Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was movie Rita too evil? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8125)

Sentai Master 07/09/17 12:05 AM

Re: Was movie Rita too evil?

Her actions in the movie don't jive totally with her backstory. She is supposes to be a former Ranger that was once good. But in the movie she acts like a psycho path who just enjoys killing to get what she wants. Should Rita have had more redeeming qualities in the movies or a justified reason to to do what she did?

Movie Ranger 07/10/17 02:58 PM

Re: Was movie Rita tlo evil?

She already passed the point of justifying her actions. By the point of the events of the proluge she had already gone full evil and psychotic. Being trapped in the ocean for thousands of years only made her more insane.

Dino Blaze 07/20/17 03:42 PM

They made her too different from the TV versions. They should have used Scorpina.

Impact Ranger 07/20/17 03:58 PM

People change, she obviously changed a lot from when she was legitimately good.

Rossovan 08/30/17 08:28 AM

I liked the re-imagining of Rita's character in the movie, much as i loved the old MMPR the reboot had to have some differences to make it worthwhile.

I don't think she was to evil but i hope more will be explained - about her backstory - if we get another film.

mbozzo 09/17/17 06:06 PM

Will a future movie mention that she was the daughter of Master Vile, who happen to be a jerk? :confused:

PRangerX 09/17/17 08:31 PM

I don't think she will have the same origin as the show. The movie already already has taken her in a different direction.

Crazy Ranger 09/19/17 06:18 PM

I thought she was perfect personally.

Brainiac 10/01/17 07:54 PM

She just wasnt enough like classic Rita.

Red Lightstar Ranger 10/01/17 07:59 PM

I never expected or wanted her to be the same as the classic. I thought the new Rita was perfect in tone.

Superstatler 10/02/17 03:52 PM

People get too wrapped up in nostalgia sometimes.

Kimberly Hart 10/02/17 10:26 PM

They made her a little too crazy.

Timelord Tommy 10/10/17 09:25 PM

They could have made her a lot more evil. I think the tone was perfect personally.

Billy Cranston 10/10/17 09:26 PM

I would have preferred a more comical approach to Rita and the movie.

Massive Ego 10/10/17 09:30 PM

The last thing the movie needed was more bad comedy from the series.

No Green Spandex 10/11/17 10:20 PM

It was interesting how they made her Green Ranger.

Forever Lame 10/14/17 09:44 PM

It was lame that the new movie wasn't in continuity.

Rangerlord 10/14/17 09:46 PM

I agree, thats why I resfused to watch it.

MMPR Fan 10/16/17 09:51 PM

I didn't like how they made her Green Ranger. Only Tommy should be green, in any timeline.

Green With Envy 10/16/17 09:59 PM

It was a new timeline so Rita can start out as Green Ranger.

Super Cena 10/16/17 10:13 PM

I wouldn't change anything about Rita here. Just give her more screen time. But if we ever do get a sequel, that can be remedied.

Fanboy Supreme 10/16/17 10:36 PM

Rita just changed a lot from the old days. She must have went crazy as Mystic Mother.

Dino Ranger Knight 10/16/17 11:33 PM

Seemed like the right tone for the character to me.

Astronema 10/21/17 05:41 PM

I really liked the new version of Rita. The tv version waa too campy for a serious movie.

Dic Dubber 10/21/17 05:51 PM

I would have raethsr something closer to the tone of the original movie.

Lord Zedd 10/21/17 10:22 PM

No she was perfect. I am glad since she was closer to a female Zedd. I hope we see Zedd someday. I can only imagine how much more menacing they will make him. I doubt Rita and Zedd will marry here.

Delta Max 10/21/17 10:24 PM

I think they could have made her darker. Her scenes with the homeless guy and the jewelry store were campy.They would have been better off cut from the film. Rita was still interesting. Banks did a good job besides in those two above scenes.

Forever Jason 10/21/17 10:40 PM

They got the character right. I loved the scene where Jason asked Rita to turn in her morpher. It really tells you a lot about her character and the complicated relationship she has with Zordon.

PRangerX 10/21/17 10:57 PM

I really liked the new Rita. Her role really worked in the film but there is also a lot they can still do with her.

Eric Loves Taylor 10/21/17 11:40 PM

They made her too scary I think. Especially in that fight scene with Trini.

Jen's Revenge 10/22/17 12:03 AM

I didn't like the tv show version of Rita. So I was worried when they made her the movie main villain. But I was pleasantly surprised by how will the Movie Rita was portrayed and presented

TokuNoob 10/22/17 04:14 AM

I'm with OP. Nothing about Rita's backstory explained her: Why she was evil, why she carried a scepter, why she used Goldar instead of a zord, why she could create putties. . . It helps that she has no discernable motivation.

Massive Ego 10/22/17 08:20 AM

The new Rita is already one of the best villains in franchise history. And a big improvement over MMPR Rita. Who was fine for her time I guess.

Lothor's Revenge 10/29/17 09:29 PM

The new Rita was just dark and broody for the sake or being show. She wasn't as fun as classic Rita.

Countdown to Destruction 10/29/17 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TokuNoob (Post 67837)
I'm with OP. Nothing about Rita's backstory explained her: Why she was evil, why she carried a scepter, why she used Goldar instead of a zord, why she could create putties. . . It helps that she has no discernable motivation.

I think that backstory would have been explained in more detail in possible sequels. Box Office potential may prevent those unfortunately.

Dino Blaze 10/29/17 10:03 PM

The movie was all wrong. Rita just wasn't Rita here.

Sentai Rules 10/30/17 04:05 PM

The movie was a joke! An American Sentai movie needs to at least have Super Sentai footage. The movie Rita was nothing like Bandora. At least the original Rita was similar to Bandora.

Kameron Poe 10/31/17 05:38 PM

I think she was perfect. They made her different like I thought and hoped they would.