Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Gosei mentor since Zordon? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7667)

Mega Mission 12/31/16 07:56 AM

Gosei mentor since Zordon?

I think so. He was an amazing mentor. I like how he was connected to Zordon.

Zordon's Legacy Exposed 12/31/16 07:58 AM

Re: Gosei mentor since Zordon?

Gosei was a faker meant to act in Zordos proxy after his demise . He was programmed to follow the Zordon way exclusively and lacked the ability for independent thought. Hexagon put him to good use.

KimandTommy 12/31/16 11:39 AM

I like Zordon much better. Gosei just can't compare.

Decepticon 12/31/16 09:13 PM

Gosei didn't really have much of a personality. He was a poor immatation of Zordon that didn't habe much purpose.

Destiny Defeated 01/01/17 11:40 PM

I don't see hlw Gosei was that great. He was actualll pretty bland. I really didn't know who he was. Zordon was much better. Even if he is a bit overrated himself.

Omega Black 01/02/17 12:18 PM

They tried to hard to make Gosei like Zordon. It really didn't fit. And it was hard for the audience to feel Gosei was on the same level. Especially since we had so many Ranger teams that he wasn involved with. When MMPR aired it felt like Zordon ran everything Ranger related. Even if later seasons dispell that notion.

Decepticon 01/02/17 12:52 PM

Zordon was cool at the time. But I was over him a long time ago. I don't think it sas a good idea to try and make Gosei a Zordon lime mentor. It just didn't fit. Just like the attempted MMPRfication of Megaforce didn't work.

WesJen 01/02/17 04:12 PM

I really don't care about niether. There both boring and were just there to provide exposition.

Ransik Lives 01/02/17 04:34 PM

I would choose Zordon., just because he is the more interesting character..Gosei was just a copy cat anyway.

MMPR Forever 01/02/17 05:14 PM

Zordon is the best mentor by far. No other mentor is as good. Only Tommy comes close but DinoThunder handled him badly. I give them credit for trying to have Gosei be more like Zordon. It just didn't work. Just like having Megaforce being Neo-MMPR wa good in theory but not in execution.