Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Frank in New Movie. (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7800)

PRangerX 03/14/17 10:05 PM

Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Frank in New Movie.

So its confirmed that they will make cameos in the new Power Rangers movie. And the mid credits scene does have something to do with the Green Ranger.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1635...-the-new-movie

KimandTommy 03/14/17 10:09 PM

Re: Amy Jo Johnson and Jason David Frank in New Movie.

Yes! this should finally put the rest the fact that Tommy and Kim are meant to be together.

MattEmily 03/14/17 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 64918)
this should finally put the rest the fact that Tommy and Kim are meant to be together.

it won't since they won't be their show characters and keep in mind it's Kimberly and Jason who are together in the new movie universe also regardless of Amy Jo filming a scene in the movie regardless of whether it's with JDF or not it would have no impact on their show characters anyway.

Captain Codfish 03/15/17 08:02 AM

It doesn't sound like they will be in the movie for very long. It sounds like a quick cameo. Which is perfectly fine. Its amazing they kept this a secret since it was assumed there would be no cameos.

Knights of Ren 03/15/17 12:04 PM

Its good they included then. Its too bad they couldn't have bigger roles as new characters.

Superstatler 03/15/17 06:09 PM

I'm surprised since I figured we would have known about this by now. But good for them.

Hailey Ziktor 03/16/17 12:03 PM

They are definitely playing different characters but it is cool to have them involved. Its really not hard to do cameos if you can sign the actors on.... So why not?

Starlight Starbrite 03/16/17 12:10 PM

I can't fault them for going this route. Our Tommy and Kat still end up together though. You can't say Jason and Kim wind up together in the TV Show just because their reboot counterparts do. JDF and AJJ aren't even playing Tommy and Kim here.

Crazy Ranger 03/16/17 10:13 PM

This is very exciting news!

True Blue 03/16/17 10:17 PM

They are the best possible cameos for an MMPR Movie .

Samurai Mentor 03/17/17 07:13 PM

I'm surprised this didn't come out beforehand.

KimandTommy 03/17/17 07:14 PM

The fact they are using those two proves the production people want Tommy and Kim to be there signature couple.

MattEmily 03/17/17 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimandTommy (Post 64980)
The fact they are using those two proves the production people want Tommy and Kim to be there signature couple.

no it doesn't all it proves is that the movie's production company decided they wanted to have some original actors return for a cameo for the movie and they were the only 2 that they were able to get on board with doing the cameo.

The movie's production team has no one involved with the show's production on their team so it would have no impact on Amy and JDF's show characters it's just you trying to read too much into things like you always do when it comes to your unhealthy obsession.

MMPR Forever 03/17/17 09:38 PM

I feel better about the movie since the trailers have started to be more fun..But I still don't fully trust the movie team..I don't think they chose JDF and AJJ because of Tommy and Kim. Even if thats the right decision..I do think Tommy and Kim end up together in the show universe. If you only count MMPR than they never broke up anyway.

MattEmily 03/17/17 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMPR Forever (Post 64984)
I feel better about the movie since the trailers have started to be more fun..But I still don't fully trust the movie team..I don't think they chose JDF and AJJ because of Tommy and Kim. Even if thats the right decision..I do think Tommy and Kim end up together in the show universe. If you only count MMPR than they never broke up anyway.

too bad you can't only count MMPR so they did break up regardless of whether you saw it or not. Also Jackie Marchand wrote "A Season To Remember" the Zeo Christmas special episode that supports that Tommy and Kat end up together which the original production team including Jonathan "Sentai snob" Tzachor and Doug Sloan approved of.

Goldar's Revenge 03/17/17 10:53 PM

To be fair Tzachor, also rejected Kat showing up in Forever Red as Tommy's wife. Partly because Kimberly was the more well known love interest for Tommy. I'm in the Tommy/Kat group though.

MattEmily 03/17/17 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldar's Revenge (Post 64990)
To be fair Tzachor, also rejected Kat showing up in Forever Red as Tommy's wife. Partly because Kimberly was the more well known love interest for Tommy. I'm in the Tommy/Kat group though.

I doubt he rejected it for that reason since he also rejected Kimberly showing up as well. The reason it was rejected was because of time and money. They were already paying 9 actors for a quick scene plus the main Rangers that were the focus of the episode plus they had to pay for 6 voice actors and they had to pay the suit actors that were in the Machine Empire Generals' suits, the Ranger suits and Alpha 7's suit plus they also had to pay for the Serpentera CGI.

Goldar's Revenge 03/18/17 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 64994)
I doubt he rejected it for that reason since he also rejected Kimberly showing up as well. The reason it was rejected was because of time and money. They were already paying 9 actors for a quick scene plus the main Rangers that were the focus of the episode plus they had to pay for 6 voice actors and they had to pay the suit actors that were in the Machine Empire Generals' suits, the Ranger suits and Alpha 7's suit plus they also had to pay for the Serpentera CGI.

Those were other reasons..Plus he thought jt would go over the kids heads.

Zordon's Legacy 03/19/17 12:26 PM

I don't think the two of them in the movie does anything to settle the Tommy romance debates. Since as pointed out, they are playing different characters.

Captain Codfish 03/20/17 04:37 PM

The cameo isn't very long based on the review I read.

MMPR Forever 03/20/17 04:41 PM

Thats too bad, it should have been much longer.

KimandTommy 03/28/17 08:08 PM

The cameo was way too short..At least it shows the two got back together.