Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Bulk and Skull overrated? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8188)

Usagi Reborn 11/18/17 08:11 AM

Bulk and Skull overrated?

I think they were pretty annoying. In the old episodes the plot would always have to take a break for their antics. It would be especially annoying during a two parter where time was wasted on their B Plot. Their yearly quests didn't make them much better since those got repetitive quickly . Samurai shows how they were overrated by Nostalgia. Which is why "Forever Red" smartly only gave them a cameo.

PRangerX 11/18/17 08:14 AM

Re: Bulk and Skull overrated?

I do remember always being annoyed when the two parters took time away from the main plot for them. But I do see their value as characters. Especially with their development. Look at how heroic Bulk and Skull were in "Countdown". Samurai just made the mistake of not showing that more mature Bulk.

Bandora's Ghost 11/18/17 11:45 AM

They were fine. They just overused them in MMPR. After that it wasn't that bad.

Lion Tamer Org 11/18/17 12:00 PM

I think the series just outgrew them.

Sentai Is Forever 11/18/17 06:07 PM

Of course, there was plenty of comic relief in Zyuranger they would have been better off adapting. And if future series didn't have it, that means AS shouldn't have it.

Forever Lame 11/18/17 09:03 PM

Their cameo in Forever Red was so unneeded.

Maligore 11/18/17 10:34 PM

Saban was too cheap to produce more scenes so he cheaped out with Bulk and Skull.

Hailey Ziktor 11/20/17 08:54 AM

I thought they were very funny and good every main characters. They also got a lot of character development. The copycats never get it right. Which is why Cassidy ane Devin took a different turn during DinoThunder.

Racecar Ronny 11/20/17 11:44 AM

I thought they were very funny. I think Power Rangers should always have two comic relief characters like them.

Pretty Kimmy 11/20/17 11:55 AM

They made those two parters really fun. The actors were comedic geniuses.