Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Wes joining the Silver Guardians (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8128)

Reinforcements From The Failures 10/22/17 06:49 PM

Wes joining the Silver Guardians

As bad as the season was and such a screw up Wes was...I never thought they would be stupid enough to have Wes join the SIlver Guardians. It made his whole arch mute, as he spent all season refusing to join. Not to mention I would never have even recruited him if I was Mr. Collins.

MattEmily 10/22/17 06:52 PM

Re: Wes joining the Silver Guardians

the whole point of why he was refusing to join them is because the Silver Guardians was a business who would only protect those that paid for their services but in the finale Mr. Collins changed that.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 10/22/17 07:00 PM

Its likely Collins just said that to get Wes to sign on. But id didn't mattee once SPD forcibly took it from Biolabs.

Outer Sailor 10/22/17 07:28 PM

Matt is right, Wes joined because his dad agreed to protect the city for free. He just didn't like the money aspect. Plus his issues with Eric were finished and he wanted to team with him.

Massive Ego 10/22/17 07:34 PM

He joined on his terms. Whats so bad about that?

Putty On The Brain 10/22/17 07:44 PM

Wes should have wound up with Jen. TF was dark enough. Tommy and Kim would have been allowed to stay together. The same if it were Tommy and Kat.

Itzy Bitzy Carter 10/22/17 07:51 PM

Wes seemed like a bit of a Crybaby and hypocrite. But not as much of a whiner as Carter.

Lord Jedite 10/22/17 10:29 PM

I think Wes should have went to the future with the rest of the team. The future was already changed a bunch of times. And Wes was supposed to die before Jen's team returned to help him in the finale.

VR Forever 10/22/17 10:58 PM

The whole finale was just rushed and this was another aspect of it. I didn't like how Wes and Eric were suddenly friends either.

Diabolico Rising 10/23/17 10:58 AM

He never would have joined if Mr Collins didn't change the rules or allow Eric to be his equal.

Smarty Pants Rose 10/23/17 11:12 AM

Wes joining the Silver Guardians made perfect sense. I am just glad Wes and Jen didn't selfishly stay teogethwr in the past.

MMPR Forever 10/23/17 02:31 PM

I didn't find many characters to be really likeable here. Including Wes, Eric, Mr Collins, and all of his Silver Guardians. I only really liked Trip.

PRangerX 10/23/17 04:42 PM

I wanted Wes to end up with Jen. But I also see where it made their love story and the the ending of Time Force itself more dramatic. I think it could have been explained better. Since Jen and Wes having to separate is a contradiction to the whole making your own destiny theme.

Ultra Fan Blue 10/23/17 04:59 PM

I always wanted Lucas and Jen to stay behind and become a Silver Gaurdians. Wes and Eric could have gone to the future. Since I think Jen and Lucas should have got together.

VR Forever 10/28/17 09:16 PM

Wes joining a more civic friendly version of the Silver Guardians made perfect sense. It brought Wes and Eric's characters full circle in the end.

MattEmily 10/28/17 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 67983)
I wanted Wes to end up with Jen. But I also see where it made their love story and the the ending of Time Force itself more dramatic. I think it could have been explained better. Since Jen and Wes having to separate is a contradiction to the whole making your own destiny theme.

Chip hated that ending he wanted Wes and Jen to end up together and I guess
SPOILER:
he had plans of fixing that somehow due to inviting Faunt and Erin to come for Ninja Steel but sadly it didn't work out

Timelord Tommy 10/28/17 10:42 PM

Wow that would have been awesome!

PRangerX 10/28/17 10:45 PM

I was aware of Judd's feelings. Didn't know about his plans for Steel. While I still contend their separation makes it more dramtic. The Jen/Wes shipper in me wishes that it was happening.

Ninja Steel Ranger 10/28/17 10:46 PM

I don't think they should waste too much time on past Ranger teams.

Massive Ego 10/28/17 10:47 PM

I have to admit that it would have been cool to see. At least Judd still had more in the tank than his run on Neo Saban has shown.

Timelord Tommy 10/29/17 07:53 PM

I think the time stream would have been disrupted if they stayed together. You can change your destiny but not alter history to the point where one or two people permanently cross time. I suppose Lynn would have come up with a way around the timeholes. Which I would have been all for.

Blastr Zack 10/29/17 08:20 PM

Yes, this was weak to me. His ending line was so cheesy. Wes should have said good bye to Eric and Mr. Collins...And decide to join his friends in the future at the last minute.