Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   How did Rita end up with the Dragon Coin? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8990)

Super Cena 07/05/20 01:12 AM

How did Rita end up with the Dragon Coin?

It seems odd that she would have it while Zordon had the other five.

Superstatler 07/05/20 01:27 AM

Re: How did Rita end up with the Dragon Coin?

She probably took it from Zordon and kept it until she found a worthy holder.

Zordon Unlimited 07/05/20 01:29 AM

RIta created the coin with help from Lokar. But she used some pure grid energy. This is why the powers could be currupted but also why Tommy could use them for good.

Gosei Gold 07/05/20 01:30 AM

Zordon and Rita both found the power coins at the same time. Zordon escaped with five of the coins but Rita claimed the Dragon Coin.

Inner Senshi 07/05/20 10:08 AM

This was confusing. Because only the forces of good had control over the Power Rangers.

Zordon's Alliance 07/05/20 10:10 AM

There is a fan film prequel featuring Zordon that attempts to fill in the backstory of what happened to the early days of the UAE. Rita was the last of the Dragon Clan. I believe the coin originally belonged to her brother.

DinoThunder Purple 07/05/20 10:13 AM

I took that more as a fan re-imagining. Since there was supposed to be a sequel with the original Power Rangers. It just felt like it was doing its own thing and was inspired by the series.

Massive Ego 07/05/20 10:15 AM

Regardless Fan Fics and Fan Films aren't canon. So they really don't tell us the reason why Rita had the coin.

Rangerlord 07/05/20 10:15 AM

I agree, we can't consider those continuity.

No Green Spandex 07/05/20 10:17 AM

Zordon and Rita both found the coins after the fact. They aren't tied to their personal origins.

Scorpina Returns 07/05/20 10:18 AM

The Dragon Coin was hidden separately. Probably with the Dragonzord. Rita found them after Zordon found his coins. She didn't want Zordon to get too much of an advantage.

Goldar Supreme 07/10/20 08:32 PM

I believe they both found the coins and had a fight,...Zordon got five and Rita one.

Zedd's Rage 07/10/20 08:36 PM

I think Lord Zedd gave her the coin. Which was part of why he was so mad at her in Mutiny. She lost the Dragon Coin. And it was also why he went after Tommy so hard.

Decade Defender 07/11/20 09:47 PM

I always thought she created it using the power of the Dragonzord and the Wizard of Deception.

Miki1988 07/12/20 09:48 AM

Maybe Ninjor created two sets of Dino Coins - ones that come with Ranger suits with sheilds alike that of the Green Ranger and the regular, sheild-less ones. The sheild-less powers were much more stable and for some reason, inaccessible to Rita, which was not the case with the sheild-based version of the powers. Because none of the powers were meant for evil use, Rita's versions of the Dino powers quickly ran out because her evil magic was causing power issues. Since she only experiemnted with the 5 main sheild-based versions of the Dino powers, the Dragon coin from her set remained intact. The other version of the Dragon coin was lost during a battle and was never found, destroyed or was never even made.

Since Ninjor did create all of the power coins, this explaines how are the Dragonzord and the other 5 Dinozords completely compatible for Megazord combinations.

And since Tommy is now in control of the Green Ranger Powers and since there is no more Rita's evil magic, the Dragon coin had returned to full power and its full potential.

Green With Envy 07/12/20 09:56 AM

I really like that idea. It would have been cool to see two separate Ranger teams in action. Even if it was just a flashback.

Another take on that would be that Rita defeated a team of Dragon Rangers and the Green coin was all that was left. Rita took it for her own use later on. The powers were created by Ninjor took, so GreenRanger was compatible with the five coins on Earth.