Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Why was Kim able to give the Pink Powers away without The Sword Of Light? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6330)

MattEmily 12/06/17 07:58 PM

Re: Why was Kim able to give the Pink Powers away without the power sword?

It's a bit of both.

1. It was just Kimberly transferring her power whereas the last transfer we had 3 Rangers doing so all at once.
2. Kimberly was no longer bonded to her Ninja Coin so the Coin didn't need to bond to Kat.

Astro Omega 12/07/17 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 69985)
It's a bit of both.

1. It was just Kimberly transferring her power whereas the last transfer we had 3 Rangers doing so all at once.
2. Kimberly was no longer bonded to her Ninja Coin so the Coin didn't need to bond to Kat.

That seems like the best way to sum it up. Other than the
production team flying by the seat of their pants and making things up as they went a long lol.

No Green Spandex 12/07/17 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countdown to Destruction (Post 69984)
I think its just as simple as the powers working differently.The Ninja Powers were easier to transfer.

I think most of us thought something was up when Jason, Trini, and Zack suddenly got new voices.

MattEmily 12/07/17 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro Omega (Post 69988)
That seems like the best way to sum it up. Other than the
production team flying by the seat of their pants and making things up as they went a long lol.

not to mention we can also go by what Zordon said too but keep in mind that this was the first transfer that involved Zack, Trini and Jason

Quote:

Here's the short conversation after Zordon said that a power transfer must be carried out, Tommy had asked "Is it possible?" and Zordon replied with "It is possible but very difficult, because of the enormous amounts of power required, the transfer can only be achieved in one place, you must travel to the Deserted Planet."
see the bolded and underlined parts? that tells us that the Sword was only needed because of how much power they needed to transfer.

Gosei Gold 12/07/17 06:40 PM

Interesting find, so perhaps the Dino Powers could have been passed on the same way as Kim to Kat, if it was just one. The morphing grid seems sensitive with stuff like that.

Turbo Black 12/07/17 06:41 PM

Im surprised the Turbo Ranges didn't need the Sword of Light when those powers were passed.

Phantom Stranger 12/07/17 06:42 PM

The Turbo Powers were tottally different and like apples amd oranges to the first two powers. For one thing they didn't even invovle power coins. They were based off a whole different technology and nothing to do wkth Ninjor.

Massive Ego 12/07/17 06:48 PM

The powers just being differenr has to be the answer here. It just seems like the mlst obvious answer.

Ninja Kat 12/07/17 06:50 PM

Although this has me thinking about the time Kat rescued the Coin. Right before she becomes. Ranger and was held hostage by the big bads. I think touching the coin might have bonded herself to it. Which made it easy for Kim to just fully relinquish the powers to her by will.

Blank Ranger 12/07/17 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Kat (Post 70025)
Although this has me thinking about the time Kat rescued the Coin. Right before she becomes. Ranger and was held hostage by the big bads. I think touching the coin might have bonded herself to it. Which made it easy for Kim to just fully relinquish the powers to her by will.

So almost like the coin choose Kat as Kim's replacement before she did herself?