Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Super Sentai Series Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=3435)

ciaranred 03/24/11 03:51 PM

Super Sentai Series Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

Ah heres a series of great interest and unbeleively crazy. I mean one moment their pirates then there suddenly police, then there Ninja and then Zuurangers, thebn bam Magiranger. I mean the series is great but still the rangers are changing every five second, its like pirates ha, useless weait no now there samurai crap, then wosh oh no there bleedin wizards, oh my demonic lord now there bleedin ninja,s run before storm shadpw appears.

Okay one thing i don,t get is at the start of the series there is a gaint battle with pretty much every ranger in exsistence fighting a hug battle suddenly

[size=x-large] Spoiler alert [/size]

They all scarifice themselves to drive the bad guys back, so then when the Gokaiger appear and have all the rangers abilities you think okay so they captured the remains of the dead rangers powers and can use them, but it seems a lot rangers remain like Dekirangers and members of magiranger and the ninjastorm one, so what i want to know is did any ranger survive the battle or how did these guys get left behind.

Kamen Rider Decade 03/24/11 07:23 PM

RE: Super Sentai Series Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

They all survived is what I have been led to believe.

ciaranred 03/24/11 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamen Rider Decade
They all survived is what I have been led to believe.

but how, they clearly disapper after taking out the alien armada and don,t re-apper, so i don,t know how they could survive, but from whati understand the new movie will see the Gokaiger fighting all other sentai teams. Which means what the hell happened at the start of the series and how did they survive

Kamen Rider Decade 03/25/11 12:19 AM

They sacrificed their powers, they weren't seen again because they didn't show anything after the power sacrifice because that was the end of that war.

ciaranred 03/25/11 07:16 AM

Quote:

They sacrificed their powers, they weren't seen again because they didn't show anything after the power sacrifice because that was the end of that war.

Hmmm but surely they would proof been trying to come up with a neew defence programme to fight the empire if they came back. unless the gokaiger are that new group to fight them and if that is the case, we are in trouble.

Digifiend 03/28/11 08:41 PM

Quote:

They weren't seen again because most of the actors weren't there.

I wonder what happened to the mechs? Magiranger and Gekiranger are the only ones that don't physically exist (Magi are their zords, and Geki's are animal spirits).

Kamen Rider Decade 03/29/11 12:20 AM

Unless their mechs were destroyed then they remain exactly where they left them.

Digifiend 03/29/11 03:51 PM

Which makes you wonder why Dekaranger Robo didn't show up in Gokaiger episode 5 (after all, they can be used without henshin). Yes, it was destroyed in Deka's finale, but it was rebuilt for the Magiranger team up.

ciaranred 03/29/11 03:59 PM

I can,t imagine what happened that prevented it happening

Kamen Rider Decade 03/29/11 04:12 PM

Gokaiger is about the Gokaiger's robos not bringing back past robos.

Vickram101 04/05/11 09:06 AM

I love gokaiger, It's such a great season. I still want to see them transform into Zyuranger, Ohranger and Bioman.

ciaranred 04/05/11 03:15 PM

Ya it is a great series but i was left confused because of the whole did they die or what, but since my favorite red sentai ranger Jyan was in it alive and well and still; wareing long, he might want to put Long in a vault or something, because its only going to lead to trouble, if Long gets out again.

Kamen Rider Decade 04/05/11 07:23 PM

Vaults are for treasures not your archenemesis turned into a pretty necklace.

MattEmily 12/06/11 11:39 PM

Re: Super Sentai Series Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

The last new episode was pretty interesting. We got to see the Emperor of Zangyack and his design looks pretty cool. We also got to see 2 of his own crew members as well as the Emperor being very cruel towards Gil's bodyguard.

It was also very interesting how it was discovered that 1 of the Emperor's Generals was actually the one that was responsible for the destruction of Ahim's planet and at least some of her family. It was very telling how she went nuts once she saw that monster considering she's usually very calm.

Mad Dragon 01/29/12 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattEmily (Post 43131)
The last new episode was pretty interesting. We got to see the Emperor of Zangyack and his design looks pretty cool. We also got to see 2 of his own crew members as well as the Emperor being very cruel towards Gil's bodyguard.

It was also very interesting how it was discovered that 1 of the Emperor's Generals was actually the one that was responsible for the destruction of Ahim's planet and at least some of her family. It was very telling how she went nuts once she saw that monster considering she's usually very calm.

