Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers Modern Archives (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Maligore or Dark Spectar? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=1338)

JCA2001 08/21/01 05:02 AM

Maligore or Dark Spectar?

If you've seen the Turbo movie and a year or what later the PRiS seasons, you might have seen that Maligore is Dark's 'body double'. Maligore is smaller than Dark Spectar, but their likenesses... What is the explaination of this?

BT20 08/21/01 08:08 PM

maligore& Dark specter

i think it was a mistake of saban who cheaply reused the costume. since a lot of people say the movie sucked i think he figured no1 saw the movie so it was ok to use it again. but i liked the both movies equaly.

BT20 08/21/01 08:12 PM

maligore / Darkspecter

this would be the other i just thought of after i posted my reply (i keep doing that) they could be of the same species of firey creatures. also a samll chance they could be realted but i dought that. or maybe maligore survived the defeat as so many monsters do & came back. but i am sure the real reason is what i said in my first post

JCA2001 08/24/01 09:32 AM

Re: maligore / Darkspecter

I don't think Maligore came back. Darkonda said in Countdown to Dest. that Dark Spectar was planet-size (he wanted to blast him up with Astronema's Planet-Blaster), so this Maligore is pint size.
Exactly the same person/monster/whatever couldn't be it. Only related, maybe...

MiChaos 08/24/01 06:39 PM

Re: maligore / Dark specter

In From out of Nowhere Divatox mentions how Dark Specter looks so much like Maligore. DS has no sentai equilivent AFAIK, and Saban wanted a good costume for this evil mastermind, so they found Maligores in a cupboard and used it I guess.

JZSpock 01/08/02 09:32 PM

Re: maligore / Dark specter

Not father 2 son, they are more like twins

RltyRngr 01/09/02 10:37 AM

Maligore or DArk Spector

ok, i just want top point out the in the movies, nothing that happened in the move directly affected the show, not at the time anyway, and i do think that it was pretty much the same charector, but just with a different name.

~RltyRngr~

symbolic agony 01/09/02 07:53 PM

Re: Maligore or DArk Spector

Cheap. It was just the same costume and they figured us kiddies at home wouldn't notice.

astromegazord 01/13/02 03:56 PM

Fact is Maligore was only in Turbo: APRM, and was mentioned once or twice in the show. They probably expected people to just completely forget about Maligore as he wasn't ever referred to much.

That, and they were just being cheap:)

PRangerX 01/14/02 12:23 AM

not to get off topic but Astro i used to watch that show in your sig as a kid. What was the name it was so long ago i forgot.