Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Did Rita create the Mystic Realm? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7664)

Rita's Pita 12/26/16 02:11 PM

Did Rita create the Mystic Realm?

Since she became Mystic Mother did she create the whole Realm?

Sailor Moon Ranger 12/26/16 02:17 PM

Re: Did Rita create the Mystic Realm?

Thats a great idea!

Superstatler 12/26/16 09:22 PM

I think she was just originally from there before she turned bad.

Dayu's Tears 12/26/16 09:32 PM

I just don't see Rita having this kind of power. Its odd that she wound up as Mystic Mother. I really think they weren't too worried about it making sense. Its a shame since PR has a tight continuity.

Cassidy Casablancas 12/26/16 09:36 PM

I just thought it was cool having her back. I am sure there is a good reason we didn't see on screen for why she is Mystic Mother. Anything is possible with magic.

Mesagog Lives 12/27/16 10:20 AM

She didn't seem powerful enough to do this. It made no sense based on what happened to the character in Space. The MMPR nostalgia didn't work on me since I didn't watch all of MMPR. And watched it long after the fact.

Jungle Fury Master 12/27/16 10:45 AM

Rita created the Mystic Realm after Countdown. The time went by faster, seconds in the pru were thousands of years in the realm. Time somehow synched up in real time with the PRU once Nick was brought to the real world. Most likely by Mystic Mother herself. So Uddonna could see Bowen again someday.

White Tiger Fan 12/27/16 11:17 AM

Thats the only way Rita as Mystic Mother makes sense..Its a shame and shows you need someone like Amit to handle nostalgia references.

Trakeena's Revenge 12/27/16 02:03 PM

How do we know she didn't have the power? She sure seemed powerful as Mystic Mother.

Red Lightstar Ranger 12/27/16 02:33 PM

Rita was probably abducted from the Mystic Realm. She was the daughter of the previous Mystic Mother. Vile was a demon from the Underworld that toom her for the Master. But doublecrossed him by going to the PRU and joining the UAE. Raising Rita as his own daughter. Once she was purified and learned a true heritage Rita took over for the previous Mystic Mother . Who was destroyed when the underworld last was opened. Uddonna likely is the one that helped Rita learn about her true origins. As she mentioned they were friends.

Bonic Ranger 12/27/16 06:07 PM

No way! Rita as Mystic Mother was just a dumb idea that made no sense. I think the posters here have put more thought into it than the writers. There is no reason for why Rita would be Mystic Mother. It was probably a Bruce idea.

Astronema 12/28/16 12:42 AM

They should have made her Rita's mother.

PRangerX 12/28/16 12:46 AM

Rita being the daughter of Mystic Mother, creator of the realm, and the time discrepancy idea are all plausible theories.

Chloe Sullivan 12/28/16 12:06 PM

I think Zordon created it and Rita inherited it.

Sailor Moon Ranger 12/28/16 12:22 PM

Rita must have been recruited to be Mystic Mother after she turned good. Its probably a title not the same person for the whole history of the realm.

Chaos Ranger 12/28/16 07:15 PM

We can make all the excuses for the writers we want. But it doesn't change the fact that they did a shitty job.

Calamity Kimberly 12/28/16 07:54 PM

Rita could have easily created the Mswtic Realm. It would be interesting to know for sure.

I Love Lothor 12/29/16 12:45 PM

Maybe she did it on accident during one of her headaches lol.

Hexagon Ranger 12/29/16 12:47 PM

Rita did experiments with Hexagon to create the Mystic Realm. Which saw thousands of years go by while a few years went by in PRU time.

Green Spandex Supreme 12/31/16 09:45 PM

She came to the Mystic Realm to connect the Morphing Grid to the Mystic Wands. And ended up becoming Mystic Mother to restore the damage left over from the Underworld War.

Destiny Defeated 01/01/17 11:36 PM

Mystic Mother was a parallel version of Rita. Mystic Realm was an AU like RPM.

Itzy Bitzy Carter 01/02/17 12:00 AM

That would make a lot of sense and solve the issue with continuity contradictions that happened in "Countdown To Destruction" .

