Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was movie Rita too evil? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8125)

Jen's Revenge 10/22/17 12:03 AM

Re: Was movie Rita too evil?

I didn't like the tv show version of Rita. So I was worried when they made her the movie main villain. But I was pleasantly surprised by how will the Movie Rita was portrayed and presented

TokuNoob 10/22/17 04:14 AM

I'm with OP. Nothing about Rita's backstory explained her: Why she was evil, why she carried a scepter, why she used Goldar instead of a zord, why she could create putties. . . It helps that she has no discernable motivation.

Massive Ego 10/22/17 08:20 AM

The new Rita is already one of the best villains in franchise history. And a big improvement over MMPR Rita. Who was fine for her time I guess.

Lothor's Revenge 10/29/17 09:29 PM

The new Rita was just dark and broody for the sake or being show. She wasn't as fun as classic Rita.

Countdown to Destruction 10/29/17 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TokuNoob (Post 67837)
I'm with OP. Nothing about Rita's backstory explained her: Why she was evil, why she carried a scepter, why she used Goldar instead of a zord, why she could create putties. . . It helps that she has no discernable motivation.

I think that backstory would have been explained in more detail in possible sequels. Box Office potential may prevent those unfortunately.

Dino Blaze 10/29/17 10:03 PM

The movie was all wrong. Rita just wasn't Rita here.

Sentai Rules 10/30/17 04:05 PM

The movie was a joke! An American Sentai movie needs to at least have Super Sentai footage. The movie Rita was nothing like Bandora. At least the original Rita was similar to Bandora.

Kameron Poe 10/31/17 05:38 PM

I think she was perfect. They made her different like I thought and hoped they would.