I remember that Episode. The Form Changes at the end of that episode was probably the best scene in the whole series to be honest.

On another note. I heard earlier back that there might be the possibility of Gokaiger having a few more episodes then 50. It sure looks like that way at the moment considering Ep 48 comes out this week and neither Basco, nor half of the current Zangyack Crew has even been killed yet. Yet Gobusters is supposed to begin airing on the 26th of February. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokumei_Sentai_Go-Busters]

I hope they don't completely ruin the ending of Gokaiger just so they can finish it quickly enough in time for the debut of Gobusters. That would disappoint me >.<

MattEmily 02/09/12 10:36 PM

The last episode was pretty interesting. Too bad the female bad guy never had much focus to begin with but oh well.

It's also interesting how the treasure is basically like the Tri-Force in the Zelda games but obviously not the same thing. It is also interesting how the Will of the Earth used the treasure to communicate via the treasure.

It is also interesting how the treasure can be like a Z-Wave but just for the Zangyack if the Gokaiger want to use it to rid themselves of the Zangyack however the bad point is that the treasure, if it uses its full powers then it'll delete the history of all previous 34 Sentai teams.

Mad Dragon 02/19/12 08:37 AM

~~~~~~~~~~ Spoilers Ahead ~~~~~~~~~~

Kinda depressing that Gokaiger is coming to an ending.

Loved the Mecha Massacre at the start of 50. Was epic.

Quote:

Too bad the female bad guy never had much focus to begin with but oh well.
Yeah. I actually thought she was the most competent out of all the Zangyack. What annoyed me about it was that they spent 2-parters on these guys that appear in the last 10 or so episodes yet she gets destroyed in 1.

On a random note.

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/a...ascoUndead.png

I spotted the Green liquid coming out of his mouth and was immediately like:

Basco's an UNDEAD!?!?

Probably a coincidence but oh well... Maybe He might be coming back for Superhero Taisen ;)

Quote:

It is also interesting how the treasure can be like a Z-Wave but just for the Zangyack if the Gokaiger want to use it to rid themselves of the Zangyack
Funny how alot of things in Gokaiger remind you of PRiS aye?

MattEmily 02/20/12 10:26 PM

Indeed and who knows with Basco and the green blood. Keep in mind the Orgs had green blood and it was also shown in Timeranger with Gluto having green blood.

I can't comment on any other seasons though since some of them I haven't seen and there are others that I don't remember as well.

Anyway the last Gokaiger was awesome. The Emperor didn't want to go down so the answer was given that the Gokaiger did have access to the previous teams' power-ups but they just didn't want to use them. I do wonder if that means they would have access to AbaRed's AbareMare power-up. Probably didn't spell that right but it's close enough. I'm referring to what we know in the Power Rangers fandom as the Triassic Ranger.

Mad Dragon 02/21/12 08:53 PM

Quote:

Anyway the last Gokaiger was awesome. The Emperor didn't want to go down so the answer was given that the Gokaiger did have access to the previous teams' power-ups but they just didn't want to use them.
I'm surprised they didn't use that until the final episode. Deep down I was always waiting for Gokaiger to get their Power-up and I was expecting something similar to what we got or something similar to Decade's K-Touch where the past rangers show up beside them.

And I expected them to get that power-up earlier. I mean something like half way through the series. Shinkenger got the Ironmaru and Goseiger got Super Gosei Mode pretty early in their respective series. Would have made it a tad bit more epic if we got a Gokaiger Power-up instead of a once-off thing at the end. But I guess that would've made their power-up a bit 'over-powered'.

Zabitan 02/21/12 09:11 PM

Semi OT with regards to the green blood thing I have a theory (read: THEORY so take it with a grain of salt if it sounds dumb).

I've been to TV Tropes, and they have a section on Dark is Not Evil, and one on Light is Not Good anyway in both sections they mention that in some cultures like Japan white is the color of death, and black is the color of life.

To the same degree though they still have a lot of stories that still play to the whole Light is Good, and Dark is Evil thing so in a lot of shows you see both good guys, and bad guys in both black, and white.

Anyway the point I'm trying to get is that in a lot of these same shows Green is used as a color that represents evil or at least darkness like Spielban, and Metalder where you have monsters that are made or can turn into green slime, or are plant based, and there's Zyuranger where the Ranger who started of as a bad guy was green.

Part of it I think has to do with the fact that people on both sides of the pacific associate green with things like bugs, and plants which are common monster types, forests which getting lost in is something that scares people, and not to mention radiation, and things that glow in the dark.

