Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   VR Troopers Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Kaitlyn's Twin (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7783)

PRangerX 02/23/17 11:54 AM

Kaitlyn's Twin

One thing about the episode felt off. After the Ryan turns the double to good, why is she so exited about going back to being a reflection in the end? And why do the other Troopers insist on this? It just seems like the elephant. And no one cares. It was only by pure luck that the clone gained the ability to separate during fights.

Captain Codfish 02/23/17 12:00 PM

Re: Kaitlyn's Twin

Yeah it is weird logic. But you got to give it to them for coming up with such an interesting concept to account for the Toku Footage. I will say that scene between Ryan where Ryan convinces Kaitlyn 2 to switch sides was amazing. Probably the best written scene of the series.

Usagi Reborn 02/23/17 12:01 PM

They should have just hired a reoccurring guest star to be the Fourth Trooper.

Inner Senshi 02/23/17 12:01 PM

I would have liked to have seen a few more Troopers.

Massive Ego 02/23/17 12:03 PM

Who would have though the same guy who made season 2 of VR Troopers so good went on to write the abomination that was Ninja Storm. And not to mention the beyond craptastic DinoThunder.

Zabitan 02/23/17 12:31 PM

I agree it would have been cool if they just hired a different person to play a new Trooper.

My guess they didn't want to pay all the money it would cost to have another Trooper just for what was essentially a new version of an existing character.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 64529)
Who would have though the same guy who made season 2 of VR Troopers so good went on to write the abomination that was Ninja Storm. And not to mention the beyond craptastic DinoThunder.

Doug Sloan? I think he was only there for the first season but left after Quest For Power.

Hailey Hartford 02/23/17 01:22 PM

She isn't a twin. She is a clone. I remember the 2 part episode you are talking about.

MattEmily 02/23/17 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Ego (Post 64529)
Who would have though the same guy who made season 2 of VR Troopers so good went on to write the abomination that was Ninja Storm. And not to mention the beyond craptastic DinoThunder

Ninja Storm wasn't the best but it wasn't an abomination. I disagree with you about DinoThunder since it wasn't craptastic at all in fact it was one of the better seasons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 64533)
Doug Sloan? I think he was only there for the first season but left after Quest For Power.

I don't know if he left the show and if he did then it would've been sometime after those episodes since they were the last ones that he wrote that were credited to him.

Goldar's Revenge 02/26/17 01:14 PM

Actually, Sloan was brought in for season 2 and is responsible for a lot of the elements that made the series better. Season 2 is a breath of fresh air. In that it has original villains sets, ditches the overused lost father plot, and really feels more alive than season 1.

I'm not going to defend Ninja Storm. But its not as bad as Ego makes it out to be or a reflection of Sloan's overall ability as a writer. He is one of the show' best. He even tried to make Ninja Storm better in its final run. And succeeded with DinoThunder.

PRangerX 02/26/17 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hailey Hartford (Post 64534)
She isn't a twin. She is a clone. I remember the 2 part episode you are talking about.

Right. I didn't mean she was literally a twin.