Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Sky's dad should have been Wes (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8124)

Time Force Omega 10/20/17 09:06 PM

Sky's dad should have been Wes

The fact his dad wore time force costume peaked my interest. I thought SPD was going to have a TF connection. It would have been better if Sky was Wes' son! Of course they season didn't do anything for me anyway .

Captain Codfish 10/20/17 09:12 PM

Re: Sky's dad should have been Wes

Tha really wouldn't have worked. Plus you would have killed off Wes. The timeline would have not worked. The SPD parents did their experiments in 2001. It is likely the TF powers were connected to SPD somehow. Either as the actual powers or a copy. Sky's dad was not Wes though.

Quantum Hunter 10/20/17 09:38 PM

It would have been a cool connection. But I can't blame them for not going that route.

Summer Is Rich 10/20/17 10:06 PM

They really should have used a different suit. Maybe a suit from an un-adapted Sentai something.

MattEmily 10/20/17 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Time Force Omega (Post 67697)
The fact his dad wore time force costume peaked my interest. I thought SPD was going to have a TF connection. It would have been better if Sky was Wes' son! Of course they season didn't do anything for me anyway .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Codfish (Post 67700)
Tha really wouldn't have worked. Plus you would have killed off Wes. The timeline would have not worked. The SPD parents did their experiments in 2001. It is likely the TF powers were connected to SPD somehow. Either as the actual powers or a copy. Sky's dad was not Wes though.

No Wes shouldn't have been Sky's Dad yes they both wore similar suits but they're not the same suits or powers and yes I agree that it wouldn't have worked plus you'd be killing 1 of the core Rangers which isn't something Power Rangers does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summer Is Rich (Post 67720)
They really should have used a different suit. Maybe a suit from an un-adapted Sentai something.

The suit wasn't the issue the problem was it was too plain they should've added armor to it or something.
They wouldn't have had the rights to an unadapted Sentai.

No Green Spandex 10/21/17 12:02 PM

I would have been fine with it. But thats not the route they decided to take.

Power Sentai 10/21/17 05:27 PM

I don't think SPD was ever supposed to connect to Time Force. In much the same way the Machine Generals aren't the Beetleborgs.

Astronema 10/21/17 05:38 PM

I wonder if A Squad's powers were inspired by the Space team?

Green With Envy 10/21/17 08:40 PM

The idea seems too melodramatic and fanon like for me.

Samurai Forever 10/21/17 08:51 PM

Yes way too melodramatic! If it was a later Saban era season they probably would have done it. ...But the production team under Disney... Understood why that was a bad idea.