Omega Black 01/02/17 12:09 PM

The Mystic Realm feels like some bizarre pocket demension. Its unclear how Rita gained power there.

WesJen 01/02/17 04:08 PM

Its pretty clear Mystic Mother is meant to be the real Rita.So the parallel universe theory doesn't really hold water.

Ransik Lives 01/02/17 04:39 PM

I don't like how they just made Rita Mystic Mother and assumed the rans would understand. Its like they didn't care about ignoring "Countdown To Destruction". Which was ironic since Mystic Fate heavily tries to recreate it.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 01/02/17 08:56 PM

Even though she was purified, Rita still desired power. Creating the Mystic Realm gave her this power. As she had her own world and reality. Of course things got out of control when evil corrupted it. The Master was created from the evil essence of Zedd and followed Rita to the realm. With the intent on getting revenge for "corrupting his shell" with the love potion. As well as to gain absolute power in the Mystic Realm. Which led to the creation of the Underworld and infection of the Mystic Ream's good power with evil. If The Master succeeded he would have been able to easily conquer Earth and soon the galaxy.

Smarty Pants Rose 01/02/17 09:19 PM

I don't see how she could create a whole world. Its more likely she took over for the precious Mystic Mother. No doubt with help from Udonna. Which someone already suggested.

Wesley Smallings 01/02/17 09:59 PM

Its way too much power for Rita to have. Especially since "Countdown" shows her as a normal human at the end. Mystic Force acts like that never happen. Which is ridiculous since Rita would still be evil if it didn't .

Morphing Master 01/09/17 04:28 PM

Its more likely a realm created by the ancient Morphing Masters to escape Zedd and Rita's conquest. Rita later came to defend it to make up for her evil deeds.

Powermaster 01/09/17 04:57 PM

I think the Mystic Mother was Rita's good half. Her evil half was the Rita we saw that was purified herself in Space.

Hexagon Ranger 01/09/17 05:42 PM

Hexagon helped purfied Rita to regain her powers so she could create the Mystic Realm. As one of their experiments.

Ninja Kat 01/09/17 09:31 PM

I think she just inherited the title of Mystic Mother. Perhaps the people of the realm just assumed the many Mystic Mother's were the same person.

Forever Pink 01/09/17 09:55 PM

Creating the realm is a stretch to me. Perhaps Time Travel was involved?

Crazy Ranger 01/09/17 10:03 PM

Rita helped Udonna restore the good magic that was lost in the war. But it accidently helped to make the seal to the Underworld vulnerable to Earth Quake. Vile was from the Underworld and Rita's half father. With the previous Mystic Mother her mother. After the first Mystic Mother died, Vile took Baby Rita and fled to ancient Earth. Where he moved into the Distant Galaxy and joined the UAE. When Rita grew up she wanted Earth because deep down she knew she was connected to it.

Darth Malik 01/09/17 11:15 PM

As much as we try to cover for the plot hole of Rita being Mystic Mother....It just makes it clear how nonsensical it was. I get they wanted to have a tribute to Soga and had a ready made way of having a call back to Rita....But they could have put more thought into making it make sense.

Kameron Poe 01/10/17 01:20 PM

I like the reference to Rita and tribute to Soga. But it makes no sense that Rita would be Mystic Mother for thousands of years while she was supposed to be trapped in the dumpster and later active for the UAE. They needed to put more.thought into this to make it make sense.

Doctor Dana 01/10/17 01:25 PM

Rita is definitely Mystic Mother. So something must have happened after Space and off screen.

Mitchell's Navy 01/10/17 06:10 PM

Well a lot of things could have happened off screen. I would prefer it was more easily explained. But I am sure there is a good reason to be made in continuity.

Time Force Rules 01/11/17 07:06 PM

This is why I hate the magical seasons. Its so unbelievable.

Call Titanus 01/12/17 12:19 PM

I was super glad to have Rita back. I don't care if it makes sense. I never understood why some people couldn't just enjoy it?