Power Ranger Online Message Board

Power Ranger Online Message Board (powerrangersonline.com/index.php)
-   Power Rangers General Discussion (powerrangersonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was movie Rita too evil? (powerrangersonline.com/showthread.php?t=8125)

Sentai Master 07/09/17 12:05 AM

Re: Was movie Rita too evil?

Her actions in the movie don't jive totally with her backstory. She is supposes to be a former Ranger that was once good. But in the movie she acts like a psycho path who just enjoys killing to get what she wants. Should Rita have had more redeeming qualities in the movies or a justified reason to to do what she did?

Movie Ranger 07/10/17 02:58 PM

Re: Was movie Rita tlo evil?

She already passed the point of justifying her actions. By the point of the events of the proluge she had already gone full evil and psychotic. Being trapped in the ocean for thousands of years only made her more insane.

Dino Blaze 07/20/17 03:42 PM

They made her too different from the TV versions. They should have used Scorpina.

Impact Ranger 07/20/17 03:58 PM

People change, she obviously changed a lot from when she was legitimately good.

Rossovan 08/30/17 08:28 AM

I liked the re-imagining of Rita's character in the movie, much as i loved the old MMPR the reboot had to have some differences to make it worthwhile.

I don't think she was to evil but i hope more will be explained - about her backstory - if we get another film.

mbozzo 09/17/17 06:06 PM

Will a future movie mention that she was the daughter of Master Vile, who happen to be a jerk? :confused:

PRangerX 09/17/17 08:31 PM

I don't think she will have the same origin as the show. The movie already already has taken her in a different direction.

Crazy Ranger 09/19/17 06:18 PM

I thought she was perfect personally.

Brainiac 10/01/17 07:54 PM

She just wasnt enough like classic Rita.

Red Lightstar Ranger 10/01/17 07:59 PM

I never expected or wanted her to be the same as the classic. I thought the new Rita was perfect in tone.