Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   General Fandom Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Power Rangers Legacy Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6055)

PRangerX 12/13/14 01:04 AM

Power Rangers Legacy Discussion

Discuss the Ghost Ranger's Power Rangers Legacy here.

http://pro-board.org/showthread.php?t=6049

PRangerX 12/20/14 11:53 AM

Re: Power Rangers Legacy Discussion

i finally had a chance to start reading. I finished Chapter One.I like how the characters play off of each other. Its interesting to have the new girl from another country. Too early for me to judge the villains. But a nice start.

Only problem I have is I think the teens took care of the grunts too easily. There not Power Rangers yet. They should have had more trouble. Also they didn't react enough to it. Like it was normal for them to be attacked by creatures.

Turbo Guy 12/20/14 04:55 PM

Re: Power Rangers Legacy

Maybe they were just that good at martial arts?

The Ghost Ranger 12/20/14 06:01 PM

I was wanting to establish that even without powers, they could handle themselves

PRangerX 12/20/14 09:23 PM

I see, just would have like to have seen the sequence be a bit longer with them having more trouble at first. But overall a good first chapter. The characterization is very strong so far.

PRangerX 12/23/14 01:23 PM

Just read Chapter 2. It was pretty fun. I continue to like the Rangers' personalities.It was fun watching them use the Mighty Morphing Powers. I like how they explained how the Morphing Grid was balenced by the threat to the Earth. Ghost Ranger is interesting. Pretty unique having a Sixth start with the team. We got to see more of the villains. Looking forward to
geting more of their characterization. Spike as a Ranger should be entertaining. I suspect Jake is Ghost Ranger. The story felt like an episode of Power Rangers

Why did Diane know about Spike being around the Samurai Rangers? I thought that was kinda wierd. Interesting how Vanessa got so much focus in chapter 1 but not much in 2. But this is an esemble story and this was an episode designed to see everything up.

The Ghost Ranger 12/25/14 11:34 PM

I chalked that up to them meeting Spike back in sophomore year or so and he bragged about seeing the rangers. I should warn you, the stories are going to have lots of spelling mistakes or grammar inconsistonsies.

PRangerX 12/25/14 11:36 PM

Ah I see. Thanks for the warning I'll try to watch out.

PRangerX 12/25/14 11:51 PM

Just read chapter 3. More of any action based episode. I like how they used the Legacy Megazord and Thunder Megazord. Why did they become Alien Rangers when they formed Legacy? Interesting tkosee Ghost become White and use the Tigerzord. I'm interested to see more background on the villains.

The Ghost Ranger 12/26/14 08:23 PM

The reason for the Alien Rangers is I wanted to make sure each season (or mini season in their case) gets representation.

Astronema 12/28/14 09:46 PM

I'm looking foward to the chapter with the Space powers.

The Ghost Ranger 12/29/14 02:17 AM

I hope I did them justice for you, Astronema.

PRangerX 12/29/14 12:38 PM

Just read the Zeo chapter. I like the way the Zeo Crystal was added to the plot. We also got more characterizations between the Rangers in civlian form. I liked the inclusion of the Zeo Zords. We are getting to know Jake more and more. I suspect he is Ghost Ranger and the son of Billy. I like the Sam Truehart stuff and the tribute to his actor and Eric Frank.

I do wish the villains had more time to be fleshed out. They are kind of one demensional so far. Why did the Rangers need the Zeo Crystal to go Zeo? Aren't they able to morph knto any Ranger team anyway?

The Ghost Ranger 12/29/14 04:50 PM

It was more of a power boost then anything else. I just wanted it to be a tribute to the Zeo season as well as the actors. Hence Spike saying 'I feel stronger then before!'

The Ghost Ranger 01/07/15 02:30 AM

Looks like we lost a few days of posting from here x.x Where is everyone chapter wise?

PRangerX 01/07/15 04:51 PM

Yeah we had a database issue and I had to change hosts. The back up was from last week so we lost a few days of posts. The posts could still be recovered if the old hosts resolves its issue.

