Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   The Overdrive Pink Ranger doesn't fit in. (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=2110)

Guy 03/12/07 02:09 PM

The Overdrive Pink Ranger doesn't fit in.

If you think about it, all the other rangers had abilities that they already had put into "overdrive", while Pink Ranger gained an extra ability, invisibility, that a normal human didn't originally have.

It's like this.

Red Ranger already had physical strength, but now it's gone into overdrive.

Yellow Ranger could already run, but now it's gone into overdrive.

Black Ranger already had senses, but now it's gone into overdrive.

Blue Ranger could already jump, but now it's gone into overdrive.

How come instead of invisibility, they just let her genius go into overdrive? I'm sure the Japaneses version is different, but I can't see why they could give this Pink Ranger a different ability to fit the sub-title.

PRangerX 03/13/07 02:31 PM

The powers seem to diffinitly be based off the Ranger's jobs or abilities. Obviously Ronny's speed is more inspired by her driving and desire to drive fast vichules. Rose being invisible does seem to stick out a bit, but maybe it will become more clear as time goes on.

SkataPunkA7X 03/13/07 03:34 PM

It says in her bio, and will probably be shown later in the show, that she learned everything from books, classes, etc. It says that she never had many friends because it's the one thing she couldn't learn from a book.

She probably "felt invisible". I don't know, that's kind of a stretch.

Oh, and The Virginian is right, the powers are really just showing off the FX department.

MattEmily 01/23/13 12:55 PM

Re: The Overdrive Pink Ranger doesn't fit in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 33768)
If you think about it, all the other rangers had abilities that they already had put into "overdrive", while Pink Ranger gained an extra ability, invisibility, that a normal human didn't originally have.

It's like this.

Red Ranger already had physical strength, but now it's gone into overdrive.

Yellow Ranger could already run, but now it's gone into overdrive.

Black Ranger already had senses, but now it's gone into overdrive.

Blue Ranger could already jump, but now it's gone into overdrive.

How come instead of invisibility, they just let her genius go into overdrive? I'm sure the Japaneses version is different, but I can't see why they could give this Pink Ranger a different ability to fit the sub-title.

You do have a point in regards to the civilian powers and Rose's power not being in line with the others however they probably didn't want her intelligence to go into overdrive because she already knew everything so what would be the point?

Also in regards to the Japanese version, they don't use civilian powers.