Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Tommy in Saban MMPR Movie Universe (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7725)

Bandai Guy 01/23/17 03:56 PM

Tommy in Saban MMPR Movie Universe

I know Tommy isn't in the new movie. But I wonder if he should be left out of the new franchise. Its going to be hard to come up with a new character that lives up to the old. They created Tommy by accident. He was never supposed to become as popular as he did. He wasn't even really a permanent cast member. With Rjta apparently having the green coin in the movie, it mught be better off to not adapt Tommy in future sequels. You can't recreate "Green With Evil" anyway.

A Gia To Remember 01/23/17 04:05 PM

Re: Tommy in Saban MMPR Movie Universe

I really want to see Tommy in the new Movie Series.

Todd Oliver 01/23/17 04:07 PM

Not only can you recreate "Green With Evil". You can make an even better movie version of it. They would be crazy not to debut a new Tommy if they get more movies.

Tommy Hater 01/23/17 04:10 PM

Yes! Please don't inflict Tommy into the new universe. One Tommy was enough..We donr need another one taking over the new movies. And it would come off as forced anyway .

PRangerX 01/23/17 04:17 PM

I would guess a theoretical sequel would include some version of Tommy. There is some validity to the idea it will be hard to recreate the Tommy Insanity we saw in MMPR. Or whatever you want to call it. It is interesting if Rita does have Green Ranger Coin in her staff like has been assumed.

Bratty Katty 01/23/17 05:18 PM

Tommy would most likely be messed up by the Producers of this movie.. Not that this thing is getting a sequel.

Zordon's Heroes 01/23/17 05:55 PM

How do we know that? We haven't even seen the first movie? The trailers.all look good to me anyway.

Kimberly Cares 01/23/17 06:57 PM

They have to do a Tommy if there is a second movie. They should have introduced him in this one.

RJ Wolf Ranger 01/23/17 11:18 PM

I don't think Tommy will be the same. And I don't think he will have to carry the whole franchise like JDF had to. They seem to be going with more of an assemble thing. And I doubt the new Tommy will be able to carry the franchise on his own. There is only one Jason David Frank after-all.

KimandTommy 01/23/17 11:20 PM

They really should have just done something set in continuity with the original cast or their characters kids. Tommy should always be Jason David Frank. No new Tommy will capture people's imaginations.