Due to the downtime, I wasn't able to read anything new. So I am still at Turbo.

Phantom Stranger 01/07/15 11:19 PM

I just read the first chapter. Not a bad start. Need to read a few chapers to fully judge it.

The Ghost Ranger 01/11/15 01:03 PM

My only real regret about the series as a whole is I feel like I kinda pulled a Super MegaForce. For a lot of chapters, they didn't earn the right to use the past powers.

PRangerX 01/11/15 01:10 PM

I could see where it was easiy to get caught in that trap. I am gonna start reading again. The site trouble just got me out of my rythem.

PRangerX 01/12/15 06:26 PM

Finally read the Space Chapter. Another busy episode. I was surprised the Jake reveal came now. I like that he is officially part of the.team. And the clues were there throughout that he was Gray Range r. It will be interesting to see who Black Phantom is. Does he have anything to do with Phantom Ranger? Is he aligned with the current villains? Its gonna be interesting to see the past between him and Grey Ranger. I like how he could turn into Ecliptor.

It was nice to see the Space Powers again. But I wish we could have seen more of them. Not much else not to like in this one.

Astronema 01/12/15 07:09 PM

I think the Space Chapter should have been a two parter.

Turbo Guy 01/12/15 08:44 PM

It was cool reading the Turbo chapter since thats my favorite season. I like how the powers meant something and were used to defeat the villain. Since a lot of times people make fun of Turbo. I am glad you did it justice.

The Ghost Ranger 01/13/15 01:03 AM

Astronema, I had thought of that, but I wanted to keep the story to twenty chapters, and make sure each season got represented. I know its short power use wise, but I wanted to make sure they kicked butt when using the Space Powers.

Turbo Guy, I am happy you enjoyed chapter five

Astronema 01/13/15 05:50 PM

I could see where it would be tough to fit all that in.

Summer Is Rich 01/16/15 01:00 PM

I like how you introduced the mexican Ranger to the team. It was cool to get aspects of the spanish culture. Plus being a Ranger from another country hasn't been done since Kat.

PRangerX 01/16/15 04:51 PM

Just got done with the Galaxy chapter. I like how it focused on Spike. We got some great team dynamic moments here. Also a ton of character development for Spike. I like how C2D was referenced. It was cool that Spike got to save the day and proved he was a good Ranger. Its interesting that Jake fully accepted him finally.

So Black Phantom really is working with the villains. It was interesting how he attacked with the main general this time. More will come out with Black Phantom and Jake's backstory.

Only thing that confused me was the battlizer. Where did it come from. Usually its something that is built or the Rangers attain through reaching a new Power Level. Did Spike get the battlizer because he reached a new power level? Much like Conner in DinoThunder.

Spike Hart 01/17/15 01:37 PM

Spike as a Power Ranger is a pretty cool idea. I like the character development that could potentially go into that. I've read up to the Zeo chapter so far, but it sounds like Spike gets some more character development in the Galaxy Chapter. From what PRX says.

It was cool seeing the Zeo Crystal help the Rangers defeat the baddies. I wonder if it will have any lasting effects?

The Ghost Ranger 01/17/15 04:33 PM

PRX, the battleizers are kind of like DNA Digivolving from Digimon Season 2. When the Digidestined (or Ranger in this case) understands what is important to them, they unlock their new power, the Battleizer.

PRangerX 01/17/15 06:53 PM

Ah I was starting to think that was the case. It made more sense once I remembered about Conner basically doing the same thing in DT. Of course I thought of it in the middle of my post and mentioned it lol.

Astronema 01/20/15 02:41 PM

The Lost Galaxy chapter helped to make up for there only being one Space chapter. But I am biased because I love the space seasons. Spike is shaping up to be a cool character. I am amazed at how much of a hero he was here.

Captain Codfish 01/20/15 02:42 PM

Spike with a battlizer? I have to start reading this fic.

