Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   R Rated Power Rangers Reboot Series? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=7758)

PRangerX 02/09/17 09:35 PM

R Rated Power Rangers Reboot Series?

Adi Shankar is working on the concept for a R rated Power Rangers series that retells MMPR as an R rated series. He plans to combine elements of Dragon Ball Z and get away from the monster of the week formula. Right now the idea is in the concept phase and needs to be sold to a distributor. Shanlar is is currently the showrunner of the Castlevania TV series.

http://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/2/9/1...reboot?ref=yfp

(I am not so sure what to make of this. Since I don't understand he could be pitching this without Saban Brands or if they would even be interested in this. Plus you have to be weary of fake news. It does interest me if this is legit. Something like this could work on Netflix like the article mentions. I would think it would cost some money.)

Inner Senshi 02/10/17 08:06 AM

Re: R Rated Power Rangers Reboot Series?

No! Just No! Power Rangers is a kids show and should.never be rated R.

KimandTommy 02/10/17 08:07 AM

I know its bad enough the new movie look s "dark and mature". We don't need rated R Power Rangers. Parents will get mad if they confuse it with the regular show.

Captain Codfish 02/10/17 08:10 AM

This has me excited! I love darker PR. I don't mind them going rated R if its something separate from the regular series.

Super Rad 02/10/17 01:55 PM

This would be amazing. Since I assume it would actually be good. PR should have grew up and not backtracked like they did . Now I know the regular show never would have went Rated R. But a new adult series could.

Goldar's Revenge 02/10/17 01:59 PM

This smells like a rat. I can't see it ever happening. Saban Brands would never want to be associated with something like this. The new movie isn't even going that far. Its not the right direction to go. Power Rangers s is a bad tv show that we take seriously. Something like this would feel like a whole new show.

MMPR Forever 02/10/17 02:00 PM

This would be my worst nightmare. And just when I was feeling a bit better with the new film.

Destiny Defeated 02/10/17 02:02 PM

I would welcome something like this. Striving for an R rating seems far fetched but PG 13 would work.

Calamity Kimberly 02/10/17 06:57 PM

It seems pretty silly to me.

Cassidy Casablancas 02/10/17 07:02 PM

I think it would be awful! I would never watch something like that.