Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Will someone else adapt Sentai? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=9127)

Vida The Vampire Slayer 02/21/21 07:07 PM

Will someone else adapt Sentai?

If Hasbro really breaks up with Toei...Will someone sleeping else try and adapt Sentai? It couldn't be PR of course but they could make there own show.

Captain Codfish 02/21/21 07:08 PM

Re: Will someone else adapt Sentai?

If Hasbro decides its not worth it, I can't see someone else trying to do a live action adaption.

VR Master 02/21/21 07:10 PM

Re: Will someone else.adapt Sentai?

Considering the fact PR is the only really successful adaption of Toku, I think it won't happen.

PRangerX 02/21/21 07:13 PM

Its an interesting idea. But I am not sure about the legalities and whether the costs would be worth it. Perhaps Toei or Bandai would push for it. I am sure Bandai would love to sell the toys. It would probably just use the Americanized name of the Sentai they were adapted. They could come up wth a new brand name too.

Kody's Pride 02/21/21 07:13 PM

Would they go back and adapt Sentai's that PR already used?

Goldar's Revenge 02/21/21 07:14 PM

I would imagine that they would only use Sentai's not touched by PR. They would have to distance themselves from PR as much as possible.

Sentai Is Forever 02/21/21 07:15 PM

Toei should just import subbed and dubbed Sentai.

MMPR Master 02/23/21 05:31 PM

I can't see anyone else hwving the same success.

Superhero Galaxy 02/23/21 05:33 PM

Not saying its likely. But it would be an interesting way to get Bandai back in the American Toku business. They would have a chance to sell some toys, even without the Power Rangers Brand. Woukd it be as succesful? I can't say that. But its possible the new toyline could sell well. I would definitely consider it if I was Toei and Bandai.

PRangerX 02/23/21 05:43 PM

I have to admit the prospect of a new toyline would be attractive to Bandai and Toei.