Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Jen's Revenge (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8950)

Time Force Rules 06/09/20 10:50 PM

Jen's Revenge

It was an exciting episode and a great character peace for Jen. It was so powerful watching Wes talk Jen down from killing FatCatFish. But there is just one major problem. Jen shouldn't have been so mad at the monster that she would have killed him. It was Ransik that should have got that treatment. And when he almost did in the finale, Jen already knew Alex was alive.

Countdown to Destruction 06/09/20 10:52 PM

Re: Jen's Revenge

At least they did do a big scene in the episode where she does go after Ransik. I think they just couldn't have her take down the big bad so easily in the first few episodes. It is strange to see her get so mad at the mutant though. I could see her being mad that he almost killed them in the past. But not to the point where she would kill.

KimandTommy 06/09/20 10:53 PM

Jen should have lost her morpher for her recklessness. Zordon would have never let her morph again!

PRangerX 06/09/20 10:56 PM

I really enjoyed the episode. But that part did feel off for the reasons the op lists. Of course its a holdover from Timeranger. Since the source episode had the mutant guilty of killing TimePink's family in the past. Thats probably why they used it as the Jen tries to get revenge on Ransik episode. Since in her case Ransik was the one that wronged her. They just used the same footage of Yuri trying to kill the mutant. Its a powerful scene but does feel less powerful since you know it should have been Ransik being the one she threatened to kill.

Goldar's Revenge 06/09/20 10:58 PM

Time Force always suffered due to its constant need to bend to the Sentai. Even in the first ten episodes, which were mostly original, they really made things odd by adapting the Yuri storyline to Jen. It was deffinitly a well acted episode. It just would have made far more sense if Fatcatfish killed Alex. But that would have bee counterproductive...Removing the main villain as the murderer for as monster of the week.

VR Master 06/09/20 10:59 PM

Perhaps they should have just had the mutant have killed her family. That way it makes sense. And being mad at Ransik only makes it easier for those feelings to come out when she sees Fatcatfish,

Time Force Traitor 06/09/20 11:02 PM

I don't think it is confusing at all. She was really mad after failing to get revenge on Ransik. The mutant showed up when she was already angry. And to make matters worse , the mutant tried to kill Alex and herself at one point. This brought all her anger over what happened to Alex to the surface and made her want to kill the mutant.

Time Force Rules 06/09/20 11:03 PM

It makes you wonder if Wes would have been able to talk her out of killing Ransik, if he was in FatCatfish's place.

WesJen 06/09/20 11:05 PM

In her mind she directed all her anger at Fatcatfish, it wasn't a rational decision. Thats why Wes had to talk her out of it. And to her credit she listened.

Wesley Smallings 06/09/20 11:06 PM

I think it would have been better if Jen made her own decision to spare the mutant. I can't buy Wes being the voice of reason.