo's Victory
Marvo uses the communication link to enter the Command Centre, where he attacks the Rangers and Goesi. The Command Centre explodes. Saba uses the remaining White Ranger powers to teleport the Rangers to safety.

Scene 4: Marvo's Challenge
The Rangers and Marvo arrive in the quarry. Marvo has Goesi as his prisoner and is draining his energies, using them to revive all his fallen monsters and multiply his army. He has erected a forcefield to keep the Rangers out. The ranger keys and Super Mega powers were destroyed in the blast, but the Megaforce powers still work. The Rangers group morph.

Scene 5: Veteran Battle (Extended version only)
The Rangers split into their colours fighting along side the Megaforce (with Tommy in Green). They swap their powers. For example, Tommy uses Gold Mode, while Orion uses the Dragon Shield. Gia uses Super Samurai mode, while Emily uses Ultra mode. They defeat the revived monsters, but can't penetrate Marvo's forcefield. Marvo sends an energy pulse knocking the rangers down. He also brings an army of footsolders.

Scene 7: Legends arrive
Jason's power sword flies down glowing in multiple colours. It breaks through Marvo's forcefield. The Rangers turn around and see all the past Rangers walking together. Recycled voice clips are used to let each of the MMPR say a phrase.

Scene 8: Legendary Battle
All the Rangers battle Marvo's footsolders. The Legendary morph battle with Marvo (from Sentai) is used, except instead of being the Goakiger morphin into past rangers, these are the actual past Rangers. Recycled voice clips are used.

Scene 9: Marvo's Defeat (Extend Version Only)
Marvo survives the Ranger attacks and has finished draining Goesi's power. Troy tells Tommy that he knows the Megaforce can defeat Marvo, they just need extra power. Tommy agrees and all the past Rangers link their hands, sending their powers to the Megaforce. The Rangers morph into the SuperMegaforce, but are now glowing with the powers of the past Rangers. They use their canon to destroy Marvo (Sentai footage with glowing effects).

Scene 10: Goesi's farewell
With Marvo destroyed, Goesi's energies are released and pulse through the universe destroying the Armada's forces. The Rangers are sad that Goesi has gone, but the veterans tell them that he will live on in all that is good.

Scene 11: Vetrans in the city (extend version only)
The Veterans hang out in the City (e.g. Juice bar, Jake's soccer pitch, Emma's forrest) before going, giving them a chance to reflect on their lives.

Scene 12: Good bye
The Veterans say good bye to the rangers.

Other
Throughout the episode, the Veteran's dialogue gives hints about what they are doing since being a ranger. We should get a sense of their current lives.

The 2nd Evil 05/24/15 04:07 PM

The Megaforce Rangers use Battlizer Keys to defeat Marvo.

Call me a cheap date, but the Megaforce Rangers turning into Red Ranger Battlizer modes was all I really would want to see that wasn't already present.

big smile 05/24/15 04:07 PM

How I saw it playing out was this:
Astronema would tell Marvo that Dark Spector has revived and has chosen Marvo to be his new Emperor of Evil (a call back to Rita and Astronema who were called Empresses of Evil).

Dark Spector wants Marvo to destroy the Rangers as part of his coronation ceremony.

When Astronema explains her plan, she is wearing her costume. Orion is vary, as his planet was once mercilessly attacked by Astronema. He think she might really be Astronema and this could be a trap. TJ reassures him that Karone is good, which would be a nice call back to Ranger's Leap of Faith. Astronema also talks about her journey to redemption referencing Facing The Past. She mentions that she split with Zhane so she could work on making amends.

In scene 11, Orion tells her that she has redeemed herself and she shouldn't miss out her chance of happiness with Zhane because of her obsession with her past. Karone promises to do so, but only if Orion agrees to let go of his past and be honest with Emma.

TokuConvoy 05/24/15 04:07 PM

After watching Protect the Quasar Saber last night and the only person in Onyx Tavern that knew Astronema was dead was Trakeena and everyone else being scared when she bid on the saber, it wouldn't be too hard to stretch.

SentaiFive 05/24/15 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big smile (Post 66309)
snip

This, absolutely this!!

tavionjackson 05/24/15 04:07 PM

I would've had the the veteran rangers show up right before Orion crash landed back in on Earth. The ten vets and 7 super/megaforce-RoboKnight would've saved himself and Orion not and no false sacrifice would've taken place-all agree that they will fight until the end and they go prepare to do battle with the Armada. All the veteran rangers would've had updated morphs and they would've been fighting X-Borgs while the rangers are going to fight the generals and Mavro. Going into the war, the Super/Megaforce and Vets are together when they see all the thousands of X-Borgs approach the city. Then they hear Jayden say something clichē like "Need Some Help" and all the other legendary rangers appear. Tommy TJ says "took you guys long enough" Tommy ask Troy is he really to lead dozens of rangers into battle,he says yes, they all morph, and the war begins. I personally would've redid the whole war to showcase all the power rangers and has included them all. The final Strike would've been the veteran rangers powering the Super MegaBlaster to finish off the X-Borgs. At the end we see the veteran rangers and Super/Megaforce helping rebuild the city. Tommy tells Jake that Adam also went from a black ranger to green ranger(idk random).

greenranger687 06/06/15 04:07 PM

I would have also brought the veteran rangers in sooner. While the city wakes up in the morning and all the foot soldiers are looking for the power rangers would've been a great spot to have the veteran rangers unmorphed fight without their powers. After this they could all meet gosei and get all the ranger keys. Their power could come from the keys since it is never explained how the veteran rangers were even able to morph.
Then my biggest problem with the finale is the legendary megazord battle... I was waiting for most of the episode and didn't even get to see all the zords come back for one last fight! I know that they got distroyed but if the powers were saved via a key, why can't we stretch that the megazord keys would've been enough to bring back the zords?
Anyways that's what I would have liked to see. More veteran ranger action and a lot of megzords! [emoji1]

MattEmily 06/06/17 04:38 PM

I thought I would bump this thread up so that others could see it.

MattEmily 11/01/17 10:20 PM

well I'd keep things pretty much similar to what we saw in the Legendary Battle except after the Rangers destroy Mavro in the Extended Edition that is when I would change things since he would end up exploding but then his explosion would unleash energy his ships and villains had 'secretly' collected for him throughout Megaforce which allows him to summon some mooks including those from previous seasons and some villains from previous season including Vrak, Sculpin, Venjix, Octoroo, Sharkjaw and Miratrix.

Putties, Super Putties, Z-Putties, Tengas, Cogs, P-trons, Putrid Pods, Quantrons, Swabbies, Batlings, Putrids, Kelzaks, T-drones, Krybots, Orangeheads, Hideaks, Lava Lizards, Chillers, Rinshi, Moogers, Loogies, X-Borgs, Bruisers and Kingsmen.

We see the actual shot of the teams appearing but we see all of the members no matter what so all 7 MMPR, all 6 Zeo, 7 Turbo, etc. before they come down to greet Megaforce as the actors who have returned take their helmets off and make their remarks but before Cassie prompts them to take the lead Tommy adds "Just remember that all of us are fighting with you. This is such an important battle that Time Force and SPD traveled through time and picked up a hitchhiker in the old West." Karone also adds "He's right RPM also crossed dimensions for us. I wasn't always a Ranger but I'm doing this for Kendrix since she had some business to take care of and wasn't able to get out of it without exposing her identity." Cassie then prompts Megaforce to take the lead who morph to Megaforce.

but for the actual Legendary Battle I don't know... yet.