Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   The climax to the original mmpr movie (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7390)

PRangerX 10/08/16 07:13 PM

The climax to the original mmpr movie

Anyone else disapointed by the ending? It was played for too much comedy with the spot of the Megazord kicking Ivan where it hurts. Seemed out of place for the big finish.

Usagi Reborn 10/09/16 10:29 AM

Re: The climax to the original mmpr movie

Yeah, it was pretty wierd. The rest of the movie was pretty good. I get having the comet destroy Ooze but they shouldn't have added comedy to that. There was plenty of comedy in the movie anyway.

Space Seasons 10/09/16 10:31 AM

The movie is so overrated its not funny.

Rita's Pita 10/09/16 10:32 AM

I loved it! It was supposed to be a funny scene. Ooze was such a fun villain.

Massive Ego 10/09/16 05:00 PM

It was really dumb. The movie is okay. But that part was just asinine

Yellow Fan Forever 10/09/16 05:03 PM

I liked it at the time. Hasn't aged well though. It doesn't ruin the movie for me. I guess they didn't want the predictable ending that we usually got on the show.

MMPR Forever 10/09/16 06:26 PM

I don't have a problem with it at all. It was very MMPR. They couldn't get too violent about it. So they decided to make it funny.

KimandTommy 10/09/16 06:27 PM

Yeah some people just take things too seriously. There isn't much to complain about it the MMPR era. There is Kat, but she didn't finish stealing Kimberly until Zeo.

Captain Mutiny 10/09/16 06:28 PM

It doesn't make the movie bad. It is possible to have some bad in a good movie. In fact, its unlikely any movie is flawless. Even movies that are five stars. Its all subjective anyway.

MattEmily 10/09/16 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRangerX (Post 58409)
Anyone else disapointed by the ending? It was played for too much comedy with the spot of the Megazord kicking Ivan where it hurts. Seemed out of place for the big finish.

I found the ending funny which technically fits since Ivan Ooze was kind of a comedic villain especially due to his 1-liners in the Command Center but I thought his ending wasn't very appropriate for someone that was supposed to be powerful and so feared.