MattEmily 02/21/12 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Dragon (Post 43429)
Deep down I was always waiting for Gokaiger to get their Power-up and I was expecting something similar to what we got or something similar to Decade's K-Touch where the past rangers show up beside them.

And I expected them to get that power-up earlier. I mean something like half way through the series. Shinkenger got the Ironmaru and Goseiger got Super Gosei Mode pretty early in their respective series. Would have made it a tad bit more epic if we got a Gokaiger Power-up instead of a once-off thing at the end. But I guess that would've made their power-up a bit 'over-powered'.

Gokaiger not having its own power-up doesn't bother me that much although it would have been interesting since it would have been cool if they took ideas from previous power-ups and implemented them all into a power-up.
However they clearly didn't want to make them seem too overpowered considering they had access to 34 different powers including some old zords and some power-ups.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zabitan (Post 43431)
Anyway the point I'm trying to get is that in a lot of these same shows Green is used as a color that represents evil or at least darkness like Spielban, and Metalder where you have monsters that are made or can turn into green slime, or are plant based, and there's Zyuranger where the Ranger who started of as a bad guy was green.

Part of it I think has to do with the fact that people on both sides of the pacific associate green with things like bugs, and plants which are common monster types, forests which getting lost in is something that scares people, and not to mention radiation, and things that glow in the dark.

That's an interesting theory. Although I'm not sure if I entirely agree with it because of Loki/Zen-Aku in Gaoranger/Wild Force since he was turned into an Org so he should have green blood like all other Orgs do but he didn't, he was shown to have red blood.

Mad Dragon 02/23/12 05:09 AM

Quote:

Implemented them all into a power-up.
Yeah, that would have sufficed. Their own unique powerup or something like that. Maybe they could've shared Gold Mode around or something and have the heads on the armor change to the appropriate rangers depending on which Gokaiger had the armor.

Quote:

However they clearly didn't want to make them seem too overpowered considering they had access to 34 different powers including some old zords and some power-ups.
Yeah. I get that. I just kind of didn't see the point of hiding this Special Power-Up for the Whole Series and then using it once in the last 3 or so minutes of the last episode.

I was annoyed when it happened to Faiz Awakening so it bugged me a bit here as well.

MattEmily 02/23/12 02:44 PM

I do see the point but it's still disappointing. Basically they're Pirates and they're very stubborn. They'd rather use their skill than extra power.

They were just left with no option other than the power-ups with the Emperor because no matter what they did, he wouldn't even die. He then survived a Blue Charged-Cannon blast and it's not often that their Cannon didn't finish off a monster.

Mad Dragon 06/01/12 11:03 AM

I just realised, that the cannon blast did infact kill him. They did the run through of each team. Then the Super Ranger Power-Up, then the Final Wave + Silver's Legend Crush, and it still didn't kill him, so they did a Special Charged Galleon Buster at Point Blank and thats what did it.

I do have to admit though. There were a few other situations where they really could have used it. Like defeating Damaras. Or even Basco could have warranted those special power-ups.

Also, Basco didn't show up in Super Hero Taisen. So I guess that puts my whole opinion to bed on that.

I also remembered another thing I had disliked about the season and that was actually the lack of a as it is well-known. A "Cluster****" Mech. In 35 seasons... This was the one chance that Toei had to create a massive megazord. They were planning to do it in the movie.... But they didn't. And I'd really love to know why. Gokaiger apparently had a massive budget correct?

MattEmily 06/01/12 05:18 PM

Indeed, the Cannon did end up killing him but not at normal range. They had to do it at point blank range and I'm sure the Super Powers did do a bit to at least put a crack in them or at least a dent but not enough to kill him.

Mad Dragon 06/07/12 09:51 AM

Yeah. Definitely. The normal Gokai Changes were ineffective for maybe the first half of the teams, then they started to dent him. They got him pretty badly with the Super Rangers, attempted to wipe him out with the Final Waves and then finished him off with the Galleon Buster at point blank. Definitely one of the more resilient final battles I've ever seen. Then again. You don't expect much less from Gokaiger :D

mbozzo 10/16/13 09:41 PM

Gokaiger will be coming to America as Power Rangers Super Megaforce sometime in 2014. :shock: