Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Sailor Moon Kingdom (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   One problem with Viz dub (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6057)

Primal Slayer 12/13/14 11:56 AM

One problem with Viz dub

I just wish that Viz would've given us some original music like the DIC dub did.

B-Kun 12/13/14 12:00 PM

Re: One problem with Viz dub

That kinda would've gone against their mission statement. Anyone who actually expected something along those lines really didn't pay attention when they said That kinda would've gone against their mission statement. Anyone who actually expected something along those lines really didn't pay attention when they said they were going for as accurate a dub as they could. :/ were going for as accurate a dub as they could. :/

Ocean Blue 12/13/14 12:03 PM

While I think the DiC dub had some nice music in some places (though it has NOTHING on Arisawa Takanori's legendary score), replacing background music and vocal inserts in anime is generally an artifact of dubbing practices from the 90s and 80s (and earlier, as well). It's not at all how things are done today, and I can assure you that if a modern big anime title had its music changed during the dubbing process, the fans would go insane and the distributing company would probably experience a blow to profits

Primal Slayer 12/13/14 04:36 PM

No one expected anything, that's why it's a wish. They still could've given us translated songs, and seeing how they take liberties at time with dialogue I don't think it would've been a big deal. And there is still room to improve where you do it just to make it better, like the attacks are dreadful.

I'm cool with the new dub, but doesn't mean I cant wish for it to be the best of the best.

Just like with Crystal, people want to use "it's following the manga more closely" as an easy way out of them not improving on some things even though they have changed things up to a certain extent.
Primal Slayer is online now Report Post