Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   One thing that bothers me in DinoThunder (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=6775)

Sentai Is Forever 06/01/15 05:01 PM

Re: One thing that bothers me in DinoThunder

I am with you Green. I would like to follow Abaranger more closely. I would rather the show follow Abaranger more closely. I never understood Power Rangers fans obssession with the return of old characters. In Sentai we rarely get that nor do we need that.

MattEmily 06/01/15 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Green Spandex (Post 55008)
Yeah it was kinda weird and seemed a little much. I would have rather have seen Edward Payne be in the role. Tommy could have been a guest star if they wanted him back so bad. I don't think it was needed since DinoThunder was at its best in the episodes that didn't focus on Dr. Oliver.

We get it already you don't like Tommy but I completely disagree with you in that Dino Thunder was at its best in the episodes that didn't focus on him.

MattEmily 06/01/15 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 55009)
I am with you Green. I would like to follow Abaranger more closely. I would rather the show follow Abaranger more closely. I never understood Power Rangers fans obssession with the return of old characters. In Sentai we rarely get that nor do we need that.

We get it already you're in love with Sentai and I don't want a Power Rangers writer pretty much copying the content word-for-word since that's nothing more than being lazy... maybe you're fine with that but I'm not and I'm sure there's others out there that don't want lazy writers either.

Yes in Sentai we don't usually get the return of old characters (except for crossovers which is what Power Rangers does as well with its various teamups) but that's because they're not as strict on continuity they typically view a season as a separate universe with no ties to another season until they want them to be connected but that's Sentai and not Power Rangers. Power Rangers was born with a continuity.

Since you're so in love with Sentai then why don't you spend your time watching those episodes instead of Power Rangers? You clearly love watching the same thing twice which is apparently what you want Power Rangers to do and you're in the minority here.

Mr. CD 06/01/15 05:22 PM

Psh, Tommy having a PhD was all a cover. lol

Sentai Is Forever 06/01/15 07:02 PM

I just like seeing the sentai footage in North America. I would rather have Super Sentai just imported directly like Ultraman Tiga. But that's probably not happening anytime soon.

Massive Ego 06/01/15 07:04 PM

I like Tommy but having him have a PHD is a bit much. They really didn't know how to write for him in DT. Might as well have had him play a new character. He didn't feel like the real Tommy. As much as I hated Super Megaforce. Tommy felt more real there than in DT.

MMPR Forever 06/01/15 07:07 PM

I agree with Matt. Sentai fans should just watch Sentai if they can't enjoy PR for what it is. The sentai approach is one of the reason I haven't been able to enjoy the show for a very long time.

MattEmily 06/01/15 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentai Is Forever (Post 55018)
I just like seeing the sentai footage in North America. I would rather have Super Sentai just imported directly like Ultraman Tiga. But that's probably not happening anytime soon.

well you're getting that with the Zyuranger DVD set... the better the sales the more likely more will come out.

Green Scorpion Ranger 06/01/15 08:56 PM

DinoThunder came out years after Turbo that's plenty of time for a smart guy like Tommy to spend years in college besides it's a lot more believable than Dana Mitchell becoming a Doctor only a year after LR.

Rangermanuel 06/02/15 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 54989)
That's pretty realistic. Plenty of people change their minds when they get older plus we never saw Tommy have much of a career path outside of race car driving. Tommy's time as a Ranger probably inspired him to become a palentology major.

That does seem to be the case