Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Cassie or Karone (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=9035)

Absolutely Melody 08/04/20 06:27 PM

Cassie or Karone

We know the original plan was Cassie to replace Kendrix. Who would you have rather had? My answer is obviously Karone.

Cassie Turbo 08/04/20 06:28 PM

Re: Cassie or Karone

I wanted to see Cassie come back. It would have been a cook carry over for Power Of Pink. I don't hate Karonex just wluld have fathered Cassie..

KimandTommy 08/04/20 06:29 PM

Cassie all the way! Karone was too evil to be a Ranger.

PRangerX 08/04/20 06:55 PM

I think it made more sense to go with Karone honestly. There was more to be done with that character. We already saw Cassie as a Power Ranger. Having Karone get to be a Ranger and have her redemption was the better story. Its just a shame some of her episodes were intended for Cassie, lime the one with Baxter. Sometimes her personality didn't match. But I am still really glad she came back. It does suck it took Valerie getting sick for any of this to happen.

Kendrix Leo 08/04/20 06:57 PM

At least Valerie's story had a happy ending.

PRangerX 08/04/20 07:02 PM

Definitely. I remember being shocked when I found out that was the reason why she got written out of Galaxy. Since I had no regular internet access at the time.

Astronema 08/04/20 07:03 PM

It made much more sense for Karone to be the one to replace Kendrix.

Ultra Mega 08/04/20 07:05 PM

Facing The Past was her only good episode though. Everything else seemed out of character or a let down. Well okay, her debut episode was good to. So that's two...I would have chose Karone though. Too bad they didn't write her character better.

Goldar's Revenge 08/04/20 07:07 PM

It all goes back to the last minute nature of her addition and the fact some of the scripts used were written with Cassie in mind..

Superstatler 08/04/20 07:07 PM

Plus there wasn't a lot of time left in the series and it couldn't become the Karone show.

Gosei Gold 08/04/20 07:09 PM

Its likely Cassie would have got the shaft too. Giving their lack of time.

Diabolico Rising 08/16/20 07:05 PM

Agreed, Cassie alresdy had her time. We never saw Karone as a Rangsr so she made more sense.

Hailey Hartford 09/18/20 01:26 PM

I think the real reason they went with Karone is she needed her own redemption focus and this gave the perfect opportunity for it. Honestly I would have preferred Cassie but I can understand why Karone got it.

Goldar's Revenge 09/19/20 08:17 AM

Cassie was the original choice. They just couldn't come to terms with Patricia to bring her back for the rest of the season. It did work out storywise because of the redemption story.

Captain Mutiny 09/19/20 08:18 AM

Only problem was we really got one episode about that and Karone kind of acted like Cassie most of the time. Or worse wasn't really there.

Goldar's Revenge 09/19/20 08:19 AM

That was a product of some of the scripts being written with Cassie in mind and the last minute nature of the change. But the redemption theory is a good reason to have brought Karone back.

Astro Power 09/19/20 08:21 AM

I have nothing against Patricia or Cassie really...But I do feel the former Turbo/Space Pink was overrated at the time. I don't think she needed to return. There was more of a reason for Karone to come back.

Nasty Nick 09/19/20 08:39 AM

It was last minute there was only so much they could do with Karone. We are lucky we got Facing The Past. Really she only acted like Cassie in that episode where she is trying to help Damon become the master engineer.

Astronema 09/19/20 08:40 AM

Not to minimize Valerie but it would have been nice to have a whole season Karone.

No Green Spandex 09/19/20 08:41 AM

We could have had both, there are other Ranger colors.

Lord Leo 09/19/20 08:42 AM

Karone as Red Ranger would have saved us from Lord Leo. And been more interesting.

Sentai Master 09/19/20 08:43 AM

You do realize they likely would have used the same Sentai Footage and Karone would have "hogged the spotlight "?

No Green Spandex 09/19/20 08:43 AM

Sentai Snob alert lol

Sentai Master 09/19/20 08:44 AM

Nope. never was a part or that group ( are they even around anymore?). I love both PR and Sentai as they are. Was just pointing out that they would have used the same footage most likely.

No Green Spandex 09/19/20 08:45 AM

Oh my my bad. I looked at your username too quick. I was just being funny anyway.

Astronema 09/19/20 08:46 AM

Karone versus Trakeena in the end would have been cool.

Miki1988 09/19/20 08:50 AM

I just thought of something. What if they would replace Mike with Karone? It could have worked well for Karone's "learning to be good" storyline.

But than again - the issue would be who would be the new Pink Ranger. So I think that bringing Karone instead of Cassie as Galaxy Pink was the correct choice. It kind of sucks that they went back to Kendrix as Galaxy Pink for the LG/LR team-up. Karone would have worked better as she would have some simillarties with Ryan.

PRangerX 09/19/20 12:09 PM

No one could have predicted Valerie's illness. They just would have had to find someone else or tried harder to get Patrica back on board.

They likely brought Vernon back for the team up out of respect for the fact she was out sick. Or they didn't want to piss of the union. She came back in the finale due to union rules.

Even if Karone was in the team up she likely wouldn't have had many lines. The Galaxy Rangers were mainly treated like extras. Also Ryan wasn't in the team up. But I agree it would have been interesting to see those two together.

Ranger Eagle 09/19/20 12:15 PM

Perhaps Karone could have been Red and Andros could have "died" and came backb as Megna Defender.

Absolutely Melody 09/19/20 12:16 PM

I was disappointed there was no mention of Karone at all in Lightspeed. Thats why I was glad when she got to appear in Megaforce.

Miki1988 09/21/20 12:06 PM

Me too. Besides, it suits her.

PRangerX 09/26/20 08:13 AM

In fairness,the Galaxy Rangers barely got to do anything in the Lightspeed Team Up. They were kind of just there smiling in the background in most of the unmorpned scenes. So.its not surprising there was no mention of Karone.

Goldar's Revenge 09/26/20 08:14 AM

If she wasn't in the episode there really shouldn't have been. Since it would have distracted from the main plot. Especially since they barely had time to give anything noteworthy to the Galaxy Rangers that did show up.

Usagi Reborn 09/26/20 08:16 AM

I'm surprised they even bothered doing a team up since it was so rushed and forgettable.

Goldar's Revenge 09/26/20 08:18 AM

They did it as a tie in for Macdonalds. Who sold vhs of the team up under the Triple Force Title.