Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Central (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Saban's own original PR concepts (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=5315)

PRdude 06/04/01 08:33 PM

Saban's own original PR concepts

6/5/01

The types of things that Saban has made for PR on his own are things such as:
villains: Lord Zedd, Divatox, Astronema
weapons: Titanium Laser/Ax, Mega Batte Weapons, Chrono Blasters
armor: Metallic Armor, Red Battlized Armor, Red Armored Power Ranger
vehicles: Shark Cycles, Mobile Armored Vehicle, Vector Cycles
allies: Alpha 5, Zordon, Dimitria
headquarters/fortresses: Zedd's fortress, Subcraft, Lightspeed Aquabase
ranger: Titanium Ranger

The only thing that he hasn't made on his own was a Zord. Do you guys think he'd ever do that? Do you guys think he should? I wouldn't count the Ninja Ultrazord and Shogun Ultrazord, since I'm actually referring to individual Zords, and not conglomerate Zords. There was a Silver Titanus carrier Zord in the PRIS toy line, but that never even appeared in the show, so I'm not sure if I'd count that either.

Emerald Phantom 06/04/01 08:33 PM

Re: Saban's own original PR concepts

Saban also came up with the Silver Ranger's rover which was used as Vypra's vehicle in Lightspeed.

The White Ranger also got a new morpher technically. The White Ranger was used with the Zyurangers, although he was in Dairanger. He earned the gold morpher and coin. In Dairanger, I think he used his sword (Saba in PR) and the same morpher as the other Dairangers (which was used as Magna Defender's morpher in Lost Galaxy).

PRdude 06/04/01 08:33 PM

Okay. I was aware of the things that you mentioned. I just didn't use those as examples. I thought about the White Ranger's morpher too, but I just wasn't sure about it, even though it was another color.

Jason38UK 06/04/01 08:33 PM

I thought the Galactic Rover was based on a vehicle used in Sentai.
I'm positive I've seen a Sentai picture of it; however it was red coloured as opposed to silver.
NOTE : I'm not 100% sure - it was ages ago.
I think I also a pic of the Blue Senturion with a wife and child - again these were both ages ago so I'm entirely sure if I'm recalling it correctly ...

zeogold4 06/04/01 08:33 PM

Actually, the Shark Cycles were sentai. They were used for the Kakuranger series (Alien Rangers in US). They were just used for our Rangers. And I always thought that Zedd's palace was the same palace as Rita's, he just used a different chamber. And there are other villains you forgot: Dark Spectre, Scorpius, Trakeena, Ransik.

ZeoGold 06/04/01 08:33 PM

Yes the Shark Cycles were used in Kakuranger, but Saban had his own design of them.

Plus I didn't forget about others that you mentioned zeogold4. I was only going to use no more than three examples for each group.

Eric Myers 06/04/01 08:33 PM

He did have to make a Pink cycle. and I was thinking last nite, why there wasn't a a pink shogan zord but a pink ninja zord. But i figured it out, there wasn't a pink ninja zord in the alian sentai version, it was just a white crain with like pink on it. and saban being as cheap as he is just turned it into a pink one. And do you guys remember the reason why there wasn't a pink shogan zord? was it b-cuz her powers were running low? But that wouldn't make scence b-cuz rito found the shogan zords in the forest. So what was the real reason?

Frax2001AD 06/04/01 08:33 PM

The storyline in the tv of y there was no pink shougun zord was cuz kim lost her coin.

RockyRed 06/04/01 08:33 PM

Regarding Tommy's morpher, you guys said that the white morpher was gold, but it wasn't it was metalic. The Green Ranger had the gold colored morpher (only when morphed though, during the morphing squence it was the normal metalic) And when he was using the Falcon power coin, his morpher was metallic. So are you guys refering to The white ranger's belt? cause that was gold, but it wasn't a morpher.

TimeShadow001 06/04/01 08:33 PM

The Galactic Rover is sentai orginal, Saban did what he did with the Dai Ranger Morpher the Rover was used in one of the old Sentai Series it was Maskman i think or Bio Man near that, the Green Rangers Power morpher was Gold the White Rangers was a more of a Metallic kind of look

OT:Its me TimeShadow001