PRangerX 01/20/15 06:02 PM

The lightspeed chapter is more good stuff. So much happened and it was balenced out well. One thing I like about this story is that it seems to get better and better. There was plenty of action in this one. But the plot was also really advanced here.

I liked the apearance of the Lightspeed Rangers here. It was handled perfectly and really set up the Rangers using their powers later. I'm glad they explained why their was a new Aquabase. If Terra Venture can be built in a year thats plenty of time to build a new Aquabase.

The reveal of the Dark Phantom Ranger reveal was interesting and makes where this is going interesting. Especially with her relationship to Jake. We also got some good introspection from Jake.

I was a little nervous when Jake had two fight the monster and Phantom at once. But he got knocked around pretty bad until the others were able to help him. I think one of the good things about this series is that the fan made characters are well written and not treated like Mary Sue characters.

The Ghost Ranger 01/20/15 09:06 PM

Thats a big problem I had when I first wrote fanfics back when I was young; my OC was a badass who always saved the day and always did things right. This is why I like Jake; He's a leader, but he has issues, he wants friends, but is afraid to have any, and he is worried about letting the team down.

PRangerX 01/20/15 10:51 PM

Yeah he doesn't just save the day and act like a god. Thats a problem a lot of fic writers run into. Glad you didn't.

Zord Commander 01/25/15 03:24 PM

I've only read the first few chapters. I am concerned about Ghost Ranger. But from reading the spoilers looks like I have nothing to worry about. I am surprised Spike became a Ranger. But there have been plenty of comical Rangers. So this is supposed to replace Super Megaforce in the PRU right?

Captain Codfish 01/25/15 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ghost Ranger (Post 50349)
The reason for the Alien Rangers is I wanted to make sure each season (or mini season in their case) gets representation.

You could have got away with not using the Aliens, since they were more allies than a core Ranger team. But I also have no problem with you using them. Just that it wasn't 100 percent neccessary. But I guess the plan here is to represent every power so you don't lose anything anyway.

PRangerX 01/25/15 03:41 PM

I like the style you used in the Time Force chapter. It was different and worked. We got a episode long battle and flashbacks to Jake telling the Rangers his story. I really liked that approach.

It was nice to see Legacy Pink and Legacy Yellow be heroes in this episode. Since we haven't had much of them standing out for awhile. I'm glad Black Phantom kicked their but at first to make it a real fight.

Jake's story is pretty amazing. I see you thought this out and made the origin story really tie into the PRU. Its interesting hearing about the Proto Rangers and Phantom's turn to darkness. Does she have anything to do with the real Phantom Ranger? Its good you had a pay off to all the mystery with Jake.

I do wonder how Zordon created the MMPR Rangers if Ninjor Created the coins? Also it would have been nice to get more of the girl's friendship established in earlier episodes. Since they haven't done much together on their own until now.

The Ghost Ranger 01/25/15 06:43 PM

Zord Commander- yes its supposed too, think of this as the season after Samurai, and MF/SMF being in an RPM style alternate reality.

Captain- I can see your point on them being allies, but I always considered them a true team based on the fact that they got their own shoe title, theme song, Morph, etc. Plus SMF only showed the Black AR and nothing else until the extended finale. My goal for the story was to make sure every single ranger team got some sort of representation.

PRX- Yeah, looking back on it I realized I should have done more with them bonding, but I thought it would be a cool way for them to get their battleizers. I'm glad you liked the Time Force Chapter.

Zord Commander 01/25/15 11:41 PM

An interesting premise than. Just read the Zeo Chapter. I was surprised to see the Zeo Crystal show up. Since I figured that the Rangers would just turn into Zeo Rangers on their own. The Zeo Crystal should give them even more power.

Astronema 01/25/15 11:42 PM

Wow! Didn't expect Jake to have such a cool backstory and for it to stretch out all the way back to Zordon. Also Dark Phantom is quickly becoming a